The Unemployed / Waiting to Start Work Build - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Unemployed / Waiting to Start Work Build

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 05-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #76
cfmiller58
1997 TJ Wrangler 

My new shop chair.

A friend of mine gave me some casters he had found in his house when he moved in. I grabbed some extra stuff I had laying around and put the seat together. After I was done I saw my extension cord laying there and figured I needed a place for it. So I just added a spot for it on the back; I need to get a better hook though.

2012-05-30_11-37-58_382.jpg  

The Build
cfmiller58 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2012, 04:56 PM   #77
cfmiller58
1997 TJ Wrangler 

and while i was hoping to spend my money on making something cool like rock sliders, i get to spend some time/money replacing this rear axle bearing/seal. at least i get to use my new seat!
2012-05-30_11-58-28_201.jpg  

The Build
Unread 06-05-2012, 09:49 AM   #78
cfmiller58
1997 TJ Wrangler 

finally got around to pulling this shaft and seeing what was up. many thanks to MrBlaine, as i had a few questions about the assembly. i talked with him for a few minutes and really appreciate his time.

everything actually looked ok but there was a lot of grease around the seal which could have been causing the leak. i cleaned everything up on all surfaces and applied a light coat of rtv as suggested by MrBlaine. we'll see how it works and if it's still leaking, i have the new assembly to replace the old. trying to save 70 bucks, shops around here charge an arm and a leg to press the new bearings on. i still need to shop around in case i have to replace it yet.
2012-06-05_10-24-19_917.jpg  

The Build
Unread 06-05-2012, 09:56 AM   #79
cfmiller58
1997 TJ Wrangler 

ive had this raptor liner kit sitting at my dad's house for a while now. i need to get this put in, i mean it's already paid for, and would only be a good addition to the jeep. ill see if i can get it sprayed in over the next few days with the help of a friend's air compressor.
1338907990040.jpg  

The Build
Unread 06-05-2012, 10:14 AM   #80
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

If your thinking of a cage at any time in the near future , hold off on the liner . I wish I had gotten my cage in before the Line X went in . Imagine little welding boogers and sparks making craters all over your liner .
Unread 06-05-2012, 11:10 AM   #81
cfmiller58
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
If your thinking of a cage at any time in the near future , hold off on the liner . I wish I had gotten my cage in before the Line X went in . Imagine little welding boogers and sparks making craters all over your liner .
thats a really good thought. while that will probably be in the future sometime, it probably wont happen for a few years. the jeep is still my daily driver and for what i'm calling "stage 2" of my build, i will probably be looking at those types of things. that'll happen when i get another car, im i'll try to pay down a ton of student loan debt until i get something else. though any idea how long raptor liner lasts on the shelf? i may just save it with that thought in mind.

The Build
Unread 06-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #82
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I dont know about Raptor , but I do know that Herculiner is only good for one year . As to the cage , sooner than later is better . At least get some A pillars in .
Unread 06-07-2012, 10:47 AM   #83
cfmiller58
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i've got all of the rear seat belts and seat brackets torn out of the jeep, so i havent decided yet if i'm going to put the liner in. beaseley makes some really good points, but i feel i would get more out of the liner right now. the things i see in the woods honestly dont require a cage, in the future yes, but i purposely avoid those things right now until i get another vehicle. right now this is still my "ultimate" hunting/fishing/daily driver vehicle. ill have to see if i have time before i move to spray it in though.

i did finish up some frame tie ins though.

i am most likely going to end this portion of the thread/build soon as i start work in a couple weeks and i'll no longer be able to call it the unemployed build thread. ill try to think of a better name when i start up again.
1338481961482.jpg   1338482440438.jpg   1339080455493.jpg   1339081758957.jpg  

The Build
Unread 06-09-2012, 09:36 PM   #84
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The tie ins turned out nice , and congrats on the job !

Maybe you could get the title changed by a moderator so that you can keep your build thread continuous ?
Unread 06-11-2012, 07:57 AM   #85
cfmiller58
1997 TJ Wrangler 

thanks beasely. the welding came a long way over the course of the project. i wish i could keep going on other projects, im moving here at the end of the week, and the new apt im moving too wont allow me to get as deep into these types of projects. ill have to ask the moderator on this part of the forum, id like to just make a link to get anyone directly to stage 2 when it starts.

The Build
Unread 06-11-2012, 08:47 AM   #86
hallsofstone
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Nicely done on the frame tie-ins. One of my upcoming projects and I may have to copy your design. My parents are down there near Townsend right now at a spectacular cabin called Agali Ridge. I stayed up there with them for 10 days after my first shoulder surgery a couple years ago. Dad sent me this picture first thing in the morning today:

http://secure.townsendviewcabinrenta...E&Wrapper=main

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."
H. L. Mencken - US editor (1880 - 1956)

K.C.C.O. [url]www.thechive.com[/url]
hallsofstone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2012, 11:05 AM   #87
cfmiller58
1997 TJ Wrangler 

what a great view.....i love those cabins up there and would love to get one someday. the only thing that could be better is if it snowed more in east tennessee!

thanks for the comments on the tie ins.

The Build
Unread 11-22-2012, 12:17 PM   #88
cfmiller58
1997 TJ Wrangler 

so i moved to CT and we had our first snow storm a week ago (or something like that). Before installing the aussie, i read countless threads on why aussies do not perform that well in the snow and could potentially lead to unwanted steering effects. the performance of the aussie was amazing. i was going up snow covered hills (pretty serious inclines where i'm at) with no problems. in fact most people going home from work were walking up the hills or just sitting at the bottom while i continued. of course i kept the other comments in mind, and it performed similarly to how its performed in mud, with slight oversteering. other than that, i couldnt recommend it more. next storm i will try and get some pics or a video.

The Build
Unread 11-22-2012, 12:20 PM   #89
noodles5124

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfmiller58
so i moved to CT and we had our first snow storm a week ago (or something like that). Before installing the aussie, i read countless threads on why aussies do not perform that well in the snow and could potentially lead to unwanted steering effects. the performance of the aussie was amazing. i was going up snow covered hills (pretty serious inclines where i'm at) with no problems. in fact most people going home from work were walking up the hills or just sitting at the bottom while i continued. of course i kept the other comments in mind, and it performed similarly to how its performed in mud, with slight oversteering. other than that, i couldnt recommend it more. next storm i will try and get some pics or a video.
Where in ct did you move to
noodles5124 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2012, 09:59 PM   #90
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles5124 View Post
Where in ct did you move to
X2 I am up there working all the time . Nice country , lots of taxes and laws .

Tags
custom bumper , novak , ucf uhc

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.