Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

A Visual Recap - Stock to Now

36K views 121 replies 41 participants last post by  midnight_f150 
#1 ·
Well this isn't really a build thread, I was just looking on my computer and found some pictures of my Jeep before I lifted it and it made be chuckle, it looks so small! Hard to believe it once looked like this!

Her First Time Flexing:

Her First Time Doorless:

Offroading For The First Time (Not anything real, could do everything in 2wd):

I Got Some Sweet KC Lights For The Windshield, Let The Mods Begin!:

A Little Nighttime Wheeling Session (came so close to getting stuck):

Took Some Pictures Of Her Right Before The Lift, Some Stock Flexing For Ya'!:

She's Home! 2.5" OME, 1" BL, and some 33x12.50x15's! I Was The Happiest Person Alive:

A Random Photo Session:

I Hadn't Yet Been Offroad To Test Her Out So I Improvised With A Little Driveway Flexing...Again:

I Got A Little Tired Of Having My Spare Hang Off The Tailgate So I Removed The Entire Setup And Threw The Spare In The Back, I Am Starting To Miss This Look, There's Just Something About It....:

If You Notice In The Picture Above I Seem To Have Lost A Fog Light. Well That Happened While Trying To Pull My Friend Out, There Was Literally No Angle To Pull Him From And The Tow Strap Broke My Fog Light Off. Eventually A Backhoe Had To Come Pull Him Out:

See less See more
#2 ·
Continued:

Since then I have added a few things here and there and most can be seen in the next set of pictures of some different offroading trips I've gone on. The list includes:

Skidrow Engine Skid
Kilby Steering Box Skid
LoD Rear Bumper/Swingaway
PSC Trail Stinger
Shrockworks Rocker Guards
Painted my hubs (no center caps)
LED Lights in my gauge cluster
Unknown brand seat covers
Olympic 4x4 Tube Doors

Alright so here are some pictures of various offroading adventures, she performs amazing well on trails and while there are definitely a lot more on the to-do list I am very satisfied:

Hope you all enjoyed this little bit of my Jeeps history, if you have any questions feel free to ask!

John

#3 ·
Yeah man, I always liked the looks of your Jeep. Thanks for responding to my thread a while back. You convinced me to go white letters out. I love the way it breaks up the ALL black look of which I was getting tired of.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

#5 ·
Nice looking jeep man.

How are you liking the 2.5'' OME & 1''BL/MML, that is exactly what I think i want.

any issues with it so far?
Do you wish you went a bigger lift?
Did you have to do a SYE & CV drive shaft? Or just a transfer case skid drop?

Whats next on the list?

#7 ·
No regrets whatsoever on the kit. I knew from the start that I wanted to keep my Jeep relatively low so I went with a good kit the first time.

I am currently running 2 washers as spacers to cure the vibes which has worked very well for the time being but I plan on doing a TT so I will then upgrade to the SYE.

Next on my list if some tube fenders. My end goal is to be able to run 35's on this lift with a good set of CA's and a TT. :thumbsup:

#20 ·
I would still reconsider the gears... at 5.13 gear, with 35" tires, stock transfer case and .69:1 overdrive... at 2200-2250 rpm youd barely be going 65. at 70 youd be at 2400rpm. with 4.56 gears youd be down to 2000 rpm at 65 and 2100 rpm at 70. Just throwing some numbers at ya, but at 4.56 gears youd be closer to stock and 4.88 would probably be my choice, and at 4.88 you wouldnt need to replace the front axle.

#25 ·
Well I would like to do an axle sway anyway so I till think 5.13's are where I want to be. I'm sure a D30 could hold up fine to 35's but I don't personally want to regear my D30 once only to decide later that I want 37's and need to upgrade my axle and regear possibly again. I would simply like to do it all at once. Or I could get lazy and just do 4.88's haha.

#26 ·
BUMP!!

Who thinks I should hack my stock fenders to bits since they are a mess anyways, I could use the clearance, and I'm upgrading to tubes in the "near" future?

(Look at AlTheKiller's and Kenbo-Slice's threads to get an idea what I'm talking about)

#32 ·
I'm not sure what your budget is but IF you decide to go with 35's you are going to need to address the stock brakes (Vanco kit) steering (Currie Curretlync) and it'd be a good idea to swap out the 30 up front especially if you plan on locking it.

On top of that you are going to need a re-gear, plus you're now talking tube fenders as well. That's many, many thousands of dollars in parts and labor. Just so ya know :cool: .

#34 ·
Why do you always feel the need to put me down. :rofl:

Yea trust me I have my build all planned out and the short term (within the next year) is about 5k total for everything I want to do. I'm shipping to basic in April so my whole monetary situation is quickly going to change and my build should really take shape. I'm only going to cut up the stock fenders for the near future because I'm rubbing like crazy and my fenders are too messed up to resell anyway. :thumbsup:

edit: and trust me I'm not planning on half assing anything...well except for my fenders for the next few months haha, but by this time next year, Andy, you better watch out because I'm pretty sure my TJ's gonna be able to walk all over yours, hahaha.

#40 ·
Yea I've been itching for a Co2 setup and that rack looks awesome on the tailgate so I'm definitely interested to see that. Instead of the D44 we could both go hunting for HP30's and make a fun weekend out of installing them, haha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.