Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

The Velorium Camper Build

195K views 1K replies 122 participants last post by  AlTheKillerr 
#1 · (Edited)
I deleted my build thread a while ago just because I didnt have anything to update it with and have since done things. Im bored so Im making a new one.

here she is back when she was a stocker on 31s:

I added on some aux lights and a highlift jack (yeah i know its upside down)

I then ordered some Rockcrusher Diff covers:

up next came the Aussie locker:

then the 3" Full Traction lift came in along with my BL and BMML:

after the 3" lift and before the BL/MML with 31s:

See less See more
#4 ·
Up next was the Super 35 with 4:11 gears, Auburn ECTED locker, 30 spline chromo shafts:

took her wheelin again:
(geared for 33s and running 31s. i was doing about 60-65)

Up next was some new wheels for 33s:

#8 ·
then just this past week had the tranny rebuilt, front and rear pinion seals replaced, front and rear diffs drained and re filled, and an oil seal replaced all for $421!!

Shes running perfect now and up next will be rock sliders and a rear bumper/tire carrier so I can run a full size spare

:cheers2:

#11 ·
thank you :kiss:

Nice title. Sweet Jeep. :laugh:

Dont be suprised if some fat chick scrapes your jeep with some sort of eating utensil, after she saw that sticker. :rofl:
ive had it for a year now and have yet to have an encounter of any kind. most people know its a joke and laugh it off or they just turn their nose up and go the other way. once i get my rock sliders im not sure what im going to do though. i may just leave it off or maybe get a new set of stickers :dunno:

#12 ·
Nice build-up so far. I've seen the fat chicks sticker before but huge on the whole back window of a lifted ranger. I believe that one said "Lift It, Fat Chicks Cant Jump". Kinda funny unless your hard up for a chicks company, if you know what I mean. Then the jokes on you.:thumbsup:

#17 ·
Sweet looking TJ. How the hell did you get all that done for $421? Does a buddy own the shop?

You better steer clear of fat chicks. They might throw a cheeseburger on it.
he works at the jeep dealership so he can use his bay whenever and he can get parts for dealership prices. he did most of the work since ive been really swamped with the end of the semester so i didnt get to help out as much as i wanted to. he'll be treated to a fat BBQ dinner and all the beer he can drink

How did you derust and repaint your stuff underneath like gas tank skid? How is it holding up/ what type of paint did you use? My skid is looking pretty rusty...
i derusted using naval jelly (i didnt have alot to begin with, i was just tired of it looking brown in spots) then i hit it with rustoleum flat black from a rattle can. on the exhaust i used high heat header paint.

#15 ·
How did you derust and repaint your stuff underneath like gas tank skid? How is it holding up/ what type of paint did you use? My skid is looking pretty rusty...

#20 ·
yeah i was. everything except the BL and MML was on before i left colorado for good.
-----------------------------------

ill dig out the wheelin pics a little later. if you really want you can go through the tj wheelin pics thread and find them

#21 ·
well im having some starting issues at the moment and im not sure why but other than that the tranny rebuild seems to have been a success. it leaks in one spot just a tiny bit but i dont think its much to worry about. ill get it fixed when i get back from my trip to Wisconsin

#29 ·
:laugh: thats cool. they are currently building some new dorms and all kinda of crazy stuff. of course this is after i left there so i havent been able to see it all.

so it seems i keep finding something else other than my jeep to spend my money on so there havent been any real changes lately. i have a small oil leak which isnt a big problem and will be fixed shortly. i also got a CEL again and it turns out i have to replace my cam sensor which doesnt seem to be a hard thing to do either. on the 15th ill be going out to long ranch to do some wheelin so ill try and snag some cool pics but most likely i will be to busy driving to really care about pics

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.