TXST8tj - 2001 TJ build - Page 25 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > TXST8tj - 2001 TJ build

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 10-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #361
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Something cool I have been working on for the garage.....a metal work table.

I had some steel that needed a project, and a need for a solid mobile table to cut/weld metal, so here we go. My wife does not approve of me 'making sparks' in the garage, so I need to be able to wheel this out to the driveway when she is home...haha.

I still need to add some more material for grinder holders, clamp holder, cord holder, etc., but the basic idea is there.

The top and bottom shelf are only 3/16" because I had a full 4x6 sheet with nothing else to do with. I say "only" because I would've preferred a 1/4" top, but couldn't see the need to buy a new piece of steel when I think what I have will fit my needs fine. The legs and frame underneath the top and shelf are 2x2x1/4" angle.

The bottom of the table top and shelf are fully ribbed with 1/4" angle.

There is a torch holder on the left side just under the table top. On the right, there is a heavy wall pipe for a receiver. I have the vice on one mount and a bench grinder on another mount. The idea is to be able to drop them on the shelf below when not in use for unobstructed use of the table top. A square receiver would've been easier, but the tube was on hand.

The idea is for the little Lincoln welder to sit on the lower shelf. I want to add a base off to the side down by the welding machine for a small gas bottle.

TXST8tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #362
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

We did our walk-through on the house with the 'super today. We are scheduled to close next Thursday! It has been a long road, but so happy it's almost done.

In related news, the garage floor coating folks will be out as soon as we sign the papers to start on the epoxy floor.

Unread 10-10-2013, 02:24 PM   #363
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

congrats on the little girl...I just had one last month as well
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2013, 07:20 PM   #364
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

You really do need more power!!!!!

I have twin daughters. Nice house!!!
Unread 10-11-2013, 09:02 AM   #365
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
congrats on the little girl...I just had one last month as well
Thanks! and CONGRATS to you too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuder View Post
You really do need more power!!!!!

I have twin daughters. Nice house!!!
More power??
I can't imagine twins...and girls at that. You must be a tough dad! Or a pile of mush like I know I am going to be.
Thanks!

I am going to have to get used to the 'tandem' style garage. My 3-car garage at the last house was straight across. The 3-car in this house is just a standard 2-car front, but double deep on the left side.
Unread 10-11-2013, 09:29 AM   #366
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Congrats!

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2013, 07:59 AM   #367
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97 View Post
Congrats!

Sent by a messenger bird
Thanks!!

Made a trade with someone locally. This is going to be good! Now to find a front....

JK Rubi d44. Has factory locker and 4.56 gears. I will set this up with 5.13s from the start.

It has a truss on it from a Rock Kraeler kit that will obviously come off along with every other bracket.
I am planning to get the TNT Customs truss and bracket kit to line everything up for my TJ. I will go ahead and sleeve it while it is torn apart and getting welded on.
I think the PSC diff cover can stay.

In addition to the axle, I scored an ARB heavy duty air compressor setup.
I run a CO2 tank for filling tires, but it is possible the axles could see ARB lockers if I have to upgrade the carriers for higher splined axle shafts.

Unread 10-21-2013, 07:32 AM   #368
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

We closed on the house this past Thursday. I spent the weekend moving small stuff over so we can live. The big move of stuff from storage goes down this Wednesday. In the meantime, I had the garage floor epoxy coated. I definitely spend a lot of time out there and want to set this garage up the way I have wanted to do all the others.....I'm just actually getting it done this time

The company I had do the work uses a product from Arizona Polymers. It is a 4-part, industrial grade epoxy system.
I went with what the company calls "Marble". It is a light grey base coat with black and white chips. I asked them to add some red chips to tie in my overall color scheme.....yes, there will be a color scheme I had them do a 75% broadcast of the chips as I wanted to see some of the grey showing through.

The last coat of clear went on yesterday, so it can be walked on today, but they suggested I wait another 3-5 days before driving on it.

Unread 10-21-2013, 09:54 AM   #369
84jeepcj7rock

Floor looks awesome. My last garage I didn't put the chips on. Just left it a solid color. The chips will lose their luster when you drop a washer or small bolt, but etc. hope you don't drop **** as much as I do. Lol
84jeepcj7rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 10:37 AM   #370
Cavasar
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Floor looks good, I plan on doing the same thing when I get a house.
Unread 10-21-2013, 01:20 PM   #371
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84jeepcj7rock View Post
Floor looks awesome. My last garage I didn't put the chips on. Just left it a solid color. The chips will lose their luster when you drop a washer or small bolt, but etc. hope you don't drop **** as much as I do. Lol
haha....Yes, this concern has bounced around my head. Maybe I will just keep a magnet sweeper around me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavasar View Post
Floor looks good, I plan on doing the same thing when I get a house.
Thanks! Just make sure you do it before you start moving or you will never get it done. That is what happened to me last time. We started moving and the next thing you know, the garage floor is covered with boxes and crap everywhere. It just never got done.
Unread 10-21-2013, 03:21 PM   #372
Holaday
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXST8tj View Post
haha....Yes, this concern has bounced around my head. Maybe I will just keep a magnet sweeper around me.

Thanks! Just make sure you do it before you start moving or you will never get it done. That is what happened to me last time. We started moving and the next thing you know, the garage floor is covered with boxes and crap everywhere. It just never got done.
That was my first project 3 years ago. Maybe someday
Holaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #373
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I need to coat my garage floor. It has 4 windows and central A/C and heat. It also has lights everywhere on the high ceiling. My house was a model home and the garage was the home builders office.
Unread 10-22-2013, 02:03 PM   #374
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuder View Post
I need to coat my garage floor. It has 4 windows and central A/C and heat. It also has lights everywhere on the high ceiling. My house was a model home and the garage was the home builders office.
Jealous about the A/C. I would love to have it. I'm a fat kid, so I come with my own heat source

The headquarters of the company that did my floor is in Dallas. They were very reasonable.

I am getting quotes for wall paint currently; however, I might just brave it myself. I guess with my laser level I should be ok with taping the straight lines.
Unread 10-22-2013, 07:58 PM   #375
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Who was it that did your floor? I need them to give me a quote.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.