Ugly Betty - TJ Magnum V8 Conversion and more - Page 25 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Ugly Betty - TJ Magnum V8 Conversion and more

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!

Unread 02-08-2013, 08:08 PM   #361
Rubicon0311
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Everything else I've had of theirs has been good. But, one of these is like 7 Bud Selects, so I'm doing ok.
Well any beer thats over 10% alcohol is a hit or miss beer. Frankly, I haven't found many that I have enjoyed.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f325/what-did-you-do-your-xj-mj-tj-zj-wj-wk-lj-jk-thread-1289204/"][B]Michigan BS Thread[/B][/URL]
Rubicon0311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2013, 08:55 PM   #362
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I've been ticking of items on my too do list in this post if anyone was keeping track. The list has now dwindled down to some very minor things.

I got my switches wired up.

The fan switch turns the fan on and off, the other two just light up for now. I got the top part of each switch with the icons to light up with the dash illumination. They dim with the interior lights too.

I got the center mini-console bolted down, along with the shifter and the gear indicator. I found an extra bulb under the dash, so I pushed it into the gear indicator, so that lights up too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2013, 06:06 PM   #363
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Got a soundbar today. I don't see the wires to hook it up in the Jeep. I'll have to figure out where they are hiding.

I needed to run to town to get dog food, and my girlfriend wanted to wash the salt of her new car. Jeep was reading 1/4 tank on the fuel gauge, so I figured I'd fill it up. I wanted to wash in the engine bay as well, so we took off, her in her car and I in my Jeep. I was having fun doing full throttle starts, when the engine started to hesitate. While cruising (55 mph) if I put my foot on the gas it wanted to die. About 30 seconds later it stalled. I coasted to a side street and pulled over.

I could get it to turn over fine and almost stay running, but it would peter out and die within a few seconds. After checking the air cleaner and fuel rail, I had my GF go get one of my gas cans from home. I dumped about half in it and it fired right up. I figured the fuel gauge is broken. I haven't put fuel in it since I've owned it so I didn't know if it worked.

I went to the gas station, filled it up and the gauge went right to full. Apparently 1/4 tank on this gauge means empty. I poured about 2.5 gallons from my gas can, then 15.5 at the gas station. I thought the 4 cylinders had 15 gallon tanks, so this thing must have been completely empty.

Quote:
Unread 02-11-2013, 03:27 PM   #364
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Few more things were delivered today. Working late tonight, so no actual progress is expected tonight.

2" spacers showed up. Which look exactly like ugly *** 2" spacers should look like.

I ordered a mini washer fluid bottle with a pump. The fender mounted Jeep bottle interfered with the power steering pump.

I'm also terribly addicted to LED lights. I got 3/4" red and amber with clear lenses, 5 each, to serve as marker lights in the rear and turn/marker in the front. Figure I'll use 2 in the rear for side markers and 4 in the front for forward turn signals and side markers. My camera blows when it comes to picking up bright lights, but trust me when I say these dudes are bright.

I need to get some reverse lights and a license plate light that doesn't stick out too much.

Quote:
Unread 02-12-2013, 01:33 PM   #365
theGiantPanda
Swap This...

2006 LJ Wrangler 

hey man, read thru your build thread.. good job.. don't u just love all the little things. its not getting the driveline in the jeep that's hard..its making it WORK!!!!

just to reference the gas tanks.. I just read a thread on here about that. the tanks are all 19 gallon. just the 4cly have a longer vent tube inside the tank that limits the tank to 15 gallons. its the one that pressurizes the fill so it stops at the '15' gal point. I don't recall the official name. simple fix is this: you pull the fuel pump out, reach in and chop off a couple inches of the tube and, blam, you get the 19g capacity. you can also check your fuel gauge sender at the same time.

my buddy's jeep we are currently doing the 2.5 to 4.0 swap has a '15g tank.' when he goes to put the new fuel pump in, he's going to be doing the '15 to 19' mod
good luck with the rest of the build.. i'll be watching.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
Hospital? What, are you suffering from Overextended Jeepaphelia or something? :)
I've never been poor, only broke. Poor is a state of mind. Broke is a condition brought on by Jeep ownership and a heavy right foot.

2006 Unlimited Redicon Panda Edition
RRI Long Arm...14" Fox CO's Front and Rear...D60 KP Front and D60 FF Rear... 5.38s spooled...40" Maxxis Trepadors...
6.1 HEMI...Atlas 5.1

5.7 HEMI 400 hp TJ Build http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ye...17/?highlight=
6.1 HEMI Ultimate LJ Rubicon Build http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/6-...ayhem-1013800/
2.5 to 4.0L swap and build up http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/he.../#post14946167
4.0 to 2008 5.3L GM LS in the Taco'd TJ [frame off build].....http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/5-...28/?highlight=
My new DD Build, lift, 4.0 motor swap, done in 6 days?....http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/6.../#post15716292

the new shop... http://redrockwiring.com/ conversion, parts and wiring systems
shop email.... info@redrockindustries.net
LIKE US on facebook..... https://www.facebook.com/redrockindustriesinc adding more daily
redrockindustries.net
theGiantPanda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2013, 02:14 PM   #366
Rubicon0311
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGiantPanda View Post
hey man, read thru your build thread.. good job.. don't u just love all the little things. its not getting the driveline in the jeep that's hard..its making it WORK!!!!

just to reference the gas tanks.. I just read a thread on here about that. the tanks are all 19 gallon. just the 4cly have a longer vent tube inside the tank that limits the tank to 15 gallons. its the one that pressurizes the fill so it stops at the '15' gal point. I don't recall the official name. simple fix is this: you pull the fuel pump out, reach in and chop off a couple inches of the tube and, blam, you get the 19g capacity. you can also check your fuel gauge sender at the same time.

my buddy's jeep we are currently doing the 2.5 to 4.0 swap has a '15g tank.' when he goes to put the new fuel pump in, he's going to be doing the '15 to 19' mod
So I can do this on my 4.0?? Those extra couple gallons go a long ways.....well short in big tire terms...

