Total CJ7 rebuild from bottom to top - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Total CJ7 rebuild from bottom to top

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-11-2013, 03:44 PM   #1
makarwich1969
1983 CJ7 

Total CJ7 rebuild from bottom to top

I am wanting to rebuild my '83 CJ7 from bottom to top, but want some mods along the way. There are really only 3 things I want to modify:
1. What does it take to change the front suspension to coil over versus leaf springs?
2. Would it be possible to buy a CJ8 frame and tub and use most everything else from a CJ7 to make up the rest?
3. How can I rebuild my 4.2L and incorporate an EFI system?

That's really all I want to do as far as mods. Can anyone help me get started in the right direction?

MM

makarwich1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 05:42 PM   #2
84jeepcj7rock

Converting to C/O can be difficult to do well. If you haven't done this type of thing, I would suggest getting a kit from a company like Genright. They do not have the cheapest stuff, but I have had great experience with their products. I went with King C/O primarily b/c they had a great reputation and were willing to swap spring rates till I found what worked.
Everything from a 7 and 8 are interchangeable except the obvious part of swapping tubes. Fenders hood grill dash etc are all the same.
I have not converted to EFI yet but you can go to Summit or Jegs. Howell, Edelbrock Holley and a few newcomers all make kits.
84jeepcj7rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 08:57 PM   #3
twinstickd20
Cause 2 is better than 1

1979 CJ7 

I run the mopar mpfi kit on my 4.2 and absolutely love it.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.