The Wasteland Survival Guide: Engineering Greta - Page 104 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Wasteland Survival Guide: Engineering Greta

Huge Soft top SaleAdvance Adapters SYE KitsCurrie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!

Unread 06-28-2012, 07:16 AM   #1546
hallsofstone
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by unholycowgod View Post
A bit off topic but they just released the toxicology on the face-chewing guy in Florida: nothing but pot.

So I think we're back to our original assumption: zombie patient zero.

Link
Per link, they are now blaming it directly on marijuana and the release of dopamine.

["It could have been the strain of marijuana that increases the dopamine in the brain, such as sativa,” said Dr. Patricia Junquera, assistant professor at the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine...... There are two strains of marijuana called sativa and indica. The sativa increases dopamine and gives you energy while decreasing pain threshold. Indica is a “sleepy high,” she explained. “People don’t really know what the amount of either is in each little packet of marijuana,” she explained. “And we can’t differentiate between the two in the blood, much less in a dead person.” She also suggested that if Eugene had a mental disorder, “the marijuana could have increased even further the dopamine levels and aggravated the situation. So that can’t be ruled out.”]

Italics highlights the contradiction in what she's claiming. The following was in one of the comments for the article and is a recent and well respected study published in a well respected journal.

"CONCLUSIONS:

Unlike other addictions, cannabis dependence of mild to moderate severity is not associated with striatal DA alterations.

Biol Psychiatry. 2012 Apr 15;71(8):677-83. Epub 2012 Jan 29.
Dopamine release in chronic cannabis users: a [11c]raclopride positron emission tomography study.
Urban NB, Slifstein M, Thompson JL, Xu X, Girgis RR, Raheja S, Haney M, Abi-Dargham A.
Source

New York State PsychiatricInstitute, Department of Psychiatry, 1051 Riverside Drive, New York, NY 10032, USA. nu2118@columbia.edu"

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."
H. L. Mencken - US editor (1880 - 1956)

K.C.C.O. [url]www.thechive.com[/url]
hallsofstone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2012, 07:33 AM   #1547
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WileEKI-Ody View Post
i registered on this forum just so i could post on this build and say what an incredible job man. your dedication to your jeep, your chicken sandwiches and your attention to microscopic dust removal is as unparalleled as your skill and determination. also the world would be a cooler place if we could all grow beards like yours
Quite the series of compliments! I assure you, though: there are much more entertaining things on this forum than my thread. You should hang out in Tech once in awhile and watch some of the guys there prove how incompetent I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4 View Post
I am having Chick-fil-a catered in for a lunch and learn with UPS at work. Sorry, no relevance to the build but exciting nonetheless.
Eat your sammich and smile with quiet bemusement, while sagely nodding your head in the direction of a conversation that isn't taking place...it's fun because it worries the humans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallsofstone View Post
Per link, they are now blaming it directly on marijuana and the release of dopamine.
Marijuana...the gateway drug to the zompocalypse. "And that's why we don't do drugs, kids, m'kay?"

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2012, 09:24 AM   #1548
GunHo198
1994 YJ Wrangler 

The Zompocalypse is comming???

I need to spring for a hard top!!!
Unread 06-28-2012, 10:06 AM   #1549
jsburton84
2008 KK Liberty 

In case they turn out to be vampire zombies like the ones in I am legend/omega man,You must also make sure you have some of these:

Got them from Over the river and through the woods:
http://www.otrattw.com/
Unread 06-28-2012, 11:20 AM   #1550
Mallanaga
TJ Wrangler 

That's so awesome...
Mallanaga is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2012, 12:15 PM   #1551
RobertCote
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I was reading this thread verbatim up to page 30 something (maybe low 40s). But I had to skip ahead to the end, admittedly just scrolling through pictures. Excellent work. As a new, first-time Jeep owner, I'm sure I'm going to be referring to this thread quite a bit for the very detailed information you've presented. You're very thorough and I can appreciate that because, thus far, I don't know my ******* from my elbow on this rig. Thanks much for putting in the effort to provide so many tips and tricks in one convenient thread. A beer for you if you're ever around Boston.
RobertCote is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2012, 08:16 PM   #1552
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallanaga View Post
That's so awesome...
Very, very awesome indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertCote View Post
Thanks much for putting in the effort to provide so many tips and tricks in one convenient thread. A beer for you if you're ever around Boston.
Glad you're enjoying it. I'll gladly pay you on Tuesday for a hamburger today...

