A Visual Recap - Stock to Now - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > A Visual Recap - Stock to Now

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 07-07-2010, 10:55 PM   #61
jeepmanjc
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0blcktj6 View Post
Haha, yea we compromised on that one, they wanted to go with this one

but I was able to talk them down....this is the downside of hanging out with mainly cherokees...
anyone else think it looks better this way????

Unread 07-08-2010, 06:24 AM   #62
purplepig
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Haha three months without my baby is too long.
I hear you. I had to go to Cape May for Coast Guard basic and I really missed my Jeep. I kept seeing good looking Jeeps which made it even worse.
Welcome to the Gulf Coast. When you get your Jeep make sure you look up the local Jeep clubs. Emerald Coast Jeepers is one.
purplepig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2010, 01:26 PM   #63
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepig View Post
I hear you. I had to go to Cape May for Coast Guard basic and I really missed my Jeep. I kept seeing good looking Jeeps which made it even worse.
Welcome to the Gulf Coast. When you get your Jeep make sure you look up the local Jeep clubs. Emerald Coast Jeepers is one.
Hey thanks for the advice. I was wondering what they had around here for wheeling. Ill definitely have to check them out.

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/v...ck-now-908246/
0blcktj6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2010, 04:21 PM   #64
JEEP4x20
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Cant wait for more
JEEP4x20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2010, 05:05 PM   #65
RuffShod
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Looks good!

I have been debating on whether or not to go with 33's or 35's. Yours looks good on 33's!
RuffShod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2010, 12:04 AM   #66
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffShod View Post
Looks good!

I have been debating on whether or not to go with 33's or 35's. Yours looks good on 33's!
That is actually my big debate right now, haha. I'm in need of new tires here shortly and am itching for 35's but I just don't honestly know if I need them seeing as my 33's have handled just about everything very well...decisions, decisions..

My Build Thread:
Unread 12-16-2010, 11:31 PM   #67
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

*update*

I just picked up a full set of Currie CA's. I'm thinking abut getting the front housing JJ kit from Savvy but haven't decided yet, it would be kind of a PITA considering I live on base and do not have ready access to a welder. The arms should be here on Monday but considering the Holidays are coming up I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to install them, maybe I'll just do a pair per afternoon, who knows.

Found a local spot with some pretty cool hill climbs and stuff but ended up getting a bit overzealous and of course the next day the temps dropped to below freezing so all that mud is literally frozen to the Jeep. I tried to wipe it off but the windex froze almost instantly to the windows . Plus my driver door got jammed so I had to take the entire panel apart and fiddle with it until I could fix it, gave it a good white lithium treatment and it opens better than stock now!

Will follow up on the CA's as they get installed, I'm hoping to really clean up the ride in the coming months so the plans are as follows:

- CA's
- Anti-Rock
- SYE/CV Shaft
- Currie Steering
- Vanco Brakes

The brakes might have to wait until after I get off Cruise but we'll see. I am really not liking how the Jeep stops and I've only got 33's which is one of the reasons I've decided not to make the step to 35's just yet.
img_20101213_142730.jpg  

My Build Thread:
Unread 12-20-2010, 12:14 AM   #68
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Had some free time so my cousin and I made our vehicles a bit more festive, when I got back to base tonight one of the female MA's took pictures at the ID checkpoint and held up like 5 cars.

Currie arms should be getting here tomorrow, hopefully I'll be able to get those done before Christmas but we'll see.
jeep-lights.jpg  

My Build Thread:
Unread 12-20-2010, 08:41 AM   #69
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Currie arms came in today...if anyone is even paying attention

My Build Thread:
Unread 12-20-2010, 08:43 AM   #70
thejafe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Currie arms came in today...if anyone is even paying attention
I am .
thejafe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2010, 09:29 AM   #71
Lamont_24
1999 TJ Wrangler 

how do you like those Currie arms?
[COLOR="Indigo"]Purple Jeep Club member #13[/COLOR]
Lamont_24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2010, 09:32 AM   #72
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont_24 View Post
how do you like those Currie arms?
Well so far they look good in the box . It's probably going to take the better part of this week working on and off to get them installed then I'll be sure to let you know.

My Build Thread:
Unread 12-20-2010, 09:56 AM   #73
Masta-P
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I'm paying attention and the only thing I see wrong is you don't have square headlights. Great lookin' ride dude and good luck with the service.
Masta-P is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2010, 10:10 AM   #74
Lamont_24
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well so far they look good in the box . It's probably going to take the better part of this week working on and off to get them installed then I'll be sure to let you know.
Sweet Thanks! If you dont mind me asking.. what kind of price did you get those arms for?
[COLOR="Indigo"]Purple Jeep Club member #13[/COLOR]
Lamont_24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2010, 11:01 AM   #75
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont_24 View Post
Sweet Thanks! If you dont mind me asking.. what kind of price did you get those arms for?
Picked them up for 600 used but in great condition. I'm pretty happy with the price.

My Build Thread:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.