Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: from the land of pleasant living
troutfest went pretty well this weekend. even got to small mouth fish, but no luck. we didnt get to fish very long and there were a lot of tubers out.
i didnt get to work much on the bumper all weekend, though i was able to finish up one of the d-ring mounts. i put the last one in the morning and painted it. i primed it with a light coat of rustoleum black and then used a rustoleum bed liner over top. i think the finish came out pretty well, and it should be easy to touch up. i wasnt sure how much paint to buy, i only bought one can and that was plenty.
in the last picture it looks like the bumper is a lot wider than the jeep. its not. its only 3/16's wider at each end. which just happened to be the width of the plate i used to cap the ends. if i could go back again i would shorten it to body width.