Today's Jeeping: LOTS of driving around, lots of pointed questions...and now, The Part In Which I Learn About Aluminum Alloys.

Unread 06-28-2012, 09:16 PM   #1553
GunHo198
1994 YJ Wrangler 

So are you looking at fabing a rack for the back of your Jeep?

Maybe????
Unread 06-28-2012, 10:52 PM   #1554
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunHo198 View Post
So are you looking at fabing a rack for the back of your Jeep?
You could put it that way, but you'd only be halfway right.

I do so hate to be mysterious, but...actually, that's a total lie: we here at Muppet Labs LOVE being mysterious. When this particular project becomes a bit more solid I'll be posting a LOT of pictures, and I think that you'll like what we're engineering. Until then...

Unread 06-28-2012, 11:10 PM   #1555
GunHo198
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner

You could put it that way, but you'd only be halfway right.

I do so hate to be mysterious, but...actually, that's a total lie: we here at Muppet Labs LOVE being mysterious. When this particular project becomes a bit more solid I'll be posting a LOT of pictures, and I think that you'll like what we're engineering. Until then...
This message Sponsored in part by Muppet Labs Inc.

(Some assembly required, batteries sold separately, large parts may not be suitable for women under 18. Some side effects may include but not limited to; A hairy buttocks, farts, long nostril hair, and a woody lasting longer than 4 hours.)
Unread 06-29-2012, 12:26 AM   #1556
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunHo198 View Post
This message Sponsored in part by Muppet Labs Inc...
Even I don't like 6061 that much...

Unread 06-29-2012, 05:28 AM   #1557
TheRealKTrain
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Too much funny in this thread. Thanks for the entertainment! How does one apply for citizenship in the Republic of Dave?
TheRealKTrain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2012, 06:47 AM   #1558
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
Eat your sammich and smile with quiet bemusement, while sagely nodding your head in the direction of a conversation that isn't taking place...it's fun because it worries the humans.
And so it was done. Sammiches were had by all. Surprisingly, I found the one spicy chicken in the bunch and I jumped on it. At the end of the meeting a bag of chocolate chunk cookies appeared as well. Life was good.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2012, 08:50 AM   #1559
Mitchell420tj
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealKTrain
Too much funny in this thread. Thanks for the entertainment! How does one apply for citizenship in the Republic of Dave?
Lol good question
Mitchell420tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2012, 09:02 AM   #1560
chukky82
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Dumb question time again. I am asking it here because there seems to be a good amount of knowledgable folks keeping up in here therefore I hope I will get an answere by this afternoon when the rapair shall go down. I just replaced my radiator, thermostat, and such last night. Got it all back together and had a leak when I cranked it back up. The leak is from a crack in the thermostat housing. It's not expensive and it is already ordered and at the parts store waiting for me to get off work.

Now for the question: Is there any sort of torque spec on the thermostat housing when I put the new one on? I know it needs to be pretty tight so as to avoid leaks. I am pretty sure that's how i cracked the other one. That and it has probably never been changed before. Thanks in advance for any help. This forum has been a huge help to me in the just over 3 years I have had my four angry squirrel powered heep!
chukky82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
annabelle , bewbs , chic-fil-a , custom , d&d , fallout , firefly , girly things , guns , half cab , hard tonneau , needs to go wheeling , overbuilt , photography , pin-up , sammiches , starwars , survival , wasteland

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.