TXST8tj - 2001 TJ build - Page 20 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > TXST8tj - 2001 TJ build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 05-10-2013, 01:28 PM   #286
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Why do you keep removing the whole fenders and putting them back on? Are you ditching the highlines

Unread 05-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #287
Side_Project
2007 JK Wrangler 

Great build!!
Unread 05-10-2013, 05:38 PM   #288
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09 View Post
Why do you keep removing the whole fenders and putting them back on? Are you ditching the highlines
I had only removed the stock fender once so that I could start building the hi-lines. I got invited to go wheeling and since the hi-lines have not even been started, I just reinstalled the stock fender so I could make the trip.

I really wish I could just get the TNT Customs phantom hi-lines, but I am putting the money elsewhere. I will eventually get started on these dang fenders. I know once I get started it won't take long....just have to actually get started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Side_Project View Post
Great build!!
Thanks! I am really starting to have fun with it.
TXST8tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2013, 09:50 AM   #289
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

So slight change in plans. I, for lack of better words, bailed on my rockers.
I broke down and just ordered the Genright mini-boatsides. Should be here in the next day or two.

Too many things going on and my DIY stuff is just not getting done. However, at the same time, I still want the Jeep projects to continue moving forward.
I can find time to bolt stuff on, but doing mock-ups, fit-ups, cutting, welding, drilling, etc is just not working for me so well right now.

I still plan to build the hi-line fenders with the materials I have in hand.
Unread 05-14-2013, 10:28 AM   #290
steve578

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Patrick, I am looking at a few different options for my build. Would you be interested in some 17" Pintler beadlocks (5)? Just looking at some different scenarios.

My Build Thread.
steve578 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2013, 01:45 PM   #291
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I don't think so. Although I gouged one at BVORR the other weekend, my wheels are brand new. More than that, I am stepping up to a 35" tire, so the 15" will be better for that.
If I was ready for 37s, I would be all over them.

What are you looking at going with? Probably need to look over at COR for your build thread .

I might have to sell an organ to pay for it, but keep me in mind for that front axle of yours when you convince your wife to complete your set of RJ d60s. haha.
Unread 05-19-2013, 11:07 PM   #292
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

So I got an email Friday telling me that the plain boatsides are no longer offered by Genright. I really don't want side rails, but I want the mini-boatsides....so I am just going to go ahead and get their version that has side rails.

I suppose it won't be all bad, I know they have their benefits, steps in general typically just get in my way since my legs are so long.
Unread 05-20-2013, 01:04 PM   #293
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

So I have been trying to get working on mounting the 50" LED bar. I posted pictures of the Genright windshield armor that I purchased to build the mounts off of.

I ordered the same guards to make some for a buddy for his 50" bar.

My work pace is not as fast as he would like, so we ordered a set of the PSC mounts to get them moving faster.

I bolted the PSC mounts to my TJ to do a test fit with the 50" bar and it comes short about 2".

I am at the spot now where I suppose a 1" spacer for each side will be needed, along with longer bolts. I am going to swing by ACE to see what they have to take care of that.

I still plan to add to the Genright mounts as I prefer their fit better than the PSC. The PSC mounts are 3/16" steel vs the Genright 1/8"; however, I don't see this as being any sort of issue for the application. I actually plan to build my bracket add-ons similar to the styling of the PSC mounts for the JK, which has some bracing in it.

Some comparison shots...

Also, my Rigid Ind. 20" light bar mount came in for my F-250.

Unread 05-28-2013, 11:23 PM   #294
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

The Genright Mini-Boatside rockers (with steps ) came in today. Not telling when I will have time to install them.

Unread 05-30-2013, 09:41 AM   #295
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I found a few spare moments yesterday evening to mess with the PSC brackets for the 50" bar. The PSC brackets (two sets) are actually going on my buddy's TJ and his daughter's TJ; I am just getting them basically set up and ready to go.

The light bar falls about 1.25" short from reaching both sides of the mounts, so a small spacer will be used on each side of the light to take up that space. Other than that, they install great and look awesome.

I ordered some Genright light tabs to weld on to the PSC mounts to allow the Duallys to be mounted as well. I tacked those on last night and brought them in to work with me to have the guys do their magic with them.

It is hard to capture light output, especially inside. This is with the garage doors closed and all garage lights out.

Unread 05-30-2013, 02:41 PM   #296
Holaday
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Nice progress! Jeep looks great man
Holaday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2013, 03:59 PM   #297
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holaday View Post
Nice progress! Jeep looks great man
Thanks!!!

In other news, we just sold our house....well, in the option period of selling it. It didn't even hit the market and it was sold.

We are not moving far, but moving into a much better development. We are building this house from the ground up. They are scheduled to break ground June 11th.

It is a much bigger home and I will still have a 3-car garage; however, it will be a tandem style 3rd car bay.

Oh yeah, and I get a theater room
Unread 06-03-2013, 12:50 PM   #298
bclark11

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXST8tj

Thanks!!!

In other news, we just sold our house....well, in the option period of selling it. It didn't even hit the market and it was sold.

We are not moving far, but moving into a much better development. We are building this house from the ground up. They are scheduled to break ground June 11th.

It is a much bigger home and I will still have a 3-car garage; however, it will be a tandem style 3rd car bay.

Oh yeah, and I get a theater room
Congrats!

My TJ Build Thread...
bclark11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2013, 10:10 AM   #299
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks!
The inspector was out this morning. The appraisal is next week, and then they want to close ASAP. No problem for us....just a little concerned about how long the garage is going to take to get packed up

They are supposed to break ground on the new house next week. We will be on our cruise, so hopefully we'll come back to some slight progress.
Unread 06-27-2013, 09:04 AM   #300
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Not much new with the Jeep. We are just about moved out of the house. I have another evening in the garage to get my tools together and clean the workbench.
Everything is in storage until the new house is completed in October

I do have quick access to all of my Jeep parts and tools, so I will be able to get some work done on it in the meantime (while we live at my mother-in-laws).

Jeep sitting patiently for attention at my mother-in-law's house.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.