TXST8tj - 2001 TJ build - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > TXST8tj - 2001 TJ build

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 08-10-2011, 09:32 AM   #76
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve578

I'll take a lift and A/C if you are buying.

I purchased switches from OTRATTW. Some of the best service of any vendor I've dealt with. He responded to an emailed question within an hour and very fast shipping.
I love my otrattw switches too!

Unread 08-10-2011, 10:33 AM   #77
steve578

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I could come by your place to check out the new garage.

My Build Thread.
steve578 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2011, 07:50 PM   #78
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

Side note: Did you wire your new ouse with cat6e cable? My friend built a new house in tampa, florida , in 2009. Two bath, 5 bdrm 2 car garage. He had it wired for a p.a system in each bedroom, 4 cameras around the house, one in the living room and garage. He installed a 20 inch flat screen and sub woofer in the second bathroom( sounded awesome when you taking a drop and watching ESPN top plays).

Unfortunately, The economy and the back lash of the housing bubble bust caught up to him, and he sold it in march

Back to the TJ, when are you doing the wiring for the new Hella's?
Resonator removed (sounds like a V8 on start up)
SuperRliBerty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2011, 08:39 AM   #79
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve578 View Post
I could come by your place to check out the new garage.
Sounds great! I'll be installing a leveling kit on a F-150 sometime Sunday afternoon, and I'm off Monday, so I will be in the garage as much as I can handle the heat.
As long as my boss doesn't send me to Utah in two weeks, I will be home the rest of the month.
TXST8tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2011, 08:55 AM   #80
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperRliBerty View Post
Side note: Did you wire your new house with cat6e cable?

Back to the TJ, when are you doing the wiring for the new Hella's?
The house has Cat5 (the game room and living room have two each), coax, and phone in every room. There is also wireless and an 'airrave' for our cell phones throughout.
The house is wired for security cameras in the front and back; however, we do not currently have any installed.
The thing I was/am upset about is I was not able to run speaker wire througout the rooms for surround and in-ceiling speakers. Being a 2-story, this is not likely to happen now.

This is the 'brain' of the media system before the modem and some other stuff was installed. The security alarm thing is in there too.
(in the closet of one of the spare upstairs rooms)

Unread 08-11-2011, 09:02 AM   #81
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I plan to wire up the Hellas (finally) on Monday.

I am off every other Monday from work, unless I'm out of town. A lot of people do Fridays off, but my small team at work travels a lot, and it usually includes more Fridays than Mondays, so it's easier to use Mondays for that day off.

That seems to be the best time for me to get stuff done. With my wife being a teacher and school starting again, and our son back to preschool, I have the house to myself on those Mondays that I am off and home.
Unread 08-11-2011, 09:07 AM   #82
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

On another note, I picked up an OEM soft top last night.

I saw the ad on CraigsList for a 2005 OEM soft top with frame and all hardware for $75. I called the guy and headed out to get it.
I figured the worst case is that I could resell it for at least double what I paid because of the hardware.

The top is the lighter grey vs black diamond as I had hoped, and the windows are clear instead of tinted, but it's in near perfect shape.
Being from a 2005, it is the Sailcloth material.

I am less than fond of my 1.5 year old Pavement Ends top, so I am thinking about running this OEM top when I need to be sealed up, and selling the complete top I currently use.
Unread 08-14-2011, 08:44 AM   #83
steve578

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXST8tj View Post
Sounds great! I'll be installing a leveling kit on a F-150 sometime Sunday afternoon, and I'm off Monday, so I will be in the garage as much as I can handle the heat.
As long as my boss doesn't send me to Utah in two weeks, I will be home the rest of the month.
Are you still planning to be out in the garage today? I can stop by with the knuckle. PM me with your address and cell.

My Build Thread.
steve578 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2011, 04:53 PM   #84
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Dang! I wish I would've got online this morning (dang grass cutting!!!). I was out in the garage after the yard work.

I will be home most of the day tomorrow though.

I'll PM you my address and # for the next opportunity.
Unread 08-16-2011, 10:47 AM   #85
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I mounted up the top. It's in great shape overall. The rear window is no good. The zipper part on the window is messed up. The others are great.

As mentioned, I do not really care for the grey color, but it's not so bad on my blue paint.

I am currently considering one of two options....selling this top as the canvas and windows only (keeping the hardware) and selling the complete PE top with frame/hardware/etc, then buying a Bestop Replace-a-Top (using the 2005 OEM frame/hardware) as I should've done in the first place. Option 2 is selling both complete setups...canvas/windows/frames/hardware/etc and getting the Bestop Trektop NX or Rampage Fastback frameless and saying "eff off" to the frame setups.

(parking garage at work this morning)

Unread 08-16-2011, 11:58 AM   #86
mallard15
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Rampage top FTW

Yukon 4.10 R&P Gears Set (300$) PM me
mallard15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2011, 10:49 AM   #87
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I sold the black top setup a couple weeks ago. I just picked up a set of brand new OEM windows (all three) for $170 this past weekend. They are tinted and have never been used.
I am still considering selling the whole setup and going with the Bestop Trektop NX, but at least for now, having the OEM sailcloth is fantastic....just wish it was black diamond.

This morning, I installed an auxillary input for my Alpine headunit. I rigged up a flush mount, dash mounted input. This aux input terminates at a 3.5mm headphone jack. That allows me to plug in any device to play through the stereo, but I did this specifically so I can plug my Evo 4G in. I use the Ipod/USB connection for music through the Ipod, but the phone is great for Pandora, as well as music stored on it.

I picked up these three parts from Ebay for about $12 total.

Next on the list there is a bracket to mount/hold my phone.
Unread 09-15-2011, 12:58 PM   #88
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Nothing exciting to report other than my switch from Otrattw came in.
If I could stay home from work travel long enough, I might actually get it installed and the winshield lights wired up.

Unread 09-15-2011, 03:00 PM   #89
hallsofstone
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Nice rocker switch!

I found a similar deal on a $75 OEM top in the tan variety with tinted windows. Saw it pop up on CL and responded within 20 minutes, left work early and bought it. To my surprise, it was basically brand new in box as the PO prefered the hard top before his daughter totaled the Jeep. Really lucked out on that one, personally. He wouldn't take any more $ for it...I offered just to be fair. If I was you, I'd have sold both undesireable tops and simply bought a new Bestop and been done with it.

Very cool project!

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."
H. L. Mencken - US editor (1880 - 1956)

K.C.C.O. [url]www.thechive.com[/url]
hallsofstone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2011, 08:44 PM   #90
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks!

I actually am selling both tops....well, already sold the black Pavement Ends top. As soon as I get home from S.C. I am going to list the grey top on Ebay.

I am going to put that $ toward a Bestop Trektop NX with those proceeds.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.