JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Jeep Builds (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/)
-   -   Waldorf MD's White Rubi Build (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/waldorf-mds-white-rubi-build-1426676/)

tonkatrucksryan 10-12-2012 07:02 AM

Waldorf MD's White Rubi Build

2 Attachment(s)
Well We got our 04 White Rubi sometime this last July because I was restoring a 75 CJ5 and was getting tired of not driving a jeep. I wanted to go look at a 2000 tj and my wife saw this one at the same dealer and I said it really was out of our price range. My wife said that I would have to put a lot of money in the 2000 tj to get it to look half as good as the Rubi. So I traded in my 98 Mustang gt on our new baby or 04 Rubi. The Rubi wasn't at the dealer long and had a lot of interested in her. The salesman at the dealer wanted to buy my stang for himself. Well I won and they even met my price.

Rubi came with:

Four inch Superlift (worn out suspension links and the shocks sucked)
33 x 10.5 x 16 Nitto Grapplers 30% tread Crap!
Linexd Tub and fender wells
kC lights on the windshield that had never been wire WTH!
Xenon 6 inch extended fender flares
She was purdy though!!!

I want to fix some of the other PO stuff and have a Rubi that can go anywhere (except rocks, don't care to do that) and still use it as a daily driver back and forth to base if I want to

tonkatrucksryan 10-12-2012 07:45 AM

3 Attachment(s)
So far thanks to your help/advice, Quadratec, Discount tires direct the following has been done to Rubi.

New Suspension end links on the front and back
New Besttop
Front bumper changed to Smittybuilt
replaced stock foglights with Warn Fog lights
also installed another set of wireless Warn Fog lights
Replaced warn out shocks with bilstein 5150
New spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers
New rims and Hankook 315/75/16 AT
New Rear Smittybuilt swingout bumper
Some armor upfront
Highlift and mount.
New brakes and drilled and slotted rotors
new rear axle seal and hub!!!!
New upper and lower control arms

Still haven't done anything about the windshield fog lights
want more armor
Winch
Half doors

just bought all new black hinges
Plastic dip spray for the front grille
going to put this stuff on next Friday!!!
winch

AngryTJ 10-12-2012 08:16 AM

Have you checked to make sure its a real rubi? ie axles, lockers, tcase?

That sticker should be centered on the hood, just making sure you didnt get jipped

tonkatrucksryan 10-12-2012 08:21 AM

Dana 44 out back and it has the locker for it. Anything else I should look for?

ramthis426 10-12-2012 08:23 AM

nice looking jeep bro. what base are you at

KevKaos 10-12-2012 08:25 AM

D44s and lockers front and rear. That was a good catch Lu. I didnt catch that sticker being offcenter, but you are very much correct. Assuming everything else is correct, the PO may have had to respray the hood and just didnt put the stickers back on correctly.

You can always send off to Chrysler with your VIN and they will send you a complete listing for the vehicle as it left the factory. Dont remember the address right now, but search for the thread, looking for VIN research or something like that.

tonkatrucksryan 10-12-2012 08:27 AM

Bolling afb. I have the locker switch on the dash. do you need me to take a pic of the dash what else can I look at. Will it say it on the Title?

TheRealKTrain 10-12-2012 08:38 AM

Everything else looks right though, wheels, rocker guards, fog lights,

tonkatrucksryan 10-12-2012 08:51 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok was a little freak out looked at the Carfax and it is a Rubicon. Other PO must of replaced the stickers and f'd up Have to buy some more. Thanks Angry

The bill of sale shows a Rubi

KevKaos 10-12-2012 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealKTrain (Post 14290985)
Everything else looks right though, wheels, rocker guards, fog lights,

But the wheels aren't Moabs, so that doesnt really tell you anything. Not sure that my title says Rubicon, so I wouldnt bank on that.

Go out on some dirt, drop her in 4WD low and try to engage the lockers. If it is a stock Rubi setup, you should see indicators on the dash that show front and rear lockers when they lock up. You could always drive it up to the BWI area and I'll look at it. I was trying to look at the pics to see if those rocker guards look to be Rubi stock, but they could have been changed when the rails were put on.

Just saw your updates. I think I would trust Carfax over a bill of sale or anything the dealer would have on the sticker. Ultimately, the front and rear D-44s with lockers tell the story. That and the gearing of the Transfer case. You only have the one switch for the stock Rubi setup, so maybe thats why you only mentioned a locker in the rear. The one switch works both lockers depending on what setting you choose (rear only, front only or both).

tonkatrucksryan 10-12-2012 08:56 AM

rocker guards are stock

janesy86 10-12-2012 09:07 AM

Sharp looking and clean rig! Looks like you're heading in the right direction!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevKaos (Post 14291042)
But the wheels aren't Moabs, so that doesnt really tell you anything. Not sure that my title says Rubicon, so I wouldnt bank on that.

The pics in the first post show the Moabs. Stated how he just bought new ones...

KevKaos 10-12-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janesy86 (Post 14291097)
Sharp looking and clean rig! Looks like you're heading in the right direction!

The pics in the first post show the Moabs. Stated how he just bought new ones...

Yep. You are correct. I missed that. Sorry.

Dang, where did those sweet Moabs go? hehe I know some folks that would be ready to buy them real quick.

AngryTJ 10-12-2012 09:27 AM

seems good, the flares are wider as well :D

Must have just replaced the hood or repainted at one point.

What other plans do you have for the rig?

tonkatrucksryan 10-12-2012 09:40 AM

It took foever to sell the rims and I did to a Marine with a YJ. Gave him a great deal.

Angry I am going to take it as far as I can, but still able to be a daily driver when I want. Hate to see them trailered. I think I am going to sell my 75 CJ5 and put the money in it. Hate to do this but i have only driven it 200ft. I never even registered it just dumped a lot of money in it.

The time now is 11:27 PM.