post #391 of Old 02-14-2013, 02:40 PM
Rubicon0311
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 3,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
It needs a cam now. Lol.
Fixed it for ya

Rubicon0311 is offline  
post #392 of Old 02-14-2013, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
Jason
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Eaton Rapids
Posts: 6,565
It would sound sick with a cam. Next winter's project might be a rebuild on the engine since I know it's over 100K, but I never thought to write down the mileage before pilfering the engine, so I don't really know the mileage.

"Ugly Betty" Build - 97 TJ 5.9 Magnum / 46RE Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline  
post #393 of Old 02-14-2013, 04:54 PM
Rubicon0311
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 3,341
Rubicon0311 is offline  
post #394 of Old 02-14-2013, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Jason
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Eaton Rapids
Posts: 6,565
Maybe just a little overkill. But it is me that we're talking about here.



I got the lights in the foot well operational with the driver door and the headlight switch. You don't know how much you miss them until they are gone. Currently looking for the wiring for the sound bar light and not finding it anywhere.

"Ugly Betty" Build - 97 TJ 5.9 Magnum / 46RE Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline  
post #395 of Old 02-14-2013, 05:12 PM
Rubicon0311
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 3,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Maybe just a little overkill. But it is me that we're talking about here.



I got the lights in the foot well operational with the driver door and the headlight switch. You don't know how much you miss them until they are gone. Currently looking for the wiring for the sound bar light and not finding it anywhere.
Well, you would never have to worry about how big you can go on tires....
Rubicon0311 is offline  
post #396 of Old 02-14-2013, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Jason
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Eaton Rapids
Posts: 6,565
I got my mini-washer fluid bottle today too. Neat little setup. Will come in handy for the highline fenders.

"Ugly Betty" Build - 97 TJ 5.9 Magnum / 46RE Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline  
post #397 of Old 02-14-2013, 06:43 PM
greenmachine99
Registered User
 
greenmachine99's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hagerstown,Maryland
Posts: 1,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
I got my mini-washer fluid bottle today too. Neat little setup. Will come in handy for the highline fenders.
Got a link? The stock one sucks with me TNT's.
greenmachine99 is offline  
post #398 of Old 02-14-2013, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Jason
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Eaton Rapids
Posts: 6,565
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251220012865...84.m1497.l2649

I'm going to buy another. Fits in a lot of tight places.

"Ugly Betty" Build - 97 TJ 5.9 Magnum / 46RE Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline  
post #399 of Old 02-15-2013, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Jason
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Eaton Rapids
Posts: 6,565
30 outside?? No problem! Drop the top and go for a ride!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okRBXyj7BpA[/ame]

"Ugly Betty" Build - 97 TJ 5.9 Magnum / 46RE Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline  
post #400 of Old 02-16-2013, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Jason
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Eaton Rapids
Posts: 6,565
Noticed a few drips of transmission oil in the garage. It appears to be leaking from the shift lever on the transmission. Recall that I put 2 more quarts in it the other day; maybe I over filled it? I filled it to 3/4s of the "safe" range while running, hot, and in neutral. I'm going to keep an eye on it for now because I have no interest in removing the transmission valve body. I have a short list of maintenance items for the next time I drop the skid, including checking the bands on the transmission. Perhaps I'll mess with it then.

"Ugly Betty" Build - 97 TJ 5.9 Magnum / 46RE Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline  
post #401 of Old 02-16-2013, 02:02 PM
greenmachine99
Registered User
 
greenmachine99's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hagerstown,Maryland
Posts: 1,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Noticed a few drips of transmission oil in the garage. It appears to be leaking from the shift lever on the transmission. Recall that I put 2 more quarts in it the other day; maybe I over filled it? I filled it to 3/4s of the "safe" range while running, hot, and in neutral. I'm going to keep an eye on it for now because I have no interest in removing the transmission valve body. I have a short list of maintenance items for the next time I drop the skid, including checking the bands on the transmission. Perhaps I'll mess with it then.
It should puke it out the breather if you overfilled it. I did this once on my old ZJ. It made a mess. Did a flush and didn't figure in the 3 or 4 qts still in the torque converter, and added its capacity in new fluid. It made a mess!
greenmachine99 is offline  
post #402 of Old 02-16-2013, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Jason
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Eaton Rapids
Posts: 6,565
Where is the breather? I don't remember seeing it when I had the transmission out. The fluid was gathered on that little ridge where the shift arm, TV cable, etc. lives.

"Ugly Betty" Build - 97 TJ 5.9 Magnum / 46RE Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline  
post #403 of Old 02-16-2013, 03:20 PM
87yellowyj
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 109
This thing is turning out really cool, good luck my friend
87yellowyj is offline  
post #404 of Old 02-16-2013, 03:48 PM
Copperhead89
Registered User
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tampa
Posts: 1,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251220012865...84.m1497.l2649

I'm going to buy another. Fits in a lot of tight places.
Jason, thanks for posting the link. I may have to get one of those.

My YJ/CJ V8 Magnum Build: http://jeepforum.com/forum/f22/magnum-force-mopar-mans-build-1412306/
Copperhead89 is offline  
post #405 of Old 02-16-2013, 03:51 PM
Copperhead89
Registered User
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tampa
Posts: 1,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Where is the breather? I don't remember seeing it when I had the transmission out. The fluid was gathered on that little ridge where the shift arm, TV cable, etc. lives.
The transmission vent on Torqueflite automatics is typically at the bottom of the bellhousing, behind the torque converter.

My YJ/CJ V8 Magnum Build: http://jeepforum.com/forum/f22/magnum-force-mopar-mans-build-1412306/
Copperhead89 is offline  
Reply

Tags
magnum , ugly betty , v8 conversion


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome