Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Ty's TJ.

Tags
nc guys
161K views 3K replies 55 participants last post by  tyvanwie 
#1 ·
Decided to edit this first post for any newcomers that care/don't want to read pages of BS :laugh:

Here's the list of everything I have done prior to this build:
-Tuffy full security subwoofer console
-Passenger grab handle made from exercise thingy
-Rugged Ridge front floor mats
-4wdhardware windshield decal
-New Pioneer speakers
-Removed milk jugs and side steps

Current setup (7/25/13)
-2" BDS coils
-Fox 2.0 shocks
-JKS 1.25" body lift

-1" M.O.R.E. MML
-15x10" Ultra alloy wheels
-33x12.5" Goodyear Duratracs
-Rampage Frameless soft top
-ZJ tie rod
-8" Polk subwoofer and amp.
-Rough Country quick disconnects
-Daystar hood latches

I will hyperlink everything that is installed. I will try to do more "write-up" type posts with future installs. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

The day I got it:

Almost 1 year later:

See less See more
#2,380 ·
BamaJeepman21 said:
I was dissapointed as well...

Still pretty BA though.
I'm actually happy it's stock TJ width for the D30.

gst95dsm said:
How do you get a jk44 in stock TJ width?
No idea. Beyond my knowledge.

jeepwrangler97 said:
I wouldn't mind swapping my 8.8 for one of those whenever I go to 4.56s & 33s.

Overkill isn't a bad thing.

My plan is to have mine well built for 35s, but on 33s.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
That was originally my plan, but I know one day I will be like "oh my rig can handle 35s" and ill buy them. So I'm kind of planning over-over built :laugh:

Jankoid said:
Did they shorten the WMS for the RJ60? And don't those have terrible dif clearance?

#2,386 ·
mcannon111 said:
3400 bucks is more than I have in both my axles combined... And I'm on a 44 front and 8.8 rear
I don't have the ability to build my own axle to save money. And right now I'm kind of learning towards the JK44 without a locker for now. That'd put it roughly at $2k. Then I get a bolt-in axle with 35 spline chromolys and 4.56 gears.

#2,390 ·
tyvanwie said:
I don't have the ability to build my own axle to save money. And right now I'm kind of learning towards the JK44 without a locker for now. That'd put it roughly at $2k. Then I get a bolt-in axle with 35 spline chromolys and 4.56 gears.
You can be patient and wait for a pair of fully built jk axles like I did. Hahaha

#2,392 ·
Got the new seat installed. Man, I didn't know I could be this comfortable driving a jeep. Every bumps that the jeep didn't smooth out, the seat did. Going around corners, the seat held my firmly in place instead of me sliding around and practically falling out like the old one.

Install went decent. Their directions absolutely suck, so we just looked at the seat, bracket, and adapter and put them on how they would logically go. I'm still able to slide forward and back, and tumble; not that I ever need to, though.

Car Seat belt Vehicle Car seat cover Motor vehicle

#2,398 ·
Had a couple days to really feel out the seat and I've come to a verdict.

I don't know why I didn't get it sooner. After my hour and a half ish drive back to Boone, I not only didn't have back pain, but I actually felt REFRESHED after the drive. I could drive all the way to Florida and be comfortable (apart from the jeep being apocalyptically slow, having bad brakes, and a steering wobble :rofl:).

Bottom line is, the seats are amazing and I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a replacement. The only issue is you cannot get a wider seat if you have the tuffy console. The lid rubs the side of the seat as it is, and the 2" wider version would simply not fit.

Also, this cool thing I've been hinting at has happened. Y'all will see something in the very near future. Not the most exciting thing in the world, but I'm excited about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.