Ugly Betty - TJ Magnum V8 Conversion and more - Page 24 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Ugly Betty - TJ Magnum V8 Conversion and more

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!Bushed Sleeves & Poly Bushings!

Unread 02-04-2013, 05:30 PM   #346
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I had the waterproof cover on it (and it's a good thing because it was soaked after that). It doesn't pick up sound very well with the waterproof cover on it. Trust me, it's loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 06:00 PM   #347
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Got my switches today too.

Quote:
Unread 02-04-2013, 06:30 PM   #348
Rubicon0311
Trust me, I'm a pilot

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Got my switches today too.

So you're installing a kegerator in it??
Rubicon0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 06:40 PM   #349
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'll be the life of the party.

Quote:
Unread 02-05-2013, 07:01 PM   #350
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I strapped the power steering lines down to the frame, which was more tramatic than it should have been. At least it's done. I may go back and strap the brake lines down later, but they're pretty stationary right now.

I was worried about the fitment of the switches I ordered. They ended up fitting real well.

I got the fenders mostly put back on. The driver side interfered with the power steering line and the washer pump hit the power steering pump. I was able to tweak the the steel line coming off the back of the PS pump for clearance. Haven't figured out what to do about the washer yet.

I stopped here because a guy showed up to buy some parts from the truck I pulled the engine from. So that's +$$$ for the project.

Quote:
Unread 02-06-2013, 01:04 PM   #351
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I ordered several things today:

- Headlight bezels since this Jeep never came with any. It looks silly to me with out them.
- I also ordered some 3/4" leds, red and amber, for marker and turn signals to go with my led tails.
- Settled on a Flowmaster 40 "delta flow". I think the one I had before on my old big block was a regular 40 or 44. The delta flow should be a little quieter. That will be here tomorrow and I'm just going to clamp it in for now because I may remove it later when I get to making the arms for the suspension.

I need to put some serious thought into what I am doing with my axles and suspension. The front sits about 3/4" from the bumpstops. I think I might get a spacer for now, just to get the front end back up a little so I can drive it and shake out any issues while planning suspension.

Quote:
Unread 02-06-2013, 01:19 PM   #352
Rubicon0311
Trust me, I'm a pilot

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I ordered several things today:

- Headlight bezels since this Jeep never came with any. It looks silly to me with out them.
- I also ordered some 3/4" leds, red and amber, for marker and turn signals to go with my led tails.
- Settled on a Flowmaster 40 "delta flow". I think the one I had before on my old big block was a regular 40 or 44. The delta flow should be a little quieter. That will be here tomorrow and I'm just going to clamp it in for now because I may remove it later when I get to making the arms for the suspension.

I need to put some serious thought into what I am doing with my axles and suspension. The front sits about 3/4" from the bumpstops. I think I might get a spacer for now, just to get the front end back up a little so I can drive it and shake out any issues while planning suspension.

Bundy.....
Unread 02-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #353
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Got any spring spacers?

Quote:
Unread 02-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #354
Rubicon0311
Trust me, I'm a pilot

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Got any spring spacers?
Negative ghost rider
Unread 02-06-2013, 01:27 PM   #355
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I can't go riding around on my motor mounts. I hit something big enough and it's going to break something.

Quote:
Unread 02-07-2013, 08:47 AM   #356
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Sold the 4 cylinder last night. Was tired of looking at it on my floor. I still have a good condition, gently used 5 speed transmission though. I'll probably just put it up on the parts shelf for now until it sells.

Quote:
Unread 02-07-2013, 08:59 PM   #357
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I need to get some time dedicated to work on this thing. Whenever I seem to get a minute to work on it, I get distracted by some bull**** and I'm tired of it. I got the new car purchase settled, so that distraction is done. Right now I need to focus on getting all the loose ends tied up. Then I'm just going to drive the freaking thing while I plan the suspension and axles.

I got my muffler today. I can't run the cutout with the muffler; it doesn't fit. I welded a turn down to the muffler, then just clamped it on. The "three inch" muffler was more like 3.25, so it was really loose. I just clamped it on for now in case I change my mind. Sounds pretty good. Still loud, but mellow.

I taped up a lot of the wire harness today. Got most of the engine side taped and loomed up. I still need to get the few wires that run down underneath.

I got the vacuum lines run for the cab ventilation as well as the evap canister. Now I should be able to divert the heat to the defrost, floor or dash, so that's nice. I couldn't join one line (fuel return) because I didn't have the right size fitting. That will be another trip to the parts store. This should be the last item needed shut off the check engine light.

Driver side fender is bolted back on. Passenger one is part way there.

I picked up two indicator lights for the dash. I'm going to wire a bright red light for when the electic fan is off. I'm going to wire it after the relay so that if there's any failure or if the switch is off, I'll have a bright light in my face.

I think I'm picking up a sound bar on Sunday. Still looking for some spring spacers or ZJ springs to lift my front end back up for now. I parked it in the yard for a minute yesterday and the front end looks stupid because it's so low.

Also been watching KOH all day today. Love it. I will be out there one day: http://ultra4racing.com/live/

Quote:
Unread 02-08-2013, 06:26 PM   #358
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Today's update brought to you by, Goose Island Brewery "Bourbon County."

Honestly, not a fan of this stuff. 15% alcohol. Drinks like syrup. Kinda pissed that I spent $9 for a bottle.

I bolted the fenders on and loomed up all the wires I could get to. There's a few on the top of the transmission that I can't reach. I'll drop the motor down later to get them, but they are mostly out of harms way. Plugged the evap stuff in and drove Betty into town tonight to get some miscellaneous parts. Roads are real icy, and this thing steps the rear end out real quick. This was the longest trip I've had her on. Now that the evap is plugged in, no check engine light, and no other weirdness. Did a big *** burnout in the parking lot of the parts store.

I ordered some spring spacers as well. Still trying up the loose ends. Looking forward to suspension design and fabrication.

Quote:
Unread 02-08-2013, 06:57 PM   #359
Rubicon0311
Trust me, I'm a pilot

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Today's update brought to you by, Goose Island Brewery "Bourbon County."

Honestly, not a fan of this stuff. 15% alcohol. Drinks like syrup. Kinda pissed that I spent $9 for a bottle.

I bolted the fenders on and loomed up all the wires I could get to. There's a few on the top of the transmission that I can't reach. I'll drop the motor down later to get them, but they are mostly out of harms way. Plugged the evap stuff in and drove Betty into town tonight to get some miscellaneous parts. Roads are real icy, and this thing steps the rear end out real quick. This was the longest trip I've had her on. Now that the evap is plugged in, no check engine light, and no other weirdness. Did a big *** burnout in the parking lot of the parts store.

I ordered some spring spacers as well. Still trying up the loose ends. Looking forward to suspension design and fabrication.
Stick with the 312
Unread 02-08-2013, 07:05 PM   #360
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Everything else I've had of theirs has been good. But, one of these is like 7 Bud Selects, so I'm doing ok.

Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.