A Visual Recap - Stock to Now - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > A Visual Recap - Stock to Now

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-24-2010, 06:22 PM   #31
olsont
1994 YJ Wrangler 

haha

olsont is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2010, 06:27 PM   #32
thejafe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm not sure what your budget is but IF you decide to go with 35's you are going to need to address the stock brakes (Vanco kit) steering (Currie Curretlync) and it'd be a good idea to swap out the 30 up front especially if you plan on locking it.

On top of that you are going to need a re-gear, plus you're now talking tube fenders as well. That's many, many thousands of dollars in parts and labor. Just so ya know .
thejafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2010, 06:28 PM   #33
olsont
1994 YJ Wrangler 

depends on how hard you wheel it
but yeah to b safe all those are good
olsont is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2010, 06:30 PM   #34
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejafe View Post
I'm not sure what your budget is but IF you decide to go with 35's you are going to need to address the stock brakes (Vanco kit) steering (Currie Curretlync) and it'd be a good idea to swap out the 30 up front especially if you plan on locking it.

On top of that you are going to need a re-gear, plus you're now talking tube fenders as well. That's many, many thousands of dollars in parts and labor. Just so ya know .
Why do you always feel the need to put me down.

Yea trust me I have my build all planned out and the short term (within the next year) is about 5k total for everything I want to do. I'm shipping to basic in April so my whole monetary situation is quickly going to change and my build should really take shape. I'm only going to cut up the stock fenders for the near future because I'm rubbing like crazy and my fenders are too messed up to resell anyway.

edit: and trust me I'm not planning on half assing anything...well except for my fenders for the next few months haha, but by this time next year, Andy, you better watch out because I'm pretty sure my TJ's gonna be able to walk all over yours, hahaha.

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/v...ck-now-908246/
0blcktj6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2010, 06:35 PM   #35
vmaxV61
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Nice lookin Jeep!!!
vmaxV61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2010, 06:35 PM   #36
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks man!

My Build Thread:
Unread 02-24-2010, 06:37 PM   #37
thejafe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0blcktj6 View Post
Why do you always feel the need to put me down.
Hehe, oh believe me I have and will continue to encourage you to build it up to the sky . Quite an ambitious build. I'd love to get there someday but with as much as I've put into running 33's that's probably as high as I'll go.
Unread 02-24-2010, 06:40 PM   #38
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejafe View Post
Hehe, oh believe me I have and will continue to encourage you to build it up to the sky . Quite an ambitious build. I'd love to get there someday but with as much as I've put into running 33's that's probably as high as I'll go.
Haha we'll see about that, correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you more or less already set up for 35's? I mean just shy of a Vanco kit....

Yea I am a very ambitious kind of guy , so we'll see how it turns out. I'm gonna need to learn quite a few skills along the way to get it where I want it but I'm pretty confident it will turn out well in the end, haha.

My Build Thread:
Unread 02-24-2010, 06:46 PM   #39
thejafe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0blcktj6 View Post
Haha we'll see about that, correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you more or less already set up for 35's? I mean just shy of a Vanco kit....
Hey! Don't encourage me!

Yeah, I'm pretty set for 35's with the exception of a D44 up front and the gears to comfortably run that size tire (and yes, the Vanco kit too).

I would definitely want to lock a 44 up front but the cost of the lockers + gears is prohibitive for me at this point. I guess when it's time for new tires we'll see where I'm at.

In the meantime I've been adding fun stuff like the Springtail Solutions M-PAC rack I just ordered this evening (in-depth writeup forthcoming) and next will be that ************* Co2 setup I've been drooling over forever.
Unread 02-24-2010, 06:49 PM   #40
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yea I've been itching for a Co2 setup and that rack looks awesome on the tailgate so I'm definitely interested to see that. Instead of the D44 we could both go hunting for HP30's and make a fun weekend out of installing them, haha.

My Build Thread:
Unread 02-26-2010, 01:38 PM   #41
wylderubicon
2002 TJ Wrangler 

hey, nice jeep, did u install the lift your self or did you have it done? of so where and how much? I'm looking for a reliable shop to have it installed. Thanks
wylderubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2010, 03:02 PM   #42
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wylderubicon View Post
hey, nice jeep, did u install the lift your self or did you have it done? of so where and how much? I'm looking for a reliable shop to have it installed. Thanks
Hey thanks. And as embarrassed as I am to say this I had it done. I would NOT recommend going that route, however. There are plenty of people in the area that would be more than happy to help you with the install for some pizza and maybe a few beers. Labor costs so much and it is nothing you couldn't handle in a weekend. However, if you really want to let a shop do it I had mine done at EVB (extreme vehicle builders), just run a search and you'll find their website. I did not have the best experience with them but yours might differ.

My Build Thread:
Unread 02-26-2010, 03:23 PM   #43
wylderubicon
2002 TJ Wrangler 

ok, I'll look them up.. Time is very valuable to me with 2 small kids at home, I can't spend 5 plus hours by my self in hte garage. what was so bad about your experience? was the lift installed properly?
wylderubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2010, 07:23 PM   #44
AER2007
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Is that Old Florida Road in the second post, going through the water? If not it looks very similar

[QUOTE=ageorgakis;8342820]No, I wasn't being comical. I'm being perfectly honest. I don't have any dyno tests. But you can FEEL the difference![/QUOTE]
AER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2010, 07:45 AM   #45
dgi
2000 TJ Wrangler 

love the OME setup with the 33"s... thats exactly what i'm throwing on mine at the end of the summer (or mid winter). Cant wait to sit a little higher. Looks very capable off road and love the look of the tube doors. Still trying to track down an OEM half door setup for mine.
dgi is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.