Tjs XJs build - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Tjs XJs build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineTruc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Toxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake Line

Unread 06-03-2013, 08:35 PM   #16
Livin2xs
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Got my steal tail light housings in today. Waiting on the LEDs now. Took the evening to prep the housings. Sanded them down, then wiped them down. Let them sit for a minute and laid the primer down. After that I got some duplicolor forest green pear paint to match the jeep and threw a couple coats of it on. Hopefully the LEDs will be here Friday so I can throw them in and get these bad boys up and running.

image-1556311032.jpg   image-3518905331.jpg   image-1846725136.jpg  
Livin2xs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013, 08:30 PM   #17
Livin2xs
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Got the orfab quarter panel armor with the bar in. Installation was easy. Just drill the holes and bolt them right up. The lower back drivers side bolt was a PITA but other than that easy mod. Took about 90 minutes.
image-1333336737.jpg

Unread 05-19-2014, 09:32 AM   #18
Livin2xs
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Not much for taking photos while working. Just like to get it done. I'll let you all know what has been goin on though.

Got a new lift kit Thursday. It is the Iron Rock Off-road 8" critical path long arm kit. I upgraded the shocks to the bilsteins, upgraded to adjustable long arms and got a hack n tap SYE. I PB blasted everything for 2 days prior to getting the lift. Started with the front and everything went very smooth. Thursday I got the subframe on the new long arms on the front coils and adjustable track bar on. Friday I got the front shocks on installed a new steering stabilizer and the new DPA. It was PITA to get the original one off bit a puller a hammer and a blow torch ended up doing the trick.
Saturday was time for the rear , it went very well and got it all put together that day. The only thing left was the H&T SYE. Started it Saturday night. Got the output shaft cut down to size and got it drilled out but ran out of time Sunday it was time to hand tap the hole. Everything was going smooth and then I just went a little too far and broke off the tap inside the output shaft! Threw the tools on the ground went inside and had a couple beers. Haven't been able to get the tap out so the jeeps just sitting with this beautiful brand new lift awaiting to get out and play. Going to try and find a tap extractor today and try that and if that doesn't work I guess ill just swap out TCs

Only one picture was the right size to upload
image.jpg

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.