TXST8tj - 2001 TJ build - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > TXST8tj - 2001 TJ build

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 12-29-2011, 12:28 PM   #136
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

We did, but Mrs. erickpl kinda moped. She was hanging in the Xbox area looking at stuff so I had a feeling. Never took it from the box and said I'd install it later and restore my data later. Didn't feel like doing it. Daughter told me that Mrs.erickpl really wanted an Xbox... I knew. So we headed back and braved the return line to return it unopened (they appreciated that!) and got an XBox with Fable III and Halo:Reach included. Also gave us a $75 gift card, so I suspect she'll be playing Skyrim soon.

I'll see about getting you those measurements today and putting them in your home email box shortly...

Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2011, 01:22 PM   #137
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Information sent...
Green Jeep Member #155

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
Unread 12-29-2011, 02:57 PM   #138
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Nice uhh...un-rebuild. Like where your going with it. That JL sub is badass dude! I ran JL's many moons ago and have always liked them. My build has some similarities to yours sept I doubt I'll ever see 37's on mine. Let me know how you like the Alpine amp for running the dash/pods. I have a separate amp mounted under the seat but would like to get rid of that setup for a more stealth setup.
bobthetj03 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2011, 06:36 AM   #139
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I had to tease myself.

I am going to work the passenger side first so I can still drive it. I have the Tuffy drawer to deal with on the driver's side, so I need to have my brackets pretty well ready by the time I get to that side.

You leave the door open in the garage for two minutes and the beast makes himself comfortable.

TXST8tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2011, 06:48 AM   #140
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
Nice uhh...un-rebuild. Like where your going with it. That JL sub is badass dude! I ran JL's many moons ago and have always liked them. My build has some similarities to yours sept I doubt I'll ever see 37's on mine. Let me know how you like the Alpine amp for running the dash/pods. I have a separate amp mounted under the seat but would like to get rid of that setup for a more stealth setup.
Thanks. I am not moving as fast as I would like to, but that seems to be fairly normal. The extra money I make from my "side job" has been going toward new light fixtures and window shutters for the house instead of Jeep parts.
The discussion of vehicles came up at dinner last night with family. Somewhere in there my wife made mention of how small and 'stock' the Jeep is. I'm sure my facial expression said all that was needed.

I am doing some things out of order from other people, and not necessarily focusing on the initial things a lot of people do. I can't say a small spacer lift is not in my future to hold me over, but I am not completely ready to tackle the suspension yet.

The next thing on my list to grab are the Soft 8 wheels. I will be due for new tires within the coming year, and I would like to have the new wheels portion taken care of before then to help spread out that expense. I will likely be going with a 33" tire. I am still considering just going with 31s to compliment my stock gearing, but I do miss having a larger tire, even if just for the look.

After that, I am looking to get a new front bumper (Jeeperman "Super Stubby" and Genright trail hoop and stinger). I would also like to slip that Alpine "Power Pack" in there somewhere so I can "finish" the stereo portion of this.
Unread 12-30-2011, 07:59 AM   #141
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, wive's comments about size and power have a way of having us make that face, eh? My wife's comment about size and power of my TJ while on a wheeling trip led to the lift, lockers, and regear! lol Then THAT led to 'needing a winch' in case (HER WORDS).

So sometimes it works out.

Usually not though. lol
Green Jeep Member #155

Unread 01-02-2012, 12:35 PM   #142
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

The DDM Tuning HID kit came in a couple days ago.
Now I just have to wait for the new housings.

Unread 01-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #143
Jeremylerv
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXST8tj View Post
The DDM Tuning HID kit came in a couple days ago.
Now I just have to wait for the new housings.

What bulb type did you end up getting?
(o)_)____(o)_)--o)_)
Jeremylerv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2012, 12:48 PM   #144
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

They are the 55w/5000k H4 hi/lo with wiring harness.

My buddy has the 6000k, but I find them too blue. He likes them because they are the same color as the HIDs in his Tahoe.
I prefer as close to white as possible. We have the DDM Tuning HIDs in my wife's Suburban in the 5000k flavor and they are perfect.
Unread 01-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #145
Dogbones
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Looking at those stickers and decals the P.O. put on the rig I definately would do exactly as you are, de-assemble whatever they did and reassemble it your own way..With decals like those I would've been scared to drive that thing 2 feet. Looking great so far, your doing the right thing
Dogbones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2012, 12:56 PM   #146
steve578

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I still need to come over to see the Jeep.

My Build Thread.
steve578 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2012, 12:58 PM   #147
steve578

2006 LJ Wrangler 

If you still need measurements on the Tuffy console, you can take a look at mine.

My Build Thread.
steve578 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2012, 06:45 PM   #148
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Steve, you do need to come over. You can come over and make some brackets for my seats....hahaha. Joking, I wouldn't torture you like that.

I actually just started on the first bracket today. I need to shift it over a couple inches toward the center to clear the door and rollbar. It was enough work to see what I'm working with. If I don't get enough room from shifting it on the brackets I made, I think I'll just pony up and buy the Corbeau bracket.

Unread 01-03-2012, 06:53 AM   #149
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I used a tcase drop kit that wasn't used on someone's lift install. The 1.5" x 1.5" square tube gave me something to clear the mechanisms on the OEM sliders and a little more width to offset mounting holes.

After sleeping on it, I realize that the tube by itself is not going to give me enough flexibility in width to shift the seat over the 2"-3" I need.
Two strips of flat steel across the tube would give me all the mounting surface I need to set the seat where it needs to be. That part will require welding so I will need to source some help there.
The "skyjacker" tcase drop is only being used for mock-up, so I need to get more tube and the flat steel. Whatever that costs (enough to make brackets for both seats), plus welding might make the Corbeau brackets worth it......

Unread 01-03-2012, 07:01 AM   #150
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

On the upside, I did get some help from my 4-year old. I'm not sure what it was...something with the windshield he said...but he was happy to help.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.