"Wasn't Me" - my 2000 TJ weekend warrior - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > "Wasn't Me" - my 2000 TJ weekend warrior

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-23-2012, 08:50 AM   #76
BAMFpullin719
2000 TJ Wrangler 

those other pics

dead-soldiers.jpg   d44-regear-progress.jpg   d30-painted.jpg   d44-almost-done.jpg   windshield-tub.jpg  

BAMFpullin719 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2012, 07:14 PM   #77
BAMFpullin719
2000 TJ Wrangler 

a few pics of the heep during masking, and the last 2 of everything masked off, hanging, and the would-be paint booth
img_0316.jpg   img_0317.jpg   img_0318.jpg   img_0319.jpg   img_0320.jpg  

img_0321.jpg   img_0369.jpg   img_0370.jpg  
Unread 09-06-2012, 07:26 PM   #78
BAMFpullin719
2000 TJ Wrangler 

MONSTALINER TIME! talked the maker (magnetman here on jeepforum) of monsta to mix me up a yellow color that would colormatch chryslers solar yellow. voila! this is "urine trouble" i got a solid 2 coats on everything and when i went to lay the 3rd coat i found that i wasnt moving fast enough and had some liner harden up and fall off the edges of the bowl while mixing. i sprayed the doors and grill and got a few globs stuck in the paint so i stopped before i got some on the hood and tub. no sweat tho, its wheeler not a showwinner and when i finally get sick of seeing them i will peel the globs off and throw another coat or 2 of monstaliner over whats there. i love the way it came out other than that and the color is perfect
img_0371.jpg   img_0372.jpg   img_0373.jpg   img_0374.jpg   img_0375.jpg  

img_0376.jpg   img_0377.jpg  
Unread 09-06-2012, 07:28 PM   #79
BAMFpullin719
2000 TJ Wrangler 

heres the cowl with a few pics out in the sunshine. man does she stand out!
img_0378.jpg   img_0379.jpg   img_0380.jpg   img_0381.jpg  
Unread 09-06-2012, 08:56 PM   #80
liftedyj91

1991 YJ Wrangler 

That looks really good brother. I wish iwouldof sprayed mine but I'd t have the place todo it. Looks awesome ant wait to see reassembly!
Unread 09-15-2012, 08:45 PM   #81
1Badboy
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Urine Trouble...LOL looking good.
1Badboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2012, 01:14 PM   #82
haglersp
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Would you be willing/able to make me one of the jeep and land rover stickers in your back window? And nice build too
Unread 09-24-2012, 06:14 AM   #83
BAMFpullin719
2000 TJ Wrangler 

sure thing. i have an extra yellow one made up at the garage, if that color is ok let me make sure i can find it sometime this week and when i do i will mail it to you. if you need a different color and you need it right away i can also send you the design in an email and you could take it to someone who does graphics to cut.my only problem is that between college, work, and building jeep i have no time to use my vinyl cutter, and it will prolly be a month before i get around to making stickers again
Unread 09-24-2012, 09:38 AM   #84
BAMFpullin719
2000 TJ Wrangler 

thanks guys still plugging away. got the dash wires hooked up and dash installed. was nervous about htis becaus ei took it apart by myself and unhooked almost everythign from the dash to find out at the end i only had to unhook stuff at the firewall. but everything was relatively easy to find and it took 2 of us a half hour to fit it back together. hopefully she works when we put juice to her.

i decided to try and do a work night. invited my buddys over for free pizza and beer and we just started knocking stuff out. Mce fenders are installed, front and rear axles are put back together, did new rear brakes on d44 (still have to sand her down and paint), carried frame in and started to create a rolling chassis. ended up finding some bolts broken or missing and some parts were still at my house in the middle of being painted but we got what i thought was alot done. 3 pizzas, 3 doz wings, and 2 18 racks of bud and bud light bottles may be one of the best mods ive done during this whole jeep restoration lol
dash-hook-up.jpg   dash-.jpg   front-clip-mce.jpg   almost-rollin-chassis.jpg   work-night-eating.jpg  

axles-assembled.jpg  
Unread 09-24-2012, 10:38 AM   #85
mjWJ12
2004 WJ 

Hey man, i dont even have a wrangler but i like what your doing here. Great work! i can't wait to do a project like this.
Im a cherokee guy.
(04 WJ Laredo)3" IRO +3/4" front spacers; Custom rear bumper +d-rings; universal front tow hook; plasti-dipped 16" silverblades; premium sliders; custom hi-lift mount; 265/75/16 Cooper Discoverer ATP.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/mjwj12-build-thread-1436508/"]Here is my Build Thread[/URL]
mjWJ12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2012, 08:54 AM   #86
BAMFpullin719
2000 TJ Wrangler 

thanks guys, its alot of work and i have a lot of great friends helping me get it done, i have to sit down and tally up the costs again, this project is way over budget but i cant justify not doing it right while everything is apart. i dropped 5 bills the other day on a 3" body lift ( the jeep had a 2" but it was pretty shot, the hardware was junk) rubicon express rear adj tracbar, the bracket, and extended stainless steel brakelines. only thing left to buy other than some misc hardware should be the rear d.s.

installed my currie rear UCA's. looks awesome, dash is all the way in, steering wheel on, front rollbar extensions are on, a pic of the rollin chassis, SYE is installed, dropped the motor in but we were missing bolts and the tranny mount sheared a couple bolts off when we took it apart. I got the tranny mount for $30 at advanced autoparts, while staring at the motor mounts i got talkin with dave and we decided to build a mml. just a 1" spacer really but jks sells the same kits for big bucks, dave can cut the alluminum blocks at work and we can drill the holes. next post i will snap some pics of how she turned out.
currie-rear-ucas.jpg   dash-rollbar.jpg   roller.jpg   sye-installed.jpg   motor-droppin.jpg  

motor-drop2.jpg  
Unread 09-27-2012, 12:14 PM   #87
sailsurf7713
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Wow. Excellent work. We have similar yet very different builds. You took it a few steps further for sure.

Its coming along very well though. I was just out wheeling in Oneonta. Not sure where that is in relation to you, but can't wait to go back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97flexy View Post
...I say don't lift but CUT. :)
My Rusty Revival
sailsurf7713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2012, 12:27 PM   #88
liftedyj91

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Looking good man! Your not gonna wanna wheel it now!
Unread 09-27-2012, 07:44 PM   #89
BAMFpullin719
2000 TJ Wrangler 

gotta wheel it. i knew swappin tubs the yellows would be off (tub would be faded yellow and different from my fenders/hood) so it was paint it or monstaline it. if i painted it i wouldnt wanna wheel it so monsta it was
Unread 09-27-2012, 08:19 PM   #90
BAMFpullin719
2000 TJ Wrangler 

heres some pics. i know it doesnt look like much got done but we had to back track a bit. fabbed up some motor mount lifts. 2"x4 & 3/4" by 1" tall block of aluminum. got the transfer case with sye installed and took the skid plate off, removed the spacers, and reinstalled.
img_0419.jpg   img_0420.jpg   img_0421.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.