Tom95YJ's 99 XJ "Black Betty" - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Tom95YJ's 99 XJ "Black Betty"

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.850" LED Light Bar with Overhead Mounting Brackets $69

Reply
Unread 08-19-2012, 10:49 PM   #151
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur
 
Tom95YJ's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 7,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durt_Diver
waynes world! did it go up?
I got all four wheels up the first ledge then my wife started to panic so I backed down off the obstacle. But I am confident that I would have went all the way. I had picked a good line and crawled up the first ledge with no issues at all .

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

__________________
'89 YJ The Smurf Build Thread
'99 XJ Black Betty Build Thread
Tom95YJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2012, 11:31 PM   #152
Durt_Diver
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Rochester Hills, MI
Posts: 2,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
I got all four wheels up the first ledge then my wife started to panic so I backed down off the obstacle. But I am confident that I would have went all the way. I had picked a good line and crawled up the first ledge with no issues at all .

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
pshhhhh! that's the hardest part!
__________________
Jacob - open axle king

March 2012 COTM
Durt_Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 11:28 AM   #153
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur
 
Tom95YJ's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 7,922
That's what I told her lol.



*update *


My 31's were causing me to get death wobble between 43-48 mph so I just ordered a set of 33x10.50 Bfg km2s to solve the issue now to regear and long arm in the spring

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
image-1494127382.jpg   image-547499324.jpg   image-2816992032.jpg  
__________________
'89 YJ The Smurf Build Thread
'99 XJ Black Betty Build Thread
Tom95YJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 07:08 PM   #154
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur
 
Tom95YJ's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 7,922
Here's some better pics of the tires on the jeep

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
image-2587843352.jpg   image-484700919.jpg   image-1219075757.jpg   image-2504862882.jpg   image-1475661292.jpg  

__________________
'89 YJ The Smurf Build Thread
'99 XJ Black Betty Build Thread
Tom95YJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 07:26 PM   #155
311LJ
311Popo
 
311LJ's Avatar
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Springville, Utah
Posts: 7,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durt_Diver

pshhhhh! that's the hardest part!
Not anymore... The middle is WAY more difficult right now. It's polished smooooth. We went a week or so ago and I really had to romp the middle for a while. The JK on new 37's after me had to be strapped up it. When dry or moist the bottom is easy...
__________________
John
04 TJ Unlimited, GenRight Armor, 37's Unlimited Build Thread
89 XJ Laredo, 31's
07 WK Overland, Hemi, Chrome bug deflector
[SOLD] Jimmer 01 WJ *2009 GCOTY* WJ Build Thread
*UTAH JEEPCREW #01*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffjeeper View Post
I ♡ John
311LJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 08:37 PM   #156
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur
 
Tom95YJ's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 7,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by 311LJ

Not anymore... The middle is WAY more difficult right now. It's polished smooooth. We went a week or so ago and I really had to romp the middle for a while. The JK on new 37's after me had to be strapped up it. When dry or moist the bottom is easy...

It was pretty smooth , I've always been told if you can get up the waterfall before the wall at eagles with out any trouble that Wayne's world will be a cake walk. I have seen several Xj's and first gen 4 runners go up Wayne's World like it was nothing. Where wranglers and jku's struggle. I will admit it has been a few months since my last time to 5 mile and it seems like everything had been rutted out .

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
__________________
'89 YJ The Smurf Build Thread
'99 XJ Black Betty Build Thread
Tom95YJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 09:08 PM   #157
luv2offroad
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
Here's some better pics of the tires on the jeep

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Jealous!
__________________
Sometimes "Run To Distruction" is the appropriate trouble shooting technique. ~ CCKEN via Cherokee Technical Forum


Utah Jeep Forum #149
1998 Black XJ
1995 Green XJ -- rolled n sold :D
luv2offroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #158
311LJ
311Popo
 
311LJ's Avatar
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Springville, Utah
Posts: 7,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ

It was pretty smooth , I've always been told if you can get up the waterfall before the wall at eagles with out any trouble that Wayne's world will be a cake walk. I have seen several Xj's and first gen 4 runners go up Wayne's World like it was nothing. Where wranglers and jku's struggle. I will admit it has been a few months since my last time to 5 mile and it seems like everything had been rutted out .

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Well you know Wayne drives an XJ right? it's big and green.

Ya I have walked up Wayne's many many times but this Time was a lot more difficult. Besides, I'm pretty much at Xj length
__________________
John
04 TJ Unlimited, GenRight Armor, 37's Unlimited Build Thread
89 XJ Laredo, 31's
07 WK Overland, Hemi, Chrome bug deflector
[SOLD] Jimmer 01 WJ *2009 GCOTY* WJ Build Thread
*UTAH JEEPCREW #01*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffjeeper View Post
I ♡ John
311LJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2012, 08:17 PM   #159
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur
 
Tom95YJ's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 7,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by 311LJ

Well you know Wayne drives an XJ right? it's big and green.

Ya I have walked up Wayne's many many times but this Time was a lot more difficult. Besides, I'm pretty much at Xj length
Lol. That is true lj's and xj's have a wheelbase that is very close.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
__________________
'89 YJ The Smurf Build Thread
'99 XJ Black Betty Build Thread
Tom95YJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2012, 09:47 PM   #160
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur
 
Tom95YJ's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 7,922
One day last week I cut my fenders front and rear. I did not perform the cut and fold yet but I will get around to it one day. Today I went wheeling with my neighbor and his buddy I was able to test the km2's and I am impressed with them.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
image-2029664328.jpg   image-2068253034.jpg   image-3762171571.jpg   image-1851135700.jpg   image-4237419022.jpg  

image-68035019.jpg   image-1023579160.jpg   image-3245637972.jpg   image-3953243170.jpg   image-4049794742.jpg  

image-199509129.jpg   image-594506140.jpg  
__________________
'89 YJ The Smurf Build Thread
'99 XJ Black Betty Build Thread
Tom95YJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 06:50 PM   #161
azkiker
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Adliya, M.E
Posts: 14
dude.... i love your XJ. Props from Bahrain, Middle east. Great Job
azkiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 09:46 PM   #162
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur
 
Tom95YJ's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 7,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by azkiker
dude.... i love your XJ. Props from Bahrain, Middle east. Great Job
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
__________________
'89 YJ The Smurf Build Thread
'99 XJ Black Betty Build Thread
Tom95YJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2012, 10:01 PM   #163
Jeep1998XJ
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Parker, Colorado
Posts: 32
Nice xj ! good build
Jeep1998XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2012, 11:03 PM   #164
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur
 
Tom95YJ's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 7,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep1998XJ
Nice xj ! good build
Thank you she's still a work in progress

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
__________________
'89 YJ The Smurf Build Thread
'99 XJ Black Betty Build Thread
Tom95YJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 11:04 AM   #165
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur
 
Tom95YJ's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 7,922
Nothing new on the XJ other then some rock rash from my last wheeling trip @ 5 mile pass OHV Area with 90lsTurbo, Petty144 , And his son






















__________________
'89 YJ The Smurf Build Thread
'99 XJ Black Betty Build Thread
Tom95YJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.