Ugly Betty - TJ Magnum V8 Conversion and more - Page 35 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Ugly Betty - TJ Magnum V8 Conversion and more

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Coil Spring Options from Ruffstuff!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 04-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #511
milemarker01
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Took the jeep out today for the first time since the swap. I still have have a huge grin. I think i need a SYE even with the 2"BB, i have vibs like crazy. I used the stock dodge tranny mount and it pushes my drive line into a pretty steep angle. I am going to modify it tonight. I don't really want a SYE till I know which axles are going under it. I think I will be stuck using the HP 44 as a 60 seems to be too hard to find... lots of mud boggers in the area so most are spoken for. As for the rear hmmm 60, 70 or 14bolt... i'm getting to the point that there are too many options and it's starting to take the fun out of it. Long story short, thanks for the thread I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have done it t otherwise, and I am sure happy with the results. Cheers.

milemarker01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2013, 07:33 PM   #512
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Hey thanks. Glad you found it useful. I appreciate the update because I've been a bit sidetracked lately from my project and have had none myself.

My drivetrain ended up only shortening my DS by 1", so no SYE for now, but I'm also on zero lift.

I think the 3/4 ton HP44 is a reasonable option. D60s are expensive and hard to find. Have you looked into ECGS? They might have some options, but I don't know if shipping is a challenge for you in the frosty north?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 03:41 PM   #513
tofuzeppelin

2001 TJ Wrangler 

How have I never clicked on this thread before, Good work and I totally feel ya on keeping one for good and one for fun..

WTB TJ hard top, let me know what cha got
tofuzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 04:58 PM   #514
Rubicon0311
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I thought this build was dead

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f325/what-did-you-do-your-xj-mj-tj-zj-wj-wk-lj-jk-thread-1289204/"][B]Michigan BS Thread[/B][/URL]
Rubicon0311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 05:41 PM   #515
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofuzeppelin View Post
How have I never clicked on this thread before, Good work and I totally feel ya on keeping one for good and one for fun..
I haven't updated in a while because I got caught up with some other projects and work on this Jeep has slowed down. I have been driving it on occasion, and it's performed just fine. No real issues to report, except the gas tank spits gas out from underneath when I fill it.

In addition to being stupid busy with my 9-5, I've been working on my own on off-hours and weekends, which has basically amounted to another job. Not complaining because money is nice, but my personal projects have taken a back seat to customer projects. It's starting to warm up around here (finally) and I have a few projects around the house to catch up on as well.

After all that, I do like to go out an wheel a little. I got my 2005 out yesterday and ran some two-tracks, which was necessary for my mental health. It's hard to keep building if you don't get an occasional reminder of the end result.

I've been stripping down the donor Ram, and admittedly the parts are not selling as fast as I would like them to. I basically gutted the interior and posted on my local boards and CL. If I don't get more sold soon, it's off to Ebay with the parts. I'm going to scrap the skeleton truck very soon because I need the parking in my driveway.

I did begin some work on Betty today. I'll post updates as appropriate, but I've cleared out my backlog enough that I can start working on the ol' girl again. Don't expect fast and furious updates like during the winter, but there should be some new and mildly entertaining things coming soon.

This is the start of Ugly Betty Phase 2, where I get into slapping some big tires on, making the clearance for them, and making all the pieces work in concert together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311 View Post
I thought this build was dead
You know what has been going on. So you sir, can kindly bite me, if you please.

Quote:
Unread 04-28-2013, 08:06 PM   #516
Rubicon0311
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
You know what has been going on. So you sir, can kindly bite me, if you please.

I missed you by about an hour yesterday, I went out to Jakes for a bit.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f325/what-did-you-do-your-xj-mj-tj-zj-wj-wk-lj-jk-thread-1289204/"][B]Michigan BS Thread[/B][/URL]
Unread 04-28-2013, 08:10 PM   #517
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311 View Post

I missed you by about an hour yesterday, I went out to Jakes for a bit.
We had a good time. I tried to get Sarah to come out to Jake's to hang out for a bit, but she wouldn't so I headed home.

Quote:
Unread 04-28-2013, 08:12 PM   #518
Rubicon0311
2005 TJ Wrangler 

There will be plenty of time this summer to do it again, I'm sure we can arrange another meet-up.

Unread 04-28-2013, 08:20 PM   #519
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

After this LONG winter, I'm so ****ing game. I have that big fire pit in my back yard.

We are going to do some camping this summer up north. I scouted a few spots while we were out at Yankee too.

Quote:
Unread 04-28-2013, 08:52 PM   #520
Rubicon0311
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
After this LONG winter, I'm so ****ing game. I have that big fire pit in my back yard.

We are going to do some camping this summer up north. I scouted a few spots while we were out at Yankee too.
You guys should look at Wooded Acres Campground in Houghton Lake. Thats where my fifth wheel is parked year round. Should take a weekend and camp there and we can hit up Rocks and Valleys.

Unread 04-28-2013, 08:58 PM   #521
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

We can do that. Looks a little fancier than we usually do.

Quote:
Unread 04-28-2013, 08:59 PM   #522
Rubicon0311
2005 TJ Wrangler 

There are a lot of seasonal people up there, including us. Quiet campground. The owner makes sure that it isn't a "party" campground. There are rustic spots all around.

Unread 04-28-2013, 09:07 PM   #523
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

My aunt has a 5th wheel in a spot like that. Mostly seasonal people at her park. Not sure I've ever seen rustic campers there?

What's good wheeling over there? How far away is R&V?

Quote:
Unread 04-28-2013, 09:11 PM   #524
Rubicon0311
2005 TJ Wrangler 

R&V is about 25 mins(give or take) south of there. As for other trails, they are all over, the whole Leota area has trails, and so does Denton. All seasonal roads and legal. ORV sticker required. You can pretty much drive 10 mins in either direction from the campground and find a seasonal road to tool around on.

Unread 04-28-2013, 09:17 PM   #525
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds good.

I'm looking at truck campers again. I want one to slide in the truck, or a gooseneck trailer that I can pull a pop up on with the Jeep so I can carry both. Not sure which way I want to go yet.

Quote:

Tags
magnum , ugly betty , v8 conversion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.