USAF01 Sahara's Build - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > USAF01 Sahara's Build

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-27-2010, 08:57 AM   #46
01blackout
2000 XJ Cherokee 

i noticed on your build sheet it says you have rack and pinion steering lol pretty sure all jeeps have the worm gear steering still lol someone correct me if im wrong but im almost 90% positive im right here lol

Unread 09-27-2010, 04:03 PM   #47
Cameron1863
2000 TJ Wrangler 

From Allpar
"The 2007 Jeep Wrangler’s new recirculating-ball steering configuration features a robust cross-car steering linkage system, providing the stiffest possible steering linkage in a solid-axle vehicle, for a precise “rack-and-pinion” feel.Read more at http://www.allpar.com/model/jeep/wrangler.html"
Unread 09-29-2010, 03:43 PM   #48
USAFRecon

Small update as I am slowly gettin this thing done.
Put it up on jackstands so I can work on it a bit easier.
As you can see painted the knuckles silver and painted the axle with the Eastwoods chassis paint as well as the tie rod, drag link and track bar. Still need to paint pass side knuckle silver.

Got the front diff tore down axle shafts out ready to be re geared by one of my Dad's coworkers.

Put the real spare on the back of it

It's flying!
USAFRecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2010, 11:47 AM   #49
USAFRecon

Nother update guys!

Got the other knuckle painted silver, and did the regear today. What sucked was I didn't know that I needed a 3.73 up carrier for this regear. My TJ came factory 3.07. So in the middle of the regear the guy I had doin it put all shims on one side and then said the carrier was too small. I said oh crap. Well he called a friend who has a bunch of Jeep stuff lyin around and lucky me! He had a carrier out of a 4Cyl Wrangler with 4.10s on it already. So we went and got the carrier and threw my new ring on it, shimmed it up and it is perfect now!

Put the Rubicon Express stickers down the hood

My To-Do list

Got the AtoZ sliders on

And that is it for now.

Still to go:
-Get Centric Rotors and EBC Greenstuff pads for the front, then bleed the brakes,
-Get a driveshaft made for the rear, I have a local company in mind
-Rough Country has the most inexpensive extended brake lines I have found so I will get those
-Tires balanced
-Later on I will get upper control arms from Rubicon Express to replace the factory uppers since they did not come or are included in the RE Long Arm Upgrade

Keep checkin back for updates!
Unread 11-21-2010, 08:16 AM   #50
JEEP4x20
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Cant wait to see her all finished up
JEEP4x20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2010, 09:54 AM   #51
USAFRecon

Well she is done (for now) i drove her round yesterday. Speedometer is inop but who cares Here is some pitchers for you to to:

I needs another Nightcrew sticker to go opposite of the JF sticker...

See the Riddler? And I painted the knuckles silver just because

Side shot. I am tryin somethin at the moment. Long Arm rear and Short arm front. This thing doesn't ride like a Jeep anymore, its actually quite comfy

Rear Riddler

AtoZ Slider

Like how I did the antenna?

Stay tuned for some wheelin' pics.
Unread 11-25-2010, 10:24 AM   #52
USAFRecon

Oh and just a comparison

Stockish:

Now:
Unread 11-25-2010, 01:55 PM   #53
USAFRecon

Oh and my new driveshaft
$300 from Fleet Pride
Unread 12-02-2010, 02:27 PM   #54
DezertTJ
Lost

2006 LJ Wrangler 

mkay so i have a question

why dont you just finish up the long arm front since you have the re skid plate, which has the brackets for the arms

otherwise it all looks good
Unread 12-02-2010, 03:03 PM   #55
Talon38
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Why your doing all that painting you might want to paint that chrome grill. IMO it would look much better.
Talon38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2010, 02:38 PM   #56
USAFRecon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezertTJ View Post
mkay so i have a question

why dont you just finish up the long arm front since you have the re skid plate, which has the brackets for the arms

otherwise it all looks good
Thanks for the compliments I'm gonna wait til I have a bit more downtime to do it. I'm alright with it for now. Maybe XMas I will do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon38 View Post
Why your doing all that painting you might want to paint that chrome grill. IMO it would look much better.
To each his own, I wanted a chrome grille and there is no reason to paint it. Looks real good IMO.

Other than that she is done, just a few odds n ends needed done to make it really right. I got a U Joint going I think, some kinda sqealing/grinding noise from the front. Rear pinion is leaking on the D30 even though I just rebuilt it, and it is drinkin gas faster than I can put it in So I have an idea and I want it done by this summer. I am gonna put a 700R4 in place of the 32RH so I have a bit better MPGs. Gonna do an alignment on it after I get the front long arms done. Just need to get it done. Should take half a day at the most, may do it during my 7 days off for XMas Keep lookin back for some wheelin pics
Got some poser in the parkin lot pics enjoy!

And I got my CB put back in it, just need to get it fine tuned. Love me some Sun Chips

Ha it says deer
Unread 07-25-2012, 01:47 AM   #57
USAFRecon

Dang I miss this rig

Wish I could find it
Unread 06-28-2013, 04:46 PM   #58
USAFRecon

Found where it is, now gotta find out who! Gotta hire a PI to find that last part out. Look out, she might be coming back...

Maybe someone here has it?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.