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f325/what-did-you-do-your-xj-mj-tj-zj-wj-wk-lj-jk-thread-1289204/"][B]Michigan BS Thread[/B][/URL]
Unread 02-12-2013, 03:35 PM   #367
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGiantPanda View Post

Thanks a bunch man. I skimmed both your builds. Your 6.1 seemed so far over my head I didn't get too deep into it. But I am insanely jealous of the Hemi engine(s) you scored on the other project. And actually jealous that you have the means to do both. I'm going to go back and read both in detail when I have enough time.

Yep, I knew about that mod and the 15 vs 19 gal capacity, but I'm not 100% on the particulars because my 05 should have the "bigger" tank already. I'm going to chop that hose whenever I end up dropping the tank. Never really made sense to me why they did that. I found it strange that I was able to put in 2.5 gallons at the side of the road, then another 15.5 at the gas station. That's about 18 gals; maybe mine's already been modded?

If you ever make it around Lansing, you're more than welcome to check her out. Thanks again.

Quote:
Unread 02-12-2013, 06:58 PM   #368
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I got the spring spacers installed without any drama. Whoopie do. Spring spacers.

Anyways.

Since I have the springs pulled, I decided to articulate the axle. It looks like I'll need a little under 2" bumpstop extensions to keep my UCAs out of my engine mounts. I was called in for dinner, so I didn't get a chance to play with it much. I'll take a harder look at this later. I might be able to trim a little from the engine mount, maybe 1/2" max. I don't want to affect the strength of the mount. If I find that I need that little bit of uptravel I may look into that. I want to end up as low as possible.

Quote:
Unread 02-13-2013, 01:00 PM   #369
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Ordered some bumpstop extensions. I ran across this my browsing today. I like it, and may put it on the meduim-term list. A link, mostly so I can find it later.

http://www.bluetorchfab.com/Product/...-Cage-Kit.aspx

Quote:
Unread 02-13-2013, 08:15 PM   #370
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'm MUCH happier with the stance now that the font has the spring spacers. The UCAs could still get into the engine mounts, but it seems very unlikely when driven on the street. I feel much better driving it now that I don't have to baby it so much. It will spin the tires from a stop or low speed whenever I feel like it. Good oil pressure, good ECTs, no CELs.

Transmission needed 2 more quarts of fluid. Thought I got it full enough before but maybe not. I was checking it in park before; today I checked it in neutral. I think these transmissions may not pump in park but do in neutral, so that may have been the issue.

Took the girlfriend to dinner. She bravely rode with me in Betty. Pulls like a sonofa*****. GF said it sounded like a monster truck when I wailed on it.

Quote:
Unread 02-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #371
greenmachine99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason

Took the girlfriend to dinner. She bravely rode with me in Betty. Pulls like a sonofa*****. GF said it sounded like a monster truck when I wailed on it.
Niiiiiiice!
greenmachine99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2013, 08:36 PM   #372
Rubicon0311
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
No you need to make it a monster

Unread 02-13-2013, 09:31 PM   #373
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311 View Post
No you need to make it a monster
True. It sounds like one, now I just need to make it look like one too.

I'm thinking about going with a 37" tire. I'll have to see when I get my fenders, but I think I can do 2-3" springs. I like the idea of bigger tires, but I can't justify it. I don't think there's anything around here I can't do on 37s, plus the additional cost of everything to support it. I'd also like to try a different tire, but it's hard to find something that beats the MT/Rs.

Considering a late '70s 3/4 ton D44 front and some kind of 1-ton rear. I think a D44 will be strong enough for the front, without all the cost of a D60, but I need to do some homework. Also putting some thought into a stretching a few inches. Maybe a fuel cell so I can stretch the rear.

Nothing is set in stone, mostly thinking out loud.

Quote:
Unread 02-13-2013, 09:33 PM   #374
Rubicon0311
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
True. It sounds like one, now I just need to make it look like one too.

I'm thinking about going with a 37" tire. I'll have to see when I get my fenders, but I think I can do 2-3" springs. I like the idea of bigger tires, but I can't justify it. I don't think there's anything around here I can't do on 37s, plus the additional cost of everything to support it. I'd also like to try a different tire, but it's hard to find something that beats the MT/Rs.

Considering a late '70s 3/4 ton D44 front and some kind of 1-ton rear. I think a D44 will be strong enough for the front, without all the cost of a D60, but I need to do some homework. Also putting some thought into a stretching a few inches. Maybe a fuel cell so I can stretch the rear.

Nothing is set in stone, mostly thinking out loud.
I know that with the TJ, if you do a 3" suspension lift, you can clear 37's with flat fenders up front. You may have to do some trimming in the rear though.

Unread 02-13-2013, 09:43 PM   #375
Rubicon0311
2005 TJ Wrangler 

You would probably get no kind of flex though, I can clear 37's with my cloaks and 4" of lift

Tags
magnum , ugly betty , v8 conversion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.