1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1546 of 5952 Old 02-05-2013, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuder
Man that looks good. I thought this was funny from mrblaine. I'm a painter also.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/fo.../#post14910938
That's awesome, he hit that one on the head.

I am installing the rocker armor today, along with the windshield frame and hinges. That's probably about all I can get done till next week when I bedliner the inside, bottom sides of the fenders and the inside on my other Jeep. I figure while I am spraying bedliner I might as well hit the Flop with a little Love.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

K.C.C.O.
Carpe Diem

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1547 of 5952 Old 02-05-2013, 04:01 PM
2000GrayTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Are you using Raptor for the liner? We've used pretty much every DIY kit here at work and my boss seems to like Raptor for coloured/exterior jobs, IMO tho it doesn't seem to be much more than glorified textured paint (we usually end up top coating as well for exterior jobs). Holds up alright but for all out toughness Pro-Form makes a solid DIY product in black (obviously neither of them come close to the real stuff). I will admit I've never seen/sprayed Raptor in plain black though, only tintable.

Just my .02 great work so far, paint looks great.

good from far, far from good.
'99 TJ frame-off rebuild: http://jeepforum.com/forum/f22/99-tj-frame-off-rolled-bold-1199954/
post #1548 of 5952 Old 02-05-2013, 05:03 PM
Bennettj13
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I used AL's and like it quite a bit.

::SELLING HALF OF MY JEEP::

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
post #1549 of 5952 Old 02-05-2013, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13
I ended up with AL's also. Going to spray it black I feel like that's what it needs now that its going back together.

Got the rock slider/armor bolted up today. I ran out of hardware so I have a few missing bolts. I think I have a few more stainless bolts at home somewhere.

forumrunner_20130205_173923.jpg

forumrunner_20130205_174007.jpg

I also installed the headliner to finish up the top today.

forumrunner_20130205_174041.jpg

forumrunner_20130205_174129.jpg

I am going to bond a 3" wide aluminum strip across the back panel to attach these 4 latches to secure the back edge of the top to the cab in the morning, then cover it with the remaining headliner material.

forumrunner_20130205_174517.jpg

K.C.C.O.
Carpe Diem

post #1550 of 5952 Old 02-05-2013, 06:15 PM
Jeffro06

2006 TJ Wrangler 

You're a hard working dude.

Member of JGW (Jeff's Gone Wheeling) and

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build:

post