Tom95YJ's 99 XJ "Black Betty" - Page 25 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Tom95YJ's 99 XJ "Black Betty"

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 02-24-2014, 09:54 PM   #361
DezertTJ
Lost

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Unread 03-01-2014, 07:07 PM   #362
Camfam07
1996 XJ Cherokee 

How do you like those GRABBERS? ive always wanted a pair, but ive never been to sure on that pattern, I believe they have some type of noise/sound deadning compound or something dont they? are they loud on the road? good with mud, snow?? hehe sorry for all the ?'s
Camfam07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2014, 08:36 PM   #363
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camfam07
How do you like those GRABBERS? ive always wanted a pair, but ive never been to sure on that pattern, I believe they have some type of noise/sound deadning compound or something dont they? are they loud on the road? good with mud, snow?? hehe sorry for all the ?'s
On the road they are awesome, they are louder then my KM2's but not by much. On wet roads and snow covered roads they blow away the KM2's but the grabbers are also sipped. As for off road I have not taken then off road on my xj but when they were on my neighbors for a month or two before I bought them from him When he found his unibody was torn in several places. We wheeled it and the were great in the desert terrain and stuck like glue to rocks.
Unread 03-10-2014, 08:44 AM   #364
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Man really like the vents ... Your jeep is looking awesome as always
Unread 03-10-2014, 09:21 AM   #365
Tom95YJ

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project1
Man really like the vents ... Your jeep is looking awesome as always
Thanks. I have a few minor things to do still. When I get a free weekend I'll be repainting the ps fender and header panel the oem shade of black , removing all of the adhesive from the moulding I removed and re doing the bed lined rockers to the lower belt line then various touch ups on the armor gotta spruce it up in the spring for another season of rock rash
Unread 03-10-2014, 10:00 AM   #366
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

That will look clean :-) ... Those fenders look much better painted or bedlined, should look awesome
Unread 03-10-2014, 09:24 PM   #367
Jaxun
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Very nice XJ man. My JCR skid plate is sitting in the garage, havent gotten a chance to put it on yet. How do you like it so far?
Jaxun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2014, 09:52 PM   #368
Tom95YJ

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxun
Very nice XJ man. My JCR skid plate is sitting in the garage, havent gotten a chance to put it on yet. How do you like it so far?
Thanks, I love it and it's holding up great even slamming on it coming off ledges I do recommend spraying it with a rust inhibiter then paint or bedliner I have to repaint mine 2x a year
Unread 03-11-2014, 08:42 AM   #369
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
Thanks, I love it and it's holding up great even slamming on it coming off ledges I do recommend spraying it with a rust inhibiter then paint or bedliner I have to repaint mine 2x a year
Man I took a hard hit at about 40mph with min the other day, bad enough I had to get out and look. two quick sprays of spray paint, and looks just like the day I put it on
Unread 06-09-2014, 04:39 PM   #370
Tom95YJ

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Here's some pics of the XJ's recent outing, I really love the grabbers they hook up so much better then the KM2's, I did suffer some damage bumping the *** up a ledge the rear pivoted to the left the rock slider smashed into a boulder on the side of the jeep breaking off a chunk that rolled up the door and dented the rear door.

Dont be alarmed I was Wheeling on a BLM trail this was the first weekend it was open for the season so the water was all run off coming down the mountain I was not in a stream

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.