USAF01 Sahara's Build - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > USAF01 Sahara's Build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 05-21-2010, 10:01 AM   #31
USAFRecon

So what next? Should I chromo my D30? Just so you guys know: 8.8 Rear LSD 4.10s Discs, D30 Front 4.10s, 32RH, RC 4'' Short Arm upgrade soon to RE long arms retaining the RC Springs, Skyjacker 6'' Shocks, SYE on the 231 soon, need to get a Tom Woods DS which at this moment is my only thing. I have coil spring spacers which are comin out as soon as I get Stateside. Oh boy cannot wait

USAFRecon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2010, 01:13 PM   #32
442Wrangler
In like Flynn.

2008 JK Wrangler 

sit tight and drive it a little...that should be what's next.

1998 TJ Sahara Sold
-3.25" RC spring lift, Eagle alloys 125s, 33x12.5x15 Cooper STTs, XRC8 winch with stock bumper mount

1994 YJ SE Sold
-4" RC spring lift, 33x12.5x15 Firestone M/Ts, Eagle alloys 125, and a 4 cylinder to boot

1960 Willys Wagon
-Going to be restored and painted Omaha Orange

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."
-Steve McQueen

Male RN Jeep Club #1
442Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2010, 08:25 PM   #33
USAFRecon

Well one thing I will be doin is EBC Rotors and EBC Yellowstuff pads. These 35s are gonna eat those stock brakes so gotta get something to stop it.
Unread 06-12-2010, 02:35 PM   #34
USAFRecon

So at last I have some pics of what my new wheels looks like

And for good measure the Claws

Well looks like I'm gonna be busy come September.

RE Long Arms goin under, the 8.8 is goin under it, new rotors and pads up front, SYE is gonna be done, Tom Woods shafts front and rear, brake lines front and rear, maybe a Gen Right bolt on stinger, and a regear for the front D30 with maybe an Aussie to go in it since I have an LSD in the rear. Its gonna be sexy. And I do not at this time plan on tubes. Just gonna run it like it is. See yall then
Unread 07-07-2010, 08:22 AM   #35
USAFRecon

So some pics of the 8.8. And yep opening the diff cover reveals it is a LSD

Anybody see anything wrong? I don't know too much bout diffs. I do know I need to put Ford LSD additive in there.

The heck is that? V Looks like a flywheel but duh I know there ain't one in a diff.

Got the winch and chrome grille put back on. Need to get those KCs back on the front now.

Unread 08-12-2010, 03:10 PM   #36
USAFRecon

So lets get some updates goin. All credit goes to my Dad. He is bored and there are parts stacked up in boxes in the garage. He is retired with nothing to do. Here goes.

The garage he is workin out of:

So far he has gotten the skid plate started for the RE Long Arm to go under it. Old one out and free to a good home. It has only been leaked on once. Oh and you see the chrome steps? Free to a good home as well. And yea that little square tubing is a TC skid plate drop. Free as well

New skid being started.

SYE time!

Done with that

And I got me some Riddlers for the front and rear!

And just cause I am a picture whore
Unread 08-12-2010, 03:25 PM   #37
Apocalypse
2008 JK Wrangler 

Referring to the pic of it sitting in the garage in the last post: Unless your tires are turned a good bit, it looks like you need an adj trackbar. That axle looks like it is kicked way over on the driver side yo! May just be the angle of the pic though... Nice work regardless
Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2010, 03:58 PM   #38
USAFRecon

Suggestions on a good adjustable track bar? I wanna fix it but dunno how. Talkin to Mikey he says since my control arms are adjustable no worries with the trackbar but I will be doin this to it soon:

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/product...umber=18050.82

Last edited by USAFRecon; 08-12-2010 at 04:08 PM..
Unread 08-12-2010, 04:28 PM   #39
Apocalypse
2008 JK Wrangler 

I have heard JKS ones fit well., I would see what is available for your lift height and check the review section of this site. When you mock it up note whether it will clear the front diff cover when the suspension articulates otherwise that could be a bad day on the trail. Another option is to relocate your track bar mount that's on the axle. One particular argument Against adj track bars is that with higher lift heights it is centered while sitting flat but way off center while flexed due to the way an adj track bar works
Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2010, 04:33 PM   #40
USAFRecon

Updates!

Pass side plate on

Tires mounted, looks alot better than I thought it would

16 days and I will be home to do some of the work myself
Unread 09-02-2010, 04:39 PM   #41
SaxManClay
2000 TJ Wrangler 

That LSD in the 8.8 looks good! I'm gonna bring my Jeep over to your Dad as well, seeing as he has nothing else to do.

Update: I read the first page. The 3-piece mango tango hard top is well, a hard top. Did you not get one when you bought the Jeep?

Last edited by SaxManClay; 09-02-2010 at 04:46 PM.. Reason: more info
SaxManClay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2010, 06:15 PM   #42
USAFRecon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxManClay View Post
That LSD in the 8.8 looks good! I'm gonna bring my Jeep over to your Dad as well, seeing as he has nothing else to do.

Update: I read the first page. The 3-piece mango tango hard top is well, a hard top. Did you not get one when you bought the Jeep?
Yea if you see the first page I bought this thing with a Hardtop, then I went half doors with soft uppers, then said "This looks dumb" found a softtop sold the hardtop, then bought the correct color softtop. I got the black softtop in the trade with the hardtop but all I wanted outta that deal was the frame since there is nowhere to buy one. I'll let my Dad know you are droppin your Heep off to him. His labor ain't cheap though
Unread 09-25-2010, 09:06 PM   #43
USAFRecon

Lets get it on!!! UPDATES!!!!!
So I have got the 8.8 in, rear long arm done, rear brake lines made from scratch, new discs, calipers and pads, and a Riddler diff cover. Painted the whole axle with Eastwood's chassis paint.

The long arms put in place and dang did that top one on the driver side put me trough hell. The instructions said for the lowers to be at 32 5/8'' and we put em at 33 just to push the axle back a bit. For the uppers it said 33 5/8'' and we put em at 34. Pushed it back a tad.

Then I was lookin at my crusty white shocks and decided to painted the shocks silver cause I got way way too much paint for the diff covers.

Puttin the Riddler on and torquing the bolts to 20 ft lbs.

Rear brake lines.. Starts at the hard line from the Jeep into the supplied flex line that has a T on the end of it. From there it goes to either side as a hard line then at the calipers goes to a rubber line where it meets the caliper.

Lookin at the bottom of the tub...

Goes to the axle where it T's off and don't laugh at how they are permanently attached to the axle

The discs on the rear

Tires on it ready for the front to be done! My plans for the rear axle is to find me a Ford Exploder and pull the front CV driveshaft have it shortened to the 20'' from my center line of the SYE yoke to the flat flange of the 8.8 and get this to go on the flat flange: 8.8 1310 Conversion Yoke Kit [2-2-1379] - $39.99 : Mad 4 Wheel Drive

And here you can see the AtoZ rocker mocked up. The tires are hangin out quite a bit even on Sahara flares And that tire is sittin real pretty nice and centered in the wheel well

Like the spare?

Unread 09-25-2010, 09:43 PM   #44
TehWicked

Call me crazy, but I dont think that doughnut for a spare will get you home...Just an observation though, it gave me a slight chuckle when I seen it.
TehWicked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2010, 09:57 PM   #45
USAFRecon

Nah I put a fullsized spare back there I just did that for grins

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.