tube yj's 06 Rubicon Unlimited build - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > tube yj's 06 Rubicon Unlimited build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 05-05-2010, 08:32 PM   #61
TennesseeTJ02
2002 TJ Wrangler 

nice LJ man

[COLOR="White"]White Jeep Club Member #78[/COLOR]
2002 Jeep Wrangler, Currie, Savvy RE, Warn, Undercover Fab, Poison Spyder, T&T, KC, 33's
TennesseeTJ02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2010, 08:48 PM   #62
WtrHamer97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep is looking good , and I like the new decals
Unread 05-05-2010, 08:59 PM   #63
cajunfireman
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Looks great. Seeing a bike fit in there makes me wish mine was an LJ. Can't wait to see it finished.

[COLOR="Red"][B]Firefighter Jeep Club Member #337[/B][/COLOR]

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." -John 15:13

Fight Crime....Shoot Back

[B]I'll keep my money, my guns, and my freedom. You can stick the change up your ***.[/B]
cajunfireman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2010, 11:38 AM   #64
TURBOLOVE96
2003 TJ Wrangler 

what days are you going to be in co and ut?
2003 Tj 4.0L auto 35" tires 3" teraflex lift RJC member #569
TURBOLOVE96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2010, 01:23 PM   #65
tube yj
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOLOVE96 View Post
what days are you going to be in co and ut?
I will be in Denver on June 6th and 7th then we are heading to the crested butte area for a few days, then on to Moab, and swinging back through Ouray on our way home June13th. We will stay in Ouray for a few days too.

We are really looking forward to the trip
tube yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2010, 07:45 PM   #66
TURBOLOVE96
2003 TJ Wrangler 

We are heading to moab on the 19th of may and if we were going to be there at the same time i was going to suggest we hit up a trail together.
2003 Tj 4.0L auto 35" tires 3" teraflex lift RJC member #569
TURBOLOVE96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2010, 08:48 PM   #67
tube yj
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOLOVE96 View Post
We are heading to moab on the 19th of may and if we were going to be there at the same time i was going to suggest we hit up a trail together.
Right on, Well the reason we are going up there is for me to start trying to find a job in the denver area, so if all goes well I may be asking you to show me around a little at some point.
Unread 05-06-2010, 08:59 PM   #68
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

That is a pretty sweet LJ. I have seen this thread before.

So why did you decide to stop with small tires after having such a built truck?
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2010, 09:31 AM   #69
tube yj
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
That is a pretty sweet LJ. I have seen this thread before.

So why did you decide to stop with small tires after having such a built truck?
Honestly, nothing was really that challenging anymore, and my wife and I were having more fun on moderate runs and exploration. It really came to a head in Moab a few years back, we would find these awesome spots to camp in the back-country but could not make camp because you know that you and your friend both have nice tow rigs and trailers sitting in a parking lot somewhere.

Also, it really got old maintaining a tow rig, trailer, and non street legal rig and only using the toyota a few times a year. (I did the math on it and adding all of the insurance, registration, maintenance, upgrades, fuel and other factors for a year, we were paying a few thousand dollars a trip to take the toyota out)

We have been into the body damage and carnage type wheeling for about 10 years now, we wanted a change of pace. I am sure this truck will eventually get a little more hardcore, but not unless I move up to colorado or somewhere with better wheeling spots.

Also, I will never have a non street worthy truck again. It is really nice to be able to take the machine you pour so much time and money into out to dinner or to the store, not have it hidden away in your garage.

These are just my feelings after having a trailer queen for so long. I see alot of people going this route around here, alot of buggies being sold off for TJs etc.
Unread 05-09-2010, 05:08 PM   #70
tube yj
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I have been working on Planning out our trip and it is really getting exciting, although it seems like we are jumping in to the deep end with this wheeling/camping thing.

Here are a few stats so far:
20 Trails and Passes in 8 days (wheeling near Crested Butte, Moab, and Ouray)
With driving distances my GPS setup is showing 2975 miles round trip.

We have been getting a ton of camping gear ready for this, and we still have a few things to pick up. As for the Jeep, my wishlist before the trip is:
1.25 JKS BL ans MML
Full Size Spare
CB Radio setup
Mount HiLift

Hopefully I can get all of this done in the next 26 days
Unread 05-09-2010, 06:33 PM   #71
Cilaes
2004 TJ Wrangler 

BEAUTIFUL LJ, tube. I like where you're going with it. Not extremely crazy about the look of those long hard tops, but then again I'm not extremely crazy about my short one either =]
'04 Rubicon; 33x12.5R15 Goodyear Duratrac's; 15x8 Unique 297 Wheels; 2.5" RC Sus. Lift; RC 1.25" BL; RC Steering Stabilizer; Hidden Hitch; Green LED Guage Lights; MY BUILD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/oh-my-darlin-04-rubi-1032255/
Cilaes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2010, 06:55 PM   #72
jeeptrash
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Looks great, i love my Rubi LJ. Use mine much the same way you intend on using yours. Being a fairly capable rig to get me anywhere around here i want to go camping and what not. I steer clear of the body damage type of wheeling though!
Unread 05-14-2010, 09:50 AM   #73
tube yj
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilaes View Post
BEAUTIFUL LJ, tube. I like where you're going with it. Not extremely crazy about the look of those long hard tops, but then again I'm not extremely crazy about my short one either =]
See its kind of weird because I like the way the hard top looks, but I will get one of those frameless soft tops at some point down the road.
Unread 05-14-2010, 09:52 AM   #74
tube yj
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbs View Post
Looks great, i love my Rubi LJ. Use mine much the same way you intend on using yours. Being a fairly capable rig to get me anywhere around here i want to go camping and what not. I steer clear of the body damage type of wheeling though!
Yeah I have to focus real hard to not get into body damage type situations. So far so good.

As for an update one the jeep, we are leaving in 21 days. I have almost all of our camping stuff together, and I am starting some mods on the hot camp shower I just bought. Also , I ordered up the JKS BL ans MML from a vendor here on the board so that should be installed in the next week
Unread 05-29-2010, 02:36 PM   #75
tube yj
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tube yj View Post
Yeah I have to focus real hard to not get into body damage type situations. So far so good.

As for an update one the jeep, we are leaving in 21 days. I have almost all of our camping stuff together, and I am starting some mods on the hot camp shower I just bought. Also , I ordered up the JKS BL ans MML from a vendor here on the board so that should be installed in the next week
Everything is done now and the LJ is ready for our Colorado/Utah road trip. We leave in a week, so I am excited to see how the jeep handles the trip.

Here are some shots with the BL and MML installed along with the full size spare and cb

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.