Total CJ7 rebuild from bottom to top - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Total CJ7 rebuild from bottom to top

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 09-11-2013, 04:44 PM   #1
makarwich1969
1983 CJ7 

Total CJ7 rebuild from bottom to top

I am wanting to rebuild my '83 CJ7 from bottom to top, but want some mods along the way. There are really only 3 things I want to modify:
1. What does it take to change the front suspension to coil over versus leaf springs?
2. Would it be possible to buy a CJ8 frame and tub and use most everything else from a CJ7 to make up the rest?
3. How can I rebuild my 4.2L and incorporate an EFI system?

That's really all I want to do as far as mods. Can anyone help me get started in the right direction?

MM

makarwich1969 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 06:42 PM   #2
84jeepcj7rock

Converting to C/O can be difficult to do well. If you haven't done this type of thing, I would suggest getting a kit from a company like Genright. They do not have the cheapest stuff, but I have had great experience with their products. I went with King C/O primarily b/c they had a great reputation and were willing to swap spring rates till I found what worked.
Everything from a 7 and 8 are interchangeable except the obvious part of swapping tubes. Fenders hood grill dash etc are all the same.
I have not converted to EFI yet but you can go to Summit or Jegs. Howell, Edelbrock Holley and a few newcomers all make kits.
84jeepcj7rock is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #3
twinstickd20
Cause 2 is better than 1

1979 CJ7 

I run the mopar mpfi kit on my 4.2 and absolutely love it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.