Turbo TJ Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Turbo TJ Build

Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-25-2013, 09:10 AM   #1
shaggylemur

Turbo TJ Build

Well I've been lurking for far too long without starting a build thread so here we go.
This started off as a straight trade for my Mazda in Easley, SC. I was happy till I realized the lack of a** on the highway; going from being able to cruise at well over 90 to being limited to 82mph top speed was a bit of an issue in Atlanta.
I started looking around to try to find a viable swap. I went through the "I want a 4bt" stage that ended quickly when I looked at the weight of one.
The 4.0 looked promising but ended up that it was going to cost much more than I wanted to spend on my motor.
Coming from the Import world where when you have a power problem you just slap a turbo on it, I made the most logical decision and decided I would go against the crowd. I bought a turbo kit. It is actually a custom kit built by a shop in Asheville. So without further delay I'll start to share as much information as I possibly can. The turbo is already mounted on the bracket as a mockup. It is a Borg Warner 53mm.
Ill even add in my suspension build as it comes to fruition.

Last edited by shaggylemur; 12-02-2013 at 11:18 AM.. Reason: image update
shaggylemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 09:11 AM   #2
shaggylemur

saved for pics
Unread 09-25-2013, 09:12 AM   #3
shaggylemur

saved for pic

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.