USMC 5.9 Hemi build. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > USMC 5.9 Hemi build.

Rancho Shocktober is here for fall 2015!!!!You Pick the Size and Style of Lift Kit. We will Find you FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 08-02-2015, 09:51 AM   #1
Devilnutzusmc
2002 TJ Wrangler 

USMC 5.9 Hemi build.

I have begun my very lengthy build. It is going to take me some time so I figured why not ask for CONSTRUCTIVE criticism from the Jeep family.
I am building this as a tribute to my time in the Marine Corps and all the Marines protecting our freedom. So here is my build list

image-2715042840.jpg

2001 TJ ( 4 cyl) with 4" lift and 2" body on 36" tires. (I know how stupid this was now). You do not d I've a Jeep like this it drives yo...into every rut that the big rigs have made. Lol

I would like to say that NC had the most ridiculous laws and I am going to make this build street legal. (Please be gentle with the comments)

I have now have a 2003 Dodge Ram 5.9L Magnum engine transmission and transfer case with the wiring harness and computer. I will be sending out my wiring harness for the jeep and the Magnum to HotWire so the computer can be reflashed and the Jeep relay box modified to accept the additional relays and wiring needed. I had to ensure that I used the correct year model for nine because Dodge used two different types of programming. You can find the link here to cross over the correct years. http://www.hotwireauto.com/?page=mopar-eng
http://www.hotwireauto.com/?page=mopar-eng
This was a huge help since I have already purchased the wrong set up and that was a huge waste of time.

image-3371168877.jpg

I purchased my mounting kit from advanced adapters. I am thinking about fabricating my own transmission mounts but I need to do some research and see what is out there.

image-528284042.jpg

I have also purchased a match set of 2003 F250 Dana 60 axles. I have just purchased a bunch of goodies for this and I will post them here shortly. I just started clearing the axle to fit the axle trust in an effort to fit the axle truss and mounts on. I purchased a 6" Long arm kit from Rusty's to go on. I will update more later. Le

Unread 08-03-2015, 12:36 PM   #2
Devilnutzusmc
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Here is a paint scheme that my buddy just did on his Integra, why we will never know. It is pretty awesome though to be paint and not vinyl. I am going to add some olive drab green in there. What does anyone think for this paint scheme?

image-3828983502.jpg
Unread 08-03-2015, 01:29 PM   #3
Thejarhead
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Subscribed, gonna watch this one. I like the paint scheme. Semper Fi
Thejarhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2015, 04:39 AM   #4
doublins

1998 TJ Wrangler 

First off- good choice- I have a 5.9(360) Magnum that I stroked to 6.7 (408) and dropped into my TJ, and I love it.

That said, make sure you know what engine you have- The Magnum and the Hemi are two different engine series. The current hemi series began as a 5.7 and was released in some 2003 model year Dodge vehicles. The Magnum was a re-design of the old Chrysler LA block engines, and had a production run from the early 90s up through 2003.

Take a picture of the engine, or post up the serial # on the side of the block so we can figure out exactly what you have. it's either a 5.9 Magnum or a 5.7 Hemi, but it's really important to know which one obviously.

Edit: Nevermind, you definitely have a Magnum, I just saw the picture in your post of the engine mounted in the engine bay, and there's no doubt about it. That's good, because it's an easy swap, but just for the sake of correctness it's a completely different engine from the Hemi motor.

My Magnum V8 Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...rings-1516649/
doublins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2015, 10:50 PM   #5
IRQVET
1967 CJ5 

Why not an M38a1 build for a tribute Jeep? I only ask because I've considered doing a tribute build myself.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.