A Visual Recap - Stock to Now - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > A Visual Recap - Stock to Now

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 03-03-2010, 09:08 AM   #46
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks a lot. Yea I love the setup, it works very well for my needs and will eventually let me run 35's. You'll be very happy with the capabilities of your Jeep off road and should love the on road ride as well, I know I do.

While I like the tube doors for looks, that's all they really are for. I also was looking for a set of half doors but never came across any deal good enough. I'm thinking of getting rid of my tube doors because I don't really ever use them.

And to AER2007, yes that is OFR, a very fun little trail.

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/v...ck-now-908246/
0blcktj6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2010, 09:10 AM   #47
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

BTW for anyone who might be interested, I've got my Hardtop and Carpet for sale, links to the classifieds are in my sig.

My Build Thread:
Unread 03-07-2010, 01:54 PM   #48
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Alright so this weekend I bit the bullet and cut up my stock fenders. They were all beat to crap anyway and I'm really happy with how it turned out. Here is a little teaser picture for you. All the others are on my girlfriends camera and I'll post them when I get the chance.

My Build Thread:
Unread 03-08-2010, 12:20 PM   #49
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Took a few more pictures today, I love the way they turned out and would highly recommend this mod to anyone thinking about doing it.

And there is NOTHING poser about this flex!

Anyway, that is all for now. Tomorrow I should have all of the pictures I took during the cutting so I'll post them up when I do.

My Build Thread:
Unread 03-12-2010, 04:25 PM   #50
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Here are a few pictures from the cutting job, all in all it went fairly smooth and took about 5 hours to do with a little dremel.

Started by removing the flares, which is a pain in the *** BTW, and removing the turn signals.

And this is what happens when you are too lazy to properly set your bumpstops:

My Build Thread:
Unread 03-12-2010, 04:30 PM   #51
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

We then moved on to taping off the line we would be cutting. I wanted it rounded in the front with kind of sharp angle where it meets the edge, kind of like a scalloped shape, so this is what we came up with:

And this is side number one done:

That is my wonderful assistant, he is XJLI on this forum

My Build Thread:
Unread 03-12-2010, 04:36 PM   #52
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

While I worked on side number two my assistant began cutting the 3" holes in my grill. He taped them off and measured them up and went to town:

Now for all those planning on using the JK turn signals with their tube fender / fender cutting project I would HIGHLY recommend trying to find a 3 1/8" hole saw and not just the 3". This was literally the most frustrating and annoying part of the entire install because we slowly had to make the holes bigger until we could finally, and literally, beat the lights in. I am pleased to report that the JK housings are IMMENSELY strong...

And finishing up the second fender. I don't have any completed pictures from that day because it was dark by the time we finished but you can just see the ones above.

Now I will undoubtedly say that this is my favorite mod, well besides a lift and tires, that I have done to the Jeep and that tube fenders have taken a MAJOR step down my list of things to do. Any questions just post up or shoot me a PM.

My Build Thread:
Unread 04-01-2010, 12:09 AM   #53
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Installed my new V8 ZJ Tierod this past weekend to replace my bent stock one. No pictures of the install but did a bit of backyard wheeling when it was done, here's a few pics...

Oh the woes of being open..

Some 2WD wheel spin

Mad flex yo'

Perfect fender trimmage? Yes.

KTMRacer Hating on my openness

And that was my weekend, well that isn't even close to my entire weekend but we won't go into that...

My Build Thread:
Unread 04-01-2010, 12:33 AM   #54
Hurley91

It looks awesome man And is that an XJ grill on you grill? Isn't that kinda like Cannibalism?
Unread 04-01-2010, 12:46 AM   #55
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurley91 View Post
It looks awesome man And is that an XJ grill on you grill? Isn't that kinda like Cannibalism?
Haha, yea we compromised on that one, they wanted to go with this one

but I was able to talk them down....this is the downside of hanging out with mainly cherokees...

My Build Thread:
Unread 04-01-2010, 12:50 AM   #56
thejafe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Lookin' good John! Now come out wheeling with us at the end of April!!!
thejafe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2010, 12:52 AM   #57
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejafe View Post
Lookin' good John! Now come out wheeling with us at the end of April!!!
I cried a little when I got that email, haha I ship out the 12th....

My Build Thread:
Unread 04-04-2010, 12:42 AM   #58
WtrHamer97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Great looking Jeep man. And good luck to you on your deployment
Unread 06-02-2010, 06:15 PM   #59
purplepig
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

good lookin Jeep!!
purplepig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2010, 10:14 PM   #60
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Update!

Alright so I am now stationed down in lovely oil filled Pensacola and am missing my Jeep greatly. Only a few nights before I left for basic training I had a slight mishap on the trails that left my jeep in sort of a bad way. Well anyway its been in the shop for the past couple of weeks, I got a good deal from the guy on everything but I'm also letting him take his time on it. Anyway nothing really is being changed except for this exciting part, because about half the Jeep was going to need repainting anyway I have decided to paint it flat black. I am very excited to finally get it back down here, Haha three months without my baby is too long.

Also I have a quick question, does anyone have any experience with a reputable car carrier because I am planning on having it shipped down here and would like to know of any you all have used and maybe a possible ballpark on how much I could be expecting to pay for a New York to Pensacola Florida delivery, thanks a lot guys hopefully ill have some pictures of the completed job soon.

My Build Thread:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.