TXST8tj - 2001 TJ build - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > TXST8tj - 2001 TJ build

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Packages

Unread 10-05-2011, 10:41 PM   #91
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I sold the 05 OEM top that I bought not long ago. It was fine enough, just not what I wanted.

I will be ordering a new soft top solution tomorrow! Pretty excited.

TXST8tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2011, 01:39 PM   #92
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

The Trektop NX is officially ordered. Should be here in 4-5 business days. I ordered it from Joe with Quadratec. He is a member on another Jeep forum and gave me free shipping on my order. The best part is it was the very last one in stock.

edit - top will be at the house tomorrow! the other bracket and mount I ordered should be there today.
Unread 10-13-2011, 12:27 PM   #93
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I just ordered a set of quick disconnects from Rough Country. The plan is to ultimately run a Currie Antirock, but that won't come along until after I get the 3" coils. These will suit my needs well for the time being; plus, they will be useful when I do get the lift coils where I won't have to get the Antirock immediately.

The RC design is similar to the Rubicon Express Gen II discos, but RC uses a 'tie-rod' style joint at the top of the link instead of the 'heim' style joint that RE uses. The reviews are good on them and for the undisclosed price I paid for them....well, way better than a set of homemade discos.

Unread 10-14-2011, 09:41 AM   #94
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

The Bracketron dash bracket and phone mount came in yesterday. I understand these are not super exciting to most, but I am thrilled to have a secure, visible, functional mount for my Evo.

Unread 10-14-2011, 10:10 PM   #95
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

The top arrived today.....on my neighbor's front porch.

I got it all unpackaged and so far everything looks good. I will start installing it tomorrow after I finish sanding that dang table and get it ready for new stain.

Unread 10-15-2011, 12:13 AM   #96
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I love the Bracketron stuff, that's how I mount my ipod in my jeep.

BTW, did that top come with door surrounds?
Unread 10-15-2011, 08:03 PM   #97
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Got the Bracketron bracket and phone mount installed.....intense work. Hahaha. Very simple mod, but it is great for me.

Unread 10-15-2011, 08:03 PM   #98
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Laid the windows out in the sun to loosen up.

Installed the actual top portion and let it sit in the sun

Installing the windows was fun. Even after sitting in the sun, it is TIGHT. It is a good tight though.
The top looks great and is super quiet. So far, I am very impressed with it. Even in safari mode, there was not any flapping and it stays pretty tight.

Of course I washed it right after taking pics

Unread 10-15-2011, 08:05 PM   #99
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFuzz View Post
I love the Bracketron stuff, that's how I mount my ipod in my jeep.

BTW, did that top come with door surrounds?
The Trektop NX comes with door surrounds, factory header, tailgate bar with brackets, stiffening bar over the driver's seat, canvas, and windows.
Unread 10-25-2011, 07:53 AM   #100
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I installed the Rough Country sway bar disconnects yesterday. I like them quite a bit. The design is good and the function is great. The install was a breeze.
The only thing I have concern about is why the upper 'tie rod' style joint does not have a grease zirk. It seems like it should have one for general service.
After previously running the JKS Quicker Discos on a previous TJ, I can't say I would buy them again over these from RC...especially not for the price. I will need to put some miles on them before I can say completely.

Unread 10-25-2011, 02:22 PM   #101
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Oh yeah, I ordered a new sub today! I am pretty excited. I enjoy stereos and electronics in general, so this is always fun for me.
I ordered a JL Audio 10w0v2-4.

I ran a 10w0 for a several years, but somehow during the move into the new house, something put a fat hole in the woofer. I have been using an old P.O.S. Sony Explode sub to hold me over, and it has been doing a terrible job at that.
I run a 2-channel amp bridged to 300w, so the 10w0v2 is a great match. The 10w0v2 is actually last year's model (the v3 is out now), but this one has the same specs and is basically the same thing. I believe they did make some changes with the v3, but this one was considerably cheaper ($70 shipped) and I am good with that.
I picked up a sheet of 3/4" MDF to build the enclosure. I am building the enclosure into a 'trunk' to fit behind the back seat. I have some special plans for it, but we'll see how far I take it.
At some point, I might build the in-seat rear seat enclosure to completely open up that back space, but I do like the idea of having locked storage back there....limited as it will be with the enclosure taking up a good amount of that space.
Unread 10-27-2011, 05:52 AM   #102
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

oh dang.

Unread 10-27-2011, 06:21 AM   #103
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Only 100k?
Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 06:54 AM   #104
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Haha....probably not since it ran on 35s for a good amount of miles. The odo has not been accurate since then. If I was going to have any concern, it should've been several miles ago.

It had 74k or 77k on it when I bought it a year and a half ago.

To celebrate 100k miles.....I'm shopping for new seats today! Leaning (litterally in my factory seat) toward the Corbeau Baja RS recliner seats and a Corbeau seat cover for the rear.

Unread 10-27-2011, 09:24 AM   #105
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Nice choice on seats. Those are the ones I'm jonesin' for... but ya gotta factor in bracketry pricing. Hopefully THAT won't interfere with your Tuffy seat drawer.
Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.