TXST8tj - 2001 TJ build - Page 22 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > TXST8tj - 2001 TJ build

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 07-17-2013, 01:06 PM   #316
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Size? Looks great!

Unread 07-17-2013, 01:44 PM   #317
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Goodyear MT/R
35 x 12.50 r 15
TXST8tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 03:14 PM   #318
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Looks great!

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 04:15 PM   #319
MorganDan
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Nicely done! Looking forward to see the rest of the build.
MorganDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 07:39 PM   #320
my98tj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Holy crap that thing looks awesome.
Unread 07-20-2013, 04:28 PM   #321
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97 View Post
Looks great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganDan
Nicely done! Looking forward to see the rest of the build.
Quote:
Originally Posted by my98tj
Holy crap that thing looks awesome.
Thanks folks!!

Got a couple more boxes 'o fun in yesterday.

(one gallon for my TJ, one gallon for my buddy's TJ, and 2 quarts for the golf cart )....small box has the quarts and the Schutz gun.

Unread 07-20-2013, 08:48 PM   #322
steve578

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Where is mine?

My Build Thread.
steve578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 03:56 PM   #323
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve578 View Post
Where is mine?
Hey, let me master the spraying technique and we can do your too! It's really pretty affordable.
Unread 07-22-2013, 04:20 PM   #324
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, this is the point where someone needs to slap me around and tell me to finish some projects before ordering more parts

I have decided to centralize all of the accessory wiring. I am going to set up a board or box to house a fuse panel and relays, with a common 12V and ground. I figure with a 50" light bar, pair of duallys, 13" light bar, CB radio, winch, sub amp, rock lights to come, camera setup to come, etc. it is time to get this cleaned up. The amp, winch, and this setup should be the only items connected directly to the battery.

I started by ordering 10 relays with female connectors with pigtails. The female connectors are not completely necessary, but they make the connection fool proof and the color coded wires will help my brain, and it needs all it can get these days. I don't need 10 today, but of course will be adding items as time goes on...rock lights, cameras, rear lights, etc. so better to have extra ready to go now.

I really like the Blue Sea fuse panel as it comes with a cover and labels. Under that cover is a 12 terminal fuse block with ground panel, all with common 12v and ground. What I don't like about this item is the cost. It comes in around $50 shipped. With the concept in my eye, and a cheaper price on my mind, I found this panel. It is a marine fuse panel (14 fuse pictured, but mine ordered with 10) that has all of the same features as the Blue Sea panel, except for the cover. It uses spade connections vs the screw-type of the BS panel. I like the cover and the screw-type connections, but I liked the $19 price tag of this one better.

My next step is to decide whether I will mount these to a flat panel or inside a box. I like the idea of a plastic 'project box' like you can get from Radio Shack. The fit will be tight, which is fine other than the process of mounting everything in there. The option to seal it water tight is appealing; however, I am not really sure that is necessary considering nothing is that way currently.

The final step is going to be finding a multi wire loom that I can run from the box behind the dash to the switches. All of my lights are and will be switched using custom OTRATTW switches.
Unread 07-22-2013, 05:28 PM   #325
bclark11

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXST8tj
Ok, this is the point where someone needs to slap me around and tell me to finish some projects before ordering more parts

I have decided to centralize all of the accessory wiring. I am going to set up a board or box to house a fuse panel and relays, with a common 12V and ground. I figure with a 50" light bar, pair of duallys, 13" light bar, CB radio, winch, sub amp, rock lights to come, camera setup to come, etc. it is time to get this cleaned up. The amp, winch, and this setup should be the only items connected directly to the battery.

I started by ordering 10 relays with female connectors with pigtails. The female connectors are not completely necessary, but they make the connection fool proof and the color coded wires will help my brain, and it needs all it can get these days. I don't need 10 today, but of course will be adding items as time goes on...rock lights, cameras, rear lights, etc. so better to have extra ready to go now.

I really like the Blue Sea fuse panel as it comes with a cover and labels. Under that cover is a 12 terminal fuse block with ground panel, all with common 12v and ground. What I don't like about this item is the cost. It comes in around $50 shipped. With the concept in my eye, and a cheaper price on my mind, I found this panel. It is a marine fuse panel (14 fuse pictured, but mine ordered with 10) that has all of the same features as the Blue Sea panel, except for the cover. It uses spade connections vs the screw-type of the BS panel. I like the cover and the screw-type connections, but I liked the $19 price tag of this one better.

My next step is to decide whether I will mount these to a flat panel or inside a box. I like the idea of a plastic 'project box' like you can get from Radio Shack. The fit will be tight, which is fine other than the process of mounting everything in there. The option to seal it water tight is appealing; however, I am not really sure that is necessary considering nothing is that way currently.

The final step is going to be finding a multi wire loom that I can run from the box behind the dash to the switches. All of my lights are and will be switched using custom OTRATTW switches.
I have been wanting to do the same thing. I really like the sPod but too pricey to justify.

Go for it!

On another note... I need your help! I am trying to diagnose a weird knocking noise in my suspension. Can't figure it out. Let me know if you have some free time this week and ill swing by.

My TJ Build Thread...
bclark11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 08:14 PM   #326
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, I like the sPod too, but it doesn't come cheap. If I execute this properly, it will have a similar result, just tailored to my needs.

I would be happy to give you a hand/ear/whatev. We are flying out to Kentucky Thursday evening for a few days....queue Deliverance music....and I have a couple bumper installs tomorrow after work, so let's shoot for Wednesday.
Unread 07-25-2013, 03:32 PM   #327
Renegade88
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Read your build, jeep looks great!

PanhandlePierFishing.com
Renegade88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013, 08:29 AM   #328
bclark11

2004 TJ Wrangler 

FYI... Thought these vids may come in handy.

It was great meeting you and your wife the other day. Have a great weekend.

My TJ Build Thread...
bclark11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #329
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks Ben! It was great meeting you too. I hope you are on track to getting that noise worked out.

I just saw those videos the other day. I do like the idea of the clear pelican case. They make some larger ones (still small) that I might look in to.
Unread 08-02-2013, 12:51 PM   #330
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Just dropped off the new windshield light brackets with the powder coater. I should have those next week. I have another item coming that I am really excited about. I will share when it comes in.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.