A TJ truck build named "Dumpster Dive" - Page 262 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > A TJ truck build named "Dumpster Dive"

Jeep Tweaks at JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 10-23-2013, 09:50 PM   #3916
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
No, not enough room. I will just have the shop I used brake me some boxes and put lids on them, then weld them into the tops of the fenders. Not dry storage but added storage.
They would be a whole lot easier to weld in before you bond the fenders to the bed . But then again that wouldnt be enough of a challenge for you

Unread 10-23-2013, 10:05 PM   #3917
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

My idea was to cut the top out, have a box built a little bigger than the hole. Then weld it to the underside of the inner. Make a lid out of the piece I cut out. Clear as mud.
Hendrix is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 06:37 AM   #3918
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
My idea was to cut the top out, have a box built a little bigger than the hole. Then weld it to the underside of the inner. Make a lid out of the piece I cut out. Clear as mud.
Or have them bend flanges so that when you drop it in the hole the flanges sit on top . As I think of it your way sounds cleaner .
Unread 10-24-2013, 07:42 AM   #3919
357transam
There's a better way....

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I was wondering why you weren't doing round inner fenders, but that's a pretty neat idea! Do you have plans to make them lockable while recessed? Maybe pick up some locks for a toolbox or toolcart so they would basically be flush.
357transam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 10:14 AM   #3920
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357transam
I was wondering why you weren't doing round inner fenders, but that's a pretty neat idea! Do you have plans to make them lockable while recessed? Maybe pick up some locks for a toolbox or toolcart so they would basically be flush.
When I get time to design and cut them out I am going to try to make them water tight and lockable. Should be about 8 inches deep up front and 4 inches deep over the shock towers back to the tailgate. Accessible from the side of the Jeep.
Unread 10-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #3921
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Rear DS is shortened, thanks for the deal on the shaft. ( TheEng) the rear springs are modified. Going back together with it all tonight.
Unread 10-24-2013, 06:11 PM   #3922
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Shouldn't you (we) be in be in Harlan?

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #3923
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06
Shouldn't you (we) be in be in Harlan?
Yes we should, unfortunately I could not have afforded the gas to get there.
Unread 10-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #3924
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yes we should, unfortunately I could not have afforded the gas to get there.
I couldn't have afforded the repair bill afterwards....there will be carnage. The gas may have been an issue too, since I just put new tires on the wife's Explorer.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 07:30 PM   #3925
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Hey hendrix, I've got a question about the u bolt flip in the back. The perch mounts that sit on top of the axle, did you weld those to the axle?
ashland82391 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 07:45 PM   #3926
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391
Hey hendrix, I've got a question about the u bolt flip in the back. The perch mounts that sit on top of the axle, did you weld those to the axle?
It's actually a u bolt eliminator kit, and yes it's welded to the axle with a 3/4 thick skid under the springs.
Unread 10-24-2013, 07:48 PM   #3927
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

It's actually a u bolt eliminator kit, and yes it's welded to the axle with a 3/4 thick skid under the springs.
Ok thanks!
ashland82391 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #3928
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Everything is back together, time to go for a drive.

Edit: Drives great,Rides better. I can live with it now. I will probably just start searching for a new set of rear leafs.

I will try to get a picture tomorrow of the Dumpster next to a stock Jeep. Just for kicks the frame height is 16.5.
Unread 10-24-2013, 11:43 PM   #3929
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I will probably just start searching for a new set of rear leafs.
OME 2" light duty?

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
01 XJ: Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 07:03 AM   #3930
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

if you can get me the specifics of what you are looking for in the springs there is a place here local that does nothing but build spring packs for some of the big name suspension companies. at the very least i could get you a quote.
they build them to their specs, ship em out, and then someone like skyjacker or procomp paints their name on them.

i am going to be using them on my rig for finishing off the d60 swap. they will custom make darn near anything for about half the price of what the big name brand charges.

i have an e-mail out to my contact there for you as we speak. he should get back to me today or tomorrow.

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
aev , brute , custom , homebrute tj truck , indyorv , rokmen , tnjeeps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.