A TJ truck build named "Dumpster Dive" - Page 244 - JeepForum.com

 1Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3646 of 5952 Old 10-04-2013, 08:44 AM
jforse
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Duluth
Posts: 2,009
Is today the day she becomes legal?


1997 TJ - Build in process.
2004 WJ Freedom Edition 4.7HO
jforse is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3647 of 5952 Old 10-04-2013, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013
 
Hendrix's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: FT Myers
Posts: 4,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by jforse View Post
Is today the day she becomes legal?
Nope, got to get a signed affidavit. Maybe Monday.
Hendrix is offline  
post #3648 of 5952 Old 10-04-2013, 09:10 AM
AngryTJ
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,468
Is that all...I thought they had to be 18

Follow me on Instagram @ Tarantula_TJ


Tarantula_TJ Build
AngryTJ is offline  
post #3649 of 5952 Old 10-04-2013, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013
 
Hendrix's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: FT Myers
Posts: 4,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Is that all...I thought they had to be 18
Funny..

Lower than fair market value sale price.

Also have to pass emissions inspection, 2 codes still is automatic fail.
Hendrix is offline  
post #3650 of 5952 Old 10-05-2013, 08:07 AM
Zjones1994
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Murfreesboro
Posts: 940
I just finished catching up on this build after being at boot camp for 2 months and wow! Its come so far! When I come home on leave I'd love to see it!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using JeepForum

1998 Chili Pepper Red Jeep
USN Hull #233
Check out my build!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/t...build-1347318/
Zjones1994 is offline  
post #3651 of 5952 Old 10-05-2013, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013
 
Hendrix's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: FT Myers
Posts: 4,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zjones1994
I just finished catching up on this build after being at boot camp for 2 months and wow! Its come so far! When I come home on leave I'd love to see it!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using JeepForum
Thanks, just let me know when you will be around.
Hendrix is offline  
post #3652 of 5952 Old 10-05-2013, 03:31 PM
RNEWMANJEEP
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Wallingford
Posts: 13
Awesome build!!! I'm ready to go cut my YJ in half and make it a truck. O wait, it would take me way to long and I would be pissed off because I don't have the time or the resources that are needed to complete something like this.

On a side note, the third break light that is up in the hard top in the video it didn't seem like it worked.

Great job and I'm looking forward to seeing how the buggy well turn out.
RNEWMANJEEP is offline  
post #3653 of 5952 Old 10-05-2013, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013
 
Hendrix's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: FT Myers
Posts: 4,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNEWMANJEEP
Awesome build!!! I'm ready to go cut my YJ in half and make it a truck. O wait, it would take me way to long and I would be pissed off because I don't have the time or the resources that are needed to complete something like this. On a side note, the third break light that is up in the hard top in the video it didn't seem like it worked. Great job and I'm looking forward to seeing how the buggy well turn out.

Thanks, the 3rd brake light is not wired in yet. The buggy is probably on HOLD for a little while. I am thinking about building a RC version of the buggy first though.
Hendrix is offline  
post #3654 of 5952 Old 10-05-2013, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013
 
Hendrix's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: FT Myers
Posts: 4,866
Nothing done to the Jeep today, I did make a stop at the pick a part to grab an alternator and a speed sensor.

Big work going down tomorrow.
Hendrix is offline  
post #3655 of 5952 Old 10-05-2013, 10:17 PM
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden
Posts: 5,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post

Big work going down tomorrow.
Now that the distractions are gone huh ?

Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline  
post #3656 of 5952 Old 10-06-2013, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013
 
Hendrix's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: FT Myers
Posts: 4,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley
Now that the distractions are gone huh ?
Never was a distraction, I enjoy doing projects like yours, it gets me away from the normal daily grind at work. When the owner takes pride in the finished project the way you do it makes it all worth it. As much as it cost to actually do and the little I cleared on the project you can clearly see I did not do it for the money. I know you and your family will enjoy that trailer on your many road trips across the US for years to come. Thanks looking forward to making the LJ look better than the trailer...



Going out the swap alternators, fix the exhaust rattle and notch some tube today. Pictures later.....
Hendrix is offline  
post #3657 of 5952 Old 10-06-2013, 07:41 PM
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden
Posts: 5,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
Never was a distraction, I enjoy doing projects like yours, it gets me away from the normal daily grind at work. When the owner takes pride in the finished project the way you do it makes it all worth it. As much as it cost to actually do and the little I cleared on the project you can clearly see I did not do it for the money. I know you and your family will enjoy that trailer on your many road trips across the US for years to come. Thanks looking forward to making the LJ look better than the trailer...



Going out the swap alternators, fix the exhaust rattle and notch some tube today. Pictures later.....


The tub is in its temporary home . Theres no way I am mounting the tub on the frame without repainting it first . Thanks again for making the tub look so good , I cant wait to get it filled up and out camping with the family.

Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline  
post #3658 of 5952 Old 10-06-2013, 07:46 PM
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!
 
ashland82391's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chandler
Posts: 7,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post

The tub is in its temporary home . Theres no way I am mounting the tub on the frame without repainting it first . Thanks again for making the tub look so good , I cant wait to get it filled up and out camping with the family.
Picture didn't work
ashland82391 is offline  
post #3659 of 5952 Old 10-06-2013, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013
 
Hendrix's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: FT Myers
Posts: 4,866
Did not get as much as I needed to get done today, I was a bit lazy.

I did get the alternator changed out, it works and there is not annoying squeal.

I also finished the overflow mounts. Then spent some time setting up my Harbor Freight notcher. I was finally tired of notching with a grinder.



Here is the plate to correct the alignment on the HF notcher.



Notching station.



You can see the spacer behind the clamping plate. It may need to be a little thinner.

First test notch.



And the bumper you have all been waiting to see. Its a DV8 Offroad stubby. Probably the tightest fitting bumper on the market. A very nicely built Aluminium bumper with welded Fairlead mount. It is not 6061 but bent out of 5052. I do not want this to turn into a pissing match about alloys. I will be doing a product test on the bumper in the near Future. As far as quality its very Nice.



The winch fits very tight between the plate and the grille. I will see if I can get it mounted later this week.

Click here for info.

Or here
Hendrix is offline  
post #3660 of 5952 Old 10-06-2013, 08:35 PM
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden
Posts: 5,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
Picture didn't work
I changed it to a different host . Guess JF didnt like where I had it



That is a nice looking bumper with a little trimming it looks like it could go back another inch or so ?

Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline  
Reply

Tags
aev , brute , custom , homebrute tj truck , indyorv , rokmen , tnjeeps

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
The Survivor Project-driveway frame swap/33's "build" EricsGreen98Tj Jeep Builds 75 05-15-2016 10:49 AM
WeatherWarrior's "you better not call it a build" build thread. WeatherWarrior Jeep Builds 10 12-12-2011 05:31 PM
An XJ named "Clotile" tactical40cal Jeep Builds 42 10-09-2011 11:18 PM
1997 TJ "Angry Wolf" Redneck Body Shop Build NorthWhiteWolf Jeep Builds 389 06-17-2010 06:33 PM
98 TJ Build Named Jasper mtflyboy25 Jeep Builds 1 01-23-2010 10:11 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome