"Wasn't Me" - my 2000 TJ weekend warrior - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > "Wasn't Me" - my 2000 TJ weekend warrior

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-26-2011, 10:08 PM   #1
BAMFpullin719
2000 TJ Wrangler 

"Wasn't Me" - my 2000 TJ weekend warrior- half-a-frame off restoration

havn't started a build thread but figured i better start before i forget stuff. i'll be sorting through pics mostly and i'll try to use those to tell the story

i purchased my 2000 jeep wrangler in april 2011. after searching for months and months for the right jeep that didnt have a rotted frame, to many miles, i price that wasn't skyhigh, i found it on craiglist in the next county north of me. it had been posted up at 6:21pm and i called the guy at 7:15 to tell him i wanted it and try and set up a time to see it. he told me he had a cash offer over the phone and the guy was coming to see it the next night. i couldnt make it there to see for another 2days because of work . i called him at 9pm the next night to find out the guy showed up without $, looked at it, talked abunch od ****, and then said he would be back over the weekend to pay the guy. thursday i took off like a rocket from college, hit the bank and and couldnt stop shakin the whole way to the place where i was spose to meet tracy, the owner. i got there and it turned out tracy was a cop, hes was going to walk me through the jeep but had just broken up a fight at the bar down the street. he was bleeding from his hand and literally had 2 guys cuffed and stuffed in the back of his cop car haha. needless to say i handed him $2500 dp and started making plans to bring her home.

My jeep, turns out was ordered from the factory by tracy back in 2000. he wanted a play toy, something he could just take out get dirty and not worry about it breaking.he ordered

2000 tj sport I6 5spd
dana44 rear axle with ls diff
hardtop & softtop
and other goodys.

and so it begins

1st pic was in the cl ad
2nd is my brother comparing how tall the jeep is. was pissed it sat taller than his truck so he had to get a leveling kit and 35s to make it bigger again
3rd is teh 1st fuel up on the way home

2000-jeep-62k-7lift-1-owner-848-6067.jpg   jeep2.jpg   jeep.jpg  
BAMFpullin719 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2011, 10:31 PM   #2
MagnumPI
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Welcome, to the addiction!

Yellow jeeps kick *** lol
[COLOR="Yellow"]Yellow Jeep Club Member #1337[/COLOR]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/back-stock-beyond-2000-tj-build-1263116/"]Back to Stock, and Beyond! 2000 TJ Build[/URL]
MagnumPI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2011, 06:21 PM   #3
BAMFpullin719
2000 TJ Wrangler 

continuing on with my would-be-build-thread...

my first investment to the jeep is the first pic. maybe the most valuable one.

second pic was my first obstacle. some real crazy stuff i know, haha but give me a break, it was only a day old

i had to get my stickers on there, i have a vinyl cutter and started a little under the table business making stickers for vehicles, business's, you name it, ive prolly dun it. figured i might as well put some vinyl to good use
img_1985.jpg   jp1.jpg   img_1741.jpg   img_1744.jpg  
Unread 09-29-2011, 07:18 PM   #4
AlTheKillerr

that front bumper is nuts. whered it come from?
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2011, 09:19 PM   #5
Prryan45
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Two things;lose the mad max bumper and the 4" body lift.
Prryan45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2011, 09:32 PM   #6
private

Quote:
Originally Posted by prryan45 View Post
two things;lose the mad max bumper and the 4" body lift.
qft
Unread 09-30-2011, 09:07 AM   #7
BAMFpullin719
2000 TJ Wrangler 

hey dont on my parade!!!

haha front bumper was custom made by po. it weighs at least 100lbs, and is welded solid right to the frame. its staying on for now, does great at deflecting 4-legged cervids (deer) (ask me how i know), and does great at protecting my fenders on the trail.(who knows it might do great during the zombie apocalypse too)

ive thought about cutting the ends at 45degree angles and making a stinger but im more worried about deer/trees than rocks right now.

also thought about taking the body lift out, its only a 2" BL and 4" superlift, but it feels good to sit taller than other jeeps and gives me a bit more flex. hacking the fenders is not an option right now.

will try to continue with thread 2night. puter got a virus tho so we'll see how annoying it gets
Unread 09-30-2011, 10:07 AM   #8
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMFpullin719 View Post
but it feels good to sit taller than other jeeps
When you start wheeling, you'll get over it real quick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMFpullin719 View Post
and gives me a bit more flex
No it doesn't.
Imped is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2011, 12:22 AM   #9
BAMFpullin719
2000 TJ Wrangler 

its been wheeled, ive been worried once, sideways on a hill. and as for more flex, it lifts my whoel body up, allowing me not much but 1-3inches of more room before i rub.

if all your gunna do is rag on my jeep, go read some1 elses post!!!

ive had my jeep for 6mos, its been through some of the worst it will see, it serves its purpose. this is why we all build our jeeps in different ways, for different purposes. If i wanted to do what YOU do, i'd have my jeep just like yours. This isnt a thread where im asking for your opinions on a subject, its my build thread, so lay the **** off

thanks all
Unread 10-04-2011, 01:13 PM   #10
BAMFpullin719
2000 TJ Wrangler 

fog had started getting bad around the house. last 3-5 miles of driving was getting unbearable at 5mph with my head hanging out the window. they decided not to paint lines on the road and spotting mailbox to mailbox got really old.

i decided to go with a set of wally world platinum burners. at $19.95 how could i go wrong? install was about an hour, everything in the kit seems like its made of good material except the plastic molding that goes around the switch, mine cracked before i could even tighten the screw so my fog light switch is jerry-rigged for now.

i have to say 5mos later im impressed with these little lights. they work great cutting through the fog, about 25ft in front of me, and if im using them on the trail or just on the way home i can angle em out further or to the sides. the mounting brackets hold the lights just tight enough that they dont move doing 70 down the hwy but loose enuff that if a branch or tree hits them while on the trail they get pushed backwards on the hinge arms(instead of breaking the glass). like i said i cant complain for $20.

then i had to do something kinda un-cool. the factory steps got mounted back up. my buddy sold me a set off his dads wrangler (haha) for $15. despite my alluminum nutserts in the frame be stripped out or non existent, some quick tinkering with the tap&die set and some locktited grade 8 hardware bolted the simple-but-purposeful stock steps back on. the gf was happy and i guess thats the important thing. i still have big dreams of fabbing the steps for a quick disco. some stronger roundpipe and pull pins so they can easily pop on/off and dont get crushed too bad if i decide to play in the rock garden...
img_1981.jpg   img_1982.jpg   img_1739.jpg   img_1738.jpg  
Unread 10-04-2011, 02:25 PM   #11
BAMFpullin719
2000 TJ Wrangler 

found these pics of my first play date with my jeep. little shale pit about a mile up the road. judgeing by the photos i guess i put the factory steps back on before i put the fogs on.

i remember how nervous i was just goign down that shale pit for 1st time. oh how naive! haha
quarry-5-3-11.jpg   quarry-five-5-3-11.jpg   quarry-four-5-3-11.jpg   quarry-three-5-3-11.jpg   quarry-two-5-3-11.jpg  

Unread 10-04-2011, 04:58 PM   #12
misfitJason

nice
misfitJason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2011, 09:09 PM   #13
BAMFpullin719
2000 TJ Wrangler 

jeepin trip!!!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f58/m...ce-ny-1272798/
Unread 10-04-2011, 09:26 PM   #14
BAMFpullin719
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i have NO pics of topless or soft top even tho i spent most of the summer that way. any pics i do have are bmp from my ****ty cell phone, so oh well.

started to notice some decent puddles of ps fluid under the jeep. assumed it was the ps pump up until the day i went to fix it. ps pump was fine, it was my steering gear box. so we did an oil change and new gear box. but after the steer box went it i got ...........DEATH WOBBLE!!!!!!!
img_1983.jpg   img_1984.jpg  
Unread 10-04-2011, 09:40 PM   #15
BAMFpullin719
2000 TJ Wrangler 

wanted new tires for awhile and dw seemed like a good reason to order em up. but what about wheels? some kid on craiglist had a brand new set of black rock steel 15x10 wheels still in boxes for $300. cha-ching. and fore tires i really wanted the nitto mud grapps and was ready, willing, and able to spend the $ on em, but the only 35r15 tire was 14" wide. WHOA!!! didnt think that 14 inch wide tire would make the greatest winter road tire. so i went with 35x12.50r15 Nokian VATIIVA M/Ts. i had this tire on a 97 dakota 2 winters back and loved it. heres pics of the wheels, old jeep, and new jeep. BTW, death wobble wasn't fixed but it got better. i was now only getting it when i hit bumps around 30mph where before i was getting it anytime i did 40mph.
jp-wheel.jpg   jp-wheel1.jpg   img_1738.jpg   img_6682.jpg   img_6684.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.