Ty's TJ. - Page 56 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #826 of 2548 Old 03-31-2013, 04:31 PM
NYGLT56
Your Local Body Builder
 
NYGLT56's Avatar
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Rio Rancho
Posts: 1,914
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid

If you are looking for a bolt-in axle I have a 3.73 TJ44 I can sell you. Lmk.
That would sell so fast down here


Instagramin --> @cornfedarmybro


2014 TJOTY Winner
NYGLT56 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #827 of 2548 Old 03-31-2013, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
tyvanwie
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Boone
Posts: 9,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGLT56

That would sell so fast down here

I have no money. Otherwise I'd get it.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I don't even own a jeep anymore
tyvanwie is offline  
post #828 of 2548 Old 03-31-2013, 04:33 PM
Jankoid
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Albemarle
Posts: 4,897
Be cheaper than an ECGS 8.8
Jankoid is offline  
post #829 of 2548 Old 03-31-2013, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
tyvanwie
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Boone
Posts: 9,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid
Be cheaper than an ECGS 8.8
I know but I don't have money for either. The ECGS would like be this summer.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I don't even own a jeep anymore
tyvanwie is offline  
post #830 of 2548 Old 03-31-2013, 05:31 PM
Kodiak17
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kutztown, PA/ Andover, NJ
Posts: 3,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post
I know but I don't have money for either. The ECGS would like be this summer.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone
I don't know what options you plan on going with on the ECGS 8.8. But DND offroad, who is relatively local to me offers a bolt-in 8.8 for the TJ for around $500. Probably the route i'm going to take.

Maintain, wheel, upgrade, repeat.

My build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thor-dd-weekend-warrior-1348534/
Kodiak17 is offline  
post #831 of 2548 Old 03-31-2013, 05:36 PM
sjones26573
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Concord/Harmony/Raleigh
Posts: 9,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak17 View Post
I don't know what options you plan on going with on the ECGS 8.8. But DND offroad, who is relatively local to me offers a bolt-in 8.8 for the TJ for around $500. Probably the route i'm going to take.
Shipping?

The Offroad Club @ NC State; Founder
The Yellowtail Build
Jeep-Owner.com
sjones26573 is offline  
post #832 of 2548 Old 03-31-2013, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
tyvanwie
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Boone
Posts: 9,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak17

I don't know what options you plan on going with on the ECGS 8.8. But DND offroad, who is relatively local to me offers a bolt-in 8.8 for the TJ for around $500. Probably the route i'm going to take.
I was going pretty simple. LSD, refurbished internals, and maybe upgraded brakes. Do they have a website?

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I don't even own a jeep anymore
tyvanwie is offline  
post #833 of 2548 Old 03-31-2013, 05:41 PM
sjones26573
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Concord/Harmony/Raleigh
Posts: 9,835
Don't do an LSD if you ever plan on doing an Aussie or Spartan.

The Offroad Club @ NC State; Founder
The Yellowtail Build
Jeep-Owner.com
sjones26573 is offline  
post #834 of 2548 Old 03-31-2013, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
tyvanwie
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Boone
Posts: 9,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573
Don't do an LSD if you ever plan on doing an Aussie or Spartan.
I thought they all came with LSDs? Or can I get one open?

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I don't even own a jeep anymore
tyvanwie is offline  
post #835 of 2548 Old 03-31-2013, 05:44 PM
sjones26573
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Concord/Harmony/Raleigh
Posts: 9,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post
I thought they all came with LSDs? Or can I get one open?

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone
No most don't. The stock LSD is worthless anyways. All 3 of ours are open.

The Offroad Club @ NC State; Founder
The Yellowtail Build
Jeep-Owner.com
sjones26573 is offline  
post #836 of 2548 Old 03-31-2013, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
tyvanwie
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Boone
Posts: 9,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573

No most don't. The stock LSD is worthless anyways. All 3 of ours are open.
Ah okay. I'll pass on it then. I just saw on ECGS under lockers it showed LSD then a few other so I figured it was just standard.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I don't even own a jeep anymore
tyvanwie is offline  
post #837 of 2548 Old 03-31-2013, 05:47 PM
sjones26573
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Concord/Harmony/Raleigh
Posts: 9,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post
Ah okay. I'll pass on it then. I just saw on ECGS under lockers it showed LSD then a few other so I figured it was just standard.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone
Nope, you just leave Lockers blank, since open isn't a locker.

The Offroad Club @ NC State; Founder
The Yellowtail Build
Jeep-Owner.com
sjones26573 is offline  
post #838 of 2548 Old 03-31-2013, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
tyvanwie
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Boone
Posts: 9,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573

Nope, you just leave Lockers blank.
Gotcha. I'll have to check out this other company as well.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I don't even own a jeep anymore
tyvanwie is offline  
post #839 of 2548 Old 03-31-2013, 06:17 PM
Kodiak17
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kutztown, PA/ Andover, NJ
Posts: 3,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post
I was going pretty simple. LSD, refurbished internals, and maybe upgraded brakes. Do they have a website?

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone
Yes but the owner, Mike, responds better to calls. Their site doesn't have many products on it, including the 8.8. Idk if their still offering them for $500 as I haven't had the coin to get serious about it. When I talked to him he mentioned stock shafts, gears, and new brakes. Unsure about rotors, driveshaft flange, or brake lines.

Maintain, wheel, upgrade, repeat.

My build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thor-dd-weekend-warrior-1348534/
Kodiak17 is offline  
post #840 of 2548 Old 03-31-2013, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
tyvanwie
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Boone
Posts: 9,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak17

Yes but the owner, Mike, responds better to calls. Their site doesn't have many products on it, including the 8.8. Idk if their still offering them for $500 as I haven't had the coin to get serious about it. When I talked to him he mentioned stock shafts, gears, and new brakes. Unsure about rotors, driveshaft flange, or brake lines.
Okay cool thanks for the tip. I don't have the coin either unfortunately.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I don't even own a jeep anymore
tyvanwie is offline  
Reply

Tags
nc guys

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome