Transmission issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Transmission issues

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep seats at Jeephut.comEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-29-2015, 10:54 PM   #1
Leebarkley

Transmission issues

Help!
I have a 1995 grand Cherokee that I just use for a town runner. (Auto trans 4x4) Jumped in it this morning and noticed the O/D button was lit, which means it's off, backed out of the drive way ok, then put it in drive and it drove off slugish and felt like it was in a high gear while the shifter was in "D". I manually moved the shifter to "1" and I only felt it drop 1 gear. By the RPM and speed I figure that while the shifter is in "1" the trans is actually in second gear and while its in "D" it's in third with no O/D. So I have no 1st gear and while in "D" it's stuck in third and won't downshift or go into O/D. I drove it around for awhile because I had to get things done today, I manually shifted it and limped it home. Transmission fluid level is good and I odvesalliy pushed the O/D button to try to turn it on which resulted in nothing. Reverse, neutral and park are good to go. Any ideas on where I should start for troubleshooting? Thanks folks

Leebarkley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.