TXST8tj - 2001 TJ build - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > TXST8tj - 2001 TJ build

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 03-25-2013, 04:50 PM   #241
bclark11

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXST8tj
Ordered a Tom Woods SYE and CV rear ds. No telling when they will get installed, but I couldn't pass up on the opportunity. The DS might need to be modified since I am only going to be running 2" of suspension lift, but I'll take care of that when it's time.

For now, one more thing off the check list.
Also, let me know before you install. If love to come watch and learn before I do mine.

My TJ Build Thread...
bclark11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2013, 06:20 PM   #242
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclark11 View Post
Get a good deal? Where from and how much? I need to do a SYE bad.
I'll send you a message about that.
Quote:
Also, let me know before you install. If love to come watch and learn before I do mine.
Sounds good. Although at my snail pace, you could order yours next year and beat me to it. Hahaha.

I will probably do a Novak shifter linkage at the same time.
TXST8tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2013, 04:13 PM   #243
jdunk813
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Great build so far! I'm in Cinco Ranch-- we should meet up and wheel some time. Are you the guy on Craigslist that does lift installs?
I thought the same thing when I first clicked into the build. Looks great so far. I personally love the PSC hood louver. Definitely on my short list for upgrades to my TJ.

I also thought that parking garage looks familiar, but no need to discuss work here.
Unread 03-27-2013, 10:20 AM   #244
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks! I really like the hood louver. It definitely gives it a unique look, especially since I haven't seen anyone else around here with it.

What parking garage do you speak of?
Unread 03-27-2013, 12:35 PM   #245
jdunk813
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The pic you had earlier showed a parking garage that looks like one at westway park on clay at the beltway.
Unread 03-27-2013, 01:17 PM   #246
jdunk813
2004 TJ Wrangler 

(parking garage at work this morning)

[/QUOTE]

These. Sorry for the double post. The first reply was on my mobile.
Unread 03-27-2013, 03:19 PM   #247
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdunk813 View Post
(parking garage at work this morning)

These. Sorry for the double post. The first reply was on my mobile.
Ahhh! No, that was my parking garage off Eldridge and Memorial when I was in the Energy Corridor. (I don't miss that commute!!!!!)
I am now out on the north west side of Katy, almost to Brookshire/Pattison.

...and that was the top I bought for $75 and sold for a couple hundred to help fund the Trektop NX.
Unread 04-05-2013, 11:45 AM   #248
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Got a few more goodies ordered from Genright.

These will serve multiple purpose.

Those windshield guards will be getting these added, as well as something else fun. More to come on that later.

It's also time to add some rear corner armor. I am making good progress on my rocker guards, but I want the corner armor in so I precisely mount the rockers.
I decided to go with a standard location and opening for the wheel well. At some point, I would expect to do some sort of stretch, but I would rather not wait until then to get corner armor (made for a stretch). At that time, I can either modify these to facilitate a stretch, or sell them and start over.

Unread 04-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #249
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Oh, my SYE and CV ds came in the other day.
Again, not sure when I will be ready to install them, but the first step is having them on hand.

Unread 04-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #250
jeepster1407
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I cant wait to see what you have in store with the Genright windshield guards!!! I was thinking of getting a set. Please post up pictures when you get them installed.
jeepster1407 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2013, 06:44 PM   #251
janesy86
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Nice purchases!

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2013, 02:32 PM   #252
bclark11

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXST8tj
Oh, my SYE and CV ds came in the other day.
Again, not sure when I will be ready to install them, but the first step is having them on hand.
Sweet! What brand Shaft is that?

My TJ Build Thread...
bclark11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2013, 03:13 PM   #253
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86 View Post
Nice purchases!
Thanks! I made another purchase, but I'll wait til the stuff gets here to show
Quote:
Sweet! What brand Shaft is that?
It is a Rough Country shaft.....they don't make it, but a local driveline shop supplies them.
I thought it was going to be a Tom Woods, so when it came in as not TW, I called and they said they send them out as either....depending on supply at the time and model/version you're ordering.
They feel the parts are equal and it's all warrantied through RC, so I'm not worried about it.
Unread 04-14-2013, 09:34 PM   #254
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Stopped by Best Buy this evening. I've been keeping an eye on the previous year Alpine amps. The new models have been out for a little while now and the previous year model has been on sale. I need/wanted a new sub amp and the MRP-M500 is just the ticket. I picked it up for $150 out the door with 4-year warranty. Not that it is necessary at all, but this stays in my Jeep's Alpine family....Alpine headunit, Alpine Power Pack 4-channel amp. This perfectly matches my JL Audio 10w0v2 sub (300w RMS).
I will be working up an under-the-steering column mount for it.

*In case anyone is in the market, the 4-channel Alpine V-Power (MRP-M300 I think) is on clearance for $130. Hard to beat the prices on these. Great amps for super cheap....and they are small.

Unread 04-14-2013, 09:53 PM   #255
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Since the Jeep will be in and out of commission, I wanted to be able to easily move it around the garage to work on it. While I have a 3-car garage and the Jeep has it's own space, sometimes it's just nice to work on it in the middle of the garage.
So I picked up some wheel dollies from Harbor Freight. Each one is good for 1500 lbs, and the Jeeps moves around the garage with ease. It's pretty cool to be able to turn the Jeep in all directions if needed, and shove it all the way to one side if I need it out of the way. Ideally it won't be parked for too long, but I have a lot of projects to get moving on.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.