"Wasn't Me" - my 2000 TJ weekend warrior - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > "Wasn't Me" - my 2000 TJ weekend warrior

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 09-30-2012, 06:04 PM   #91
BAMFpullin719
2000 TJ Wrangler 

dave spent the rainy day in the shop fabbin up a gas tank skid plate. pretty damn good if you ask me. their was only about half of the old one left and we were pokin holes through it with our fingers. this one is made to move the fuel tank an inch higher too. suh-weet. spent the weekend painting little stuff, used the eastwoods internal frame paint to finish up the frame finally and got a coat of chassis saver on the d44. slow and steady

fuel-tank-skid.jpg   fuel-tank-skid-1.jpg   fuel-tank-skid-2.jpg   fuel-tank-skid-3.jpg  
BAMFpullin719 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2012, 06:15 PM   #92
liftedyj91

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Nice skid! Whad you think of the internal paint? It worked great for me
Unread 09-30-2012, 06:26 PM   #93
BAMFpullin719
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i really liked it. used 2 cans on the tub channels and 2-3 on the frame. we'll see how she holds up
Unread 10-02-2012, 09:20 AM   #94
BAMFpullin719
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailsurf7713 View Post
Wow. Excellent work. We have similar yet very different builds. You took it a few steps further for sure.

Its coming along very well though. I was just out wheeling in Oneonta. Not sure where that is in relation to you, but can't wait to go back.
oneonta is short 40 mile jaunt down I88. actually use to work at the southside mall last year. if this sucker ever gets done i have alot of people to go wheeling with
Unread 10-02-2012, 01:05 PM   #95
sailsurf7713
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Actually, technically in Garratsville. Stayed in Oneonta. I'm not sure when I'll be up there next. My club goes annually. I'll let you know though. I may have to steal your tinted monstaliner idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97flexy View Post
...I say don't lift but CUT. :)
My Rusty Revival
sailsurf7713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2012, 09:00 PM   #96
88yjproject
2002 WJ 

Great job! I like what you're doing here.
Unread 10-04-2012, 09:23 AM   #97
BAMFpullin719
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Another jeep work night last night, busch beer and chicken ala king was served. got a few things accomplished...

tail gate is on tub, d44 is all painted, painted the skid plate early afternoon, RE tbar bracket is on, steering arm bracket is installed with parts from body lift. fuel tank skid is installed, and body should be ready to go on. SS extended brake lines are on the way as well at the RE Tracbar. hopefully i can get those installed this weekend/early next week and be ready to install body next

pics are as follows
axle painted
skid painted
Home made fuel tankl straps. Stealership wanted $27 a piece... F-That
steering arm bracket in
Front driveshaft in
few shots of the skid plate installed
and tbar bracket

does anybody have any input on the angle my skid plate is at? i dont remember if the stocker made it sit like that or if this one is just different. should make life easier when sliding over stuff but ? hopefully it doesnt hit on the new tbar or it will be time to drop it again do some fabbing. heres the link to the gas tank skid. we didnt build ours exactly to the specs but followed it for the basic measurements

http://www.4x4trax.net/GasSkid.htm
axle-painted.jpg   fuel-tank-straps.jpg   skid-painted.jpg   img_0424.jpg   img_0425.jpg  

img_0426.jpg   img_0427.jpg   img_0428.jpg   img_0429.jpg   img_0430.jpg  

Unread 10-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #98
matteo92065
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I just finished reading this thread.
Is it too late to look at moving your rear spring perches? I just did mine, like most do, with the body on the frame. I could only dream about how easy this job would be with the body off the frame.

Have you cycled the rear suspension with the springs removed?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/up...ation-1390124/

But I guess this project would really snow ball if you look at things like outboarding, and all the other modifications out there.

Nice job!
matteo92065 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2012, 06:19 PM   #99
BAMFpullin719
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i deff cant outboard right now, and my time constraints on getting this thing moving again before snow flys here in upstate ny means i cant really cut anymore **** off or weld anything else on. just gotta gt it together and run it for the winter cuz the motorcycle is no fun.

i usually dont consider or do a mod until i've heard a good amount on it. i have never really heard of moving the spring perches. how is it any better than what they are now. guess im just confused, i looked throught that link and it didnt really answer anything for me
Unread 10-04-2012, 07:01 PM   #100
sailsurf7713
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMFpullin719 View Post
i deff cant outboard right now, and my time constraints on getting this thing moving again before snow flys here in upstate ny means i cant really cut anymore **** off or weld anything else on. just gotta gt it together and run it for the winter cuz the motorcycle is no fun.

i usually dont consider or do a mod until i've heard a good amount on it. i have never really heard of moving the spring perches. how is it any better than what they are now. guess im just confused, i looked throught that link and it didnt really answer anything for me
I wouldn't worry too much about the relocation at this point. I'm gonna move mine a bit, but only because they're rusted out. I'll report back on my experience. The reason for it is mostly to improve the springs orientation after a lift and to align the bumps. It is noticeably bowed stock, but made worse by lifting, to the point where the bumps may no longer contact properly.

Keep up the great progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97flexy View Post
...I say don't lift but CUT. :)
My Rusty Revival
sailsurf7713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #101
chachi44089
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Great job! I like the tank skid, looks bullet proof. Are there any drain holes??
chachi44089 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2012, 07:17 PM   #102
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I dig it!
Unread 10-20-2012, 08:24 PM   #103
BobA
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thats alot more than the average person would want to do,Nice job

77 DJ5
Soon to be streetrod
BobA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2012, 01:27 PM   #104
4x4Mudmonster
1985 CJ7 

Great build. Wish mine came together this quick!
Unread 10-21-2012, 02:21 PM   #105
Srisher
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I like the build your doing so far it is looking good
Srisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.