A TJ truck build named "Dumpster Dive" - Page 305 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > A TJ truck build named "Dumpster Dive"

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 01-10-2014, 02:04 PM   #4561
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hey, when did you become a lifer?

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2014, 02:14 PM   #4562
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06
Hey, when did you become a lifer?
When I won TJOTY I also donated my year to Bennettj13 , but he says it pisses him off to even log in.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2014, 03:15 PM   #4563
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
When I won TJOTY I also donated my year to Bennettj13 , but he says it pisses him off to even log in.
I forgot about that being a prize.

@ Bennettj13, he'll be back, eventually.....they all come back.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 01-10-2014, 06:29 PM   #4564
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Whoa! That wasn't a prize when I won. Nice grab.
REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2014, 03:56 PM   #4565
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

So I need a CB radio for Dumpster any suggestions? I know even less about setting them up.

CB radio
Fire stick
Cable
Speaker
Micro.

Is that all I need?
Unread 01-11-2014, 04:01 PM   #4566
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
So I need a CB radio for Dumpster any suggestions? I know even less about setting them up.

CB radio
Fire stick
Cable
Speaker
Micro.

Is that all I need?
SWR meter to tune it.

I went with this kit from Right Channel but they have others.

Unread 01-11-2014, 04:11 PM   #4567
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06
SWR meter to tune it. I went with this kit from Right Channel but they have others.
Is that the remote kit? Looks like the CB is just a small box, then all the controls are on the hand mic.
Unread 01-11-2014, 04:13 PM   #4568
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Is that the remote kit? Looks like the CB is just a small box, then all the controls are on the hand mic.
Yep. I like it, as I can hide everything and lock up the mic when not in use. Works great.

Unread 01-11-2014, 04:16 PM   #4569
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Here's the CB set up. I used a fuse adapter to run the power right from the fuse box, so the CB powers up when the jeep is started.

Teraflex mount.

The power box is hid under the dash.

I looked and looked for the best place to mount the CB/mic and this is what I came up with.

The keys are close, but I have no issues starting the jeep, or grabbing the radio. It's easy to reach and the cord isn't in the way of anything.

I just velcro'd the external speaker to the dash, I can hear it at hwy speeds with the windows down.

Unread 01-11-2014, 04:54 PM   #4570
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Good job! Looks clean!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 01:50 PM   #4571
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

i use a cheapo that plugs into my cigarette outlet, but i have a few nicer ones from my dad in the garage ill be looking to install for a little better sound
Unread 01-13-2014, 02:13 PM   #4572
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I run the same one jeffro showed above. Jeff, you must take 6 pictures of every mod and have a very organized photobucket account to be that quick.
Unread 01-13-2014, 02:33 PM   #4573
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
I run the same one jeffro showed above. Jeff, you must take 6 pictures of every mod and have a very organized photobucket account to be that quick.
I actually have my own photo website, and if you look at the links in my sig, you'll see I'm pretty organized.

Unread 01-14-2014, 12:43 PM   #4574
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Got my gears today. Update soon when I have time to work on her.
Unread 01-14-2014, 06:18 PM   #4575
84jeepcj7rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix

I have a remote kit from Cobra. I like that I can unplug the mic and there is nothing left except the box mounted inside the center console.
84jeepcj7rock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
aev , brute , custom , homebrute tj truck , indyorv , rokmen , tnjeeps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.