Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Ty's TJ.

Tags
nc guys
161K views 3K replies 55 participants last post by  tyvanwie 
#1 ·
Decided to edit this first post for any newcomers that care/don't want to read pages of BS :laugh:

Here's the list of everything I have done prior to this build:
-Tuffy full security subwoofer console
-Passenger grab handle made from exercise thingy
-Rugged Ridge front floor mats
-4wdhardware windshield decal
-New Pioneer speakers
-Removed milk jugs and side steps

Current setup (7/25/13)
-2" BDS coils
-Fox 2.0 shocks
-JKS 1.25" body lift

-1" M.O.R.E. MML
-15x10" Ultra alloy wheels
-33x12.5" Goodyear Duratracs
-Rampage Frameless soft top
-ZJ tie rod
-8" Polk subwoofer and amp.
-Rough Country quick disconnects
-Daystar hood latches

I will hyperlink everything that is installed. I will try to do more "write-up" type posts with future installs. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

The day I got it:

Almost 1 year later:

See less See more
#755 ·
I said a long time ago that I wasn't going any bigger than 33s. And I think I'm going to stay true to that. At least for a few years. For a couple reasons.

1) Money. Obviously. I have none lol. And even with me possibly getting this job, I don't see how I will ever be able to afford to go to 35s and stretch correctly.

2) I like the way my jeep sits now on 33s. Granted I'd like a little more clearance for wheel travel but that's not a big deal.

3) There are other things my jeep needs before a bad *** suspension and new axles with 35s or bigger. I'd like to get some suspension seats, corner and rocker armor, maybe a front bumper, winch, blah blah blah.

4) I brought up building a designated crawler to my dad. He loved it. I said we could get am old wrecked jeep or bronco or something, Craigslist a lot if the parts, and just practice our fabrication skills on that. So who knows.

All of this brought up a couple questions though.

Could I do a small stretch on 33s? Would it be worth it? I mean 35s only give me am extra inch.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

#756 ·
I personally wouldn't bother stretching if you are staying on 33s. Yeah, 35s only give an inch more ground clearance, but it's an important inch. I think right now what you are better off doing is to stop spending money on your Jeep. Period. Leave it as is for a little while (maybe a month or 2) and just wheel the piss out of it. You can read stuff on JF and daydream about it all day long, but the best way to determine the direction of your build is to get out there and do some wheeling. See what it can handle now with just the lift and tires, and watch what other people's rigs that are more built than yours can do, and decide if that is what you want to be able to do. :thumbsup:

Oh, and I've never liked the idea of building a beater rig out of an old piece of crap vehicle. I don't want to spend my time and money on something that I'll eventually send to the scrap yard, and I definitely don't want a rig that looks like it belongs in a scrap yard.

#757 ·
Jankoid said:
I personally wouldn't bother stretching if you are staying on 33s. Yeah, 35s only give an inch more ground clearance, but it's an important inch. I think right now what you are better off doing is to stop spending money on your Jeep. Period. Leave it as is for a little while (maybe a month or 2) and just wheel the piss out of it. You can read stuff on JF and daydream about it all day long, but the best way to determine the direction of your build is to get out there and do some wheeling. See what it can handle now with just the lift and tires, and watch what other people's rigs that are more built than yours can do, and decide if that is what you want to be able to do. :thumbsup:

Oh, and I've never liked the idea of building a beater rig out of an old piece of crap vehicle. I don't want to spend my time and money on something that I'll eventually send to the scrap yard, and I definitely don't want a rig that looks like it belongs in a scrap yard.
Sounds like a plan. I always get into my head that I need all these parts. And I don't.

And the rig would just be something for me and my dad to do. He wants to do some sort of project vehicle. Just don't know what yet.

Why can't I just have lots of monies and fab skills? Why god, WHY?! :rofl:

#759 ·
Jake is oh so wise. It didn't take me too long to see where open/open 3.07's blew, so I wanted to build a stronger pair of axles that were locked. So first on my list is axles, gears and lockers. The bigger wheels and tires and stretch will come later.

#760 ·
sjones26573 said:
Jake is oh so wise. It didn't take me too long to see where open/open 3.07's blew, so I wanted to build a stronger pair of axles that were locked. So first on my list is axles, gears and lockers. The bigger wheels and tires and stretch will come later.
That'll be my plan once I get more money. 8.8, HP30, and some lockers.

#764 ·
Starting a new project with my dad. Making some custom rear jump seats that fold to the side completely out of the way. I found some stadium chair that were pretty weak so were going to pull everything off leaving just the seat and back. Then we are going to attempt to build a frame for it and a hinge, using the stock seat bracket. I think our plans are good so far, but we will see.

#765 ·
tyvanwie said:
Lol I've got a nice shiny nickel you can have.

Also, got paid today. And I'm selling my JK duster deck cover so sliders will be coming soon as well. Then if I get this job it'll be monies monies monies!

How much is the deck cover? Or did you already sell it?

#777 ·
tyvanwie said:
Hate you all. If I get this job there will be more going on. Sorry I'm broke.

I'm broke too. I still do ****

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.