"Wasn't Me" - my 2000 TJ weekend warrior - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > "Wasn't Me" - my 2000 TJ weekend warrior

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 02-12-2013, 04:48 PM   #136
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMFpullin719 View Post
Sweet. Good to know. I was pretty upset when the offroad magazine did a winch wars test and supposedly they got the badlands and it didnt work out of the box so they excluded it. I was like GO GET ONE THAT WORKS YA HAN-YOCKS! Thats what any consumer woulda done an it woulda been nice to know how it competed. Prolly rigged anyways
How exactly do you expect to go get a winch that works if you're stuck and in need of a winch to get out? In the winch shootout that I was a part of, any winch that failed to operate for any reason was considered a "did not finish" for just that reason. While it may have been rigged, I doubt it. During the winch shootout that I was a part of, the Chicago Electric winch we had finished but it was also on it's last legs while the other two finishers were pulling the same way they had been all day.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 11:51 PM   #137
BAMFpullin719
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

How exactly do you expect to go get a winch that works if you're stuck and in need of a winch to get out? In the winch shootout that I was a part of, any winch that failed to operate for any reason was considered a "did not finish" for just that reason. While it may have been rigged, I doubt it. During the winch shootout that I was a part of, the Chicago Electric winch we had finished but it was also on it's last legs while the other two finishers were pulling the same way they had been all day.
They werent stuck and in need. Any consumer who took a product out of the box that didnt work would go back and get another. I was merely upset they didnt give it a chance to compete against the others.

No big deal, we installed the 12k on the car trailer and have used it a ton of times and im so impressed by how well it works. If i could afford a warn i buy one in a second, but for what id pay for one warn i could go back to harbor freight 3 times when i broke. and the 3yr extended warranty is no questions
BAMFpullin719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 04:43 PM   #138
4x4Mudmonster
1985 CJ7 

Dude, we gotta go wheeling this summer. I was gonna PM you my phone number, but your inbox is full.
Unread 07-03-2013, 12:20 AM   #139
BAMFpullin719
2000 TJ Wrangler 

wow guys. been awhile since ive been on. bought the rear ds in april. install was easy and workin great. had some ujoint issues on my front shafts, don't even ask. tried to shortcut around the problem and 2 tries at fixing later I just bought used shafts, jeez. got to wheel a bit. graduated college!!! YEE YEE! at my party we had 3-4 wranglers and hit the shale pit which had some "remodeling". walked up a sweet hill after a few tries (im still unlocked, give me a break) but naturally my aunt wanted to go up it and I tried it again, slashing one of the the last 4 nokian vatiiva m/ts ever made just as I crested over the top.... doh! came out to Wyoming for an elk management internship in may, here until November. I left my jeep home with my brother and dad to drive around. cant wait to get back home and wheel! hope everyone following is doing good and happy wheelin :-)
BAMFpullin719 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.