Tom95YJ's 99 XJ "Black Betty" - Page 25 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Tom95YJ's 99 XJ "Black Betty"

Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 99551 Ton Heavy Duty Steering Upgrade Kit. New and Improved dStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Reply
Unread 02-24-2014, 09:54 PM   #361
DezertTJ
Lost
 
DezertTJ's Avatar
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 4,521


__________________
06 LJ Rubicon: AZ Backcountry LJ Build
DezertTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2014, 07:07 PM   #362
Camfam07
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tulsa, Ok
Posts: 849
How do you like those GRABBERS? ive always wanted a pair, but ive never been to sure on that pattern, I believe they have some type of noise/sound deadning compound or something dont they? are they loud on the road? good with mud, snow?? hehe sorry for all the ?'s
Camfam07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2014, 08:36 PM   #363
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur
 
Tom95YJ's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 8,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camfam07
How do you like those GRABBERS? ive always wanted a pair, but ive never been to sure on that pattern, I believe they have some type of noise/sound deadning compound or something dont they? are they loud on the road? good with mud, snow?? hehe sorry for all the ?'s
On the road they are awesome, they are louder then my KM2's but not by much. On wet roads and snow covered roads they blow away the KM2's but the grabbers are also sipped. As for off road I have not taken then off road on my xj but when they were on my neighbors for a month or two before I bought them from him When he found his unibody was torn in several places. We wheeled it and the were great in the desert terrain and stuck like glue to rocks.
__________________
'89 YJ The Smurf Build Thread
'99 XJ Black Betty Build Thread
Tom95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2014, 08:44 AM   #364
Project1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,717
Man really like the vents ... Your jeep is looking awesome as always
__________________
[ ]||||||[ ] ... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/98-green-xj-daily-driver-build-996260/
Project1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2014, 09:21 AM   #365
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur
 
Tom95YJ's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 8,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project1
Man really like the vents ... Your jeep is looking awesome as always
Thanks. I have a few minor things to do still. When I get a free weekend I'll be repainting the ps fender and header panel the oem shade of black , removing all of the adhesive from the moulding I removed and re doing the bed lined rockers to the lower belt line then various touch ups on the armor gotta spruce it up in the spring for another season of rock rash
__________________
'89 YJ The Smurf Build Thread
'99 XJ Black Betty Build Thread
Tom95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2014, 10:00 AM   #366
Project1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,717
That will look clean :-) ... Those fenders look much better painted or bedlined, should look awesome
__________________
[ ]||||||[ ] ... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/98-green-xj-daily-driver-build-996260/
Project1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2014, 09:24 PM   #367
Jaxun
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: raleigh, north carolina
Posts: 56
Very nice XJ man. My JCR skid plate is sitting in the garage, havent gotten a chance to put it on yet. How do you like it so far?
Jaxun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2014, 09:52 PM   #368
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur
 
Tom95YJ's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 8,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxun
Very nice XJ man. My JCR skid plate is sitting in the garage, havent gotten a chance to put it on yet. How do you like it so far?
Thanks, I love it and it's holding up great even slamming on it coming off ledges I do recommend spraying it with a rust inhibiter then paint or bedliner I have to repaint mine 2x a year
__________________
'89 YJ The Smurf Build Thread
'99 XJ Black Betty Build Thread
Tom95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2014, 08:42 AM   #369
Project1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
Thanks, I love it and it's holding up great even slamming on it coming off ledges I do recommend spraying it with a rust inhibiter then paint or bedliner I have to repaint mine 2x a year
Man I took a hard hit at about 40mph with min the other day, bad enough I had to get out and look. two quick sprays of spray paint, and looks just like the day I put it on
__________________
[ ]||||||[ ] ... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/98-green-xj-daily-driver-build-996260/
Project1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2014, 04:39 PM   #370
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur
 
Tom95YJ's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 8,331
Here's some pics of the XJ's recent outing, I really love the grabbers they hook up so much better then the KM2's, I did suffer some damage bumping the *** up a ledge the rear pivoted to the left the rock slider smashed into a boulder on the side of the jeep breaking off a chunk that rolled up the door and dented the rear door.

Dont be alarmed I was Wheeling on a BLM trail this was the first weekend it was open for the season so the water was all run off coming down the mountain I was not in a stream






















__________________
'89 YJ The Smurf Build Thread
'99 XJ Black Betty Build Thread
Tom95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2014, 08:07 PM   #371
jeepxj508
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: fall river, ma
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
Here's some pics of the XJ's recent outing, I really love the grabbers they hook up so much better then the KM2's, I did suffer some damage bumping the *** up a ledge the rear pivoted to the left the rock slider smashed into a boulder on the side of the jeep breaking off a chunk that rolled up the door and dented the rear door.

Dont be alarmed I was Wheeling on a BLM trail this was the first weekend it was open for the season so the water was all run off coming down the mountain I was not in a stream























Love the rig man.. Wondering if this is still with the 3.5 with 33s and how much bump stopping did you do/have. I'm looking to run the same size lift with 33x10.5 km2s and not sure how much bump stopping I need to do.
jeepxj508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2014, 04:55 PM   #372
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur
 
Tom95YJ's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 8,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepxj508
Love the rig man.. Wondering if this is still with the 3.5 with 33s and how much bump stopping did you do/have. I'm looking to run the same size lift with 33x10.5 km2s and not sure how much bump stopping I need to do.
Thanks

Those pics are with the 35's which are now on my YJ. The 33's are back on the XJ until I can regear due to tranny temps
__________________
'89 YJ The Smurf Build Thread
'99 XJ Black Betty Build Thread
Tom95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2014, 07:59 PM   #373
QXj97
Registered User
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: fort smith, Arkansas
Posts: 113
could you put a updated list of everything you had while running 35s?
QXj97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2014, 11:49 AM   #374
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur
 
Tom95YJ's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 8,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by QXj97 View Post
could you put a updated list of everything you had while running 35s?

RE 3.5" coils/leafs, Bilstein 5100 shocks, Napier flares, IRO tierod, Tranny cooler, Extended bumpstops, Teraflex Adjustable Upper and Adjustable lower control arms, RE adjustable trackbars
__________________
'89 YJ The Smurf Build Thread
'99 XJ Black Betty Build Thread
Tom95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2014, 01:11 PM   #375
QXj97
Registered User
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: fort smith, Arkansas
Posts: 113
thanks! i really like that setup!
QXj97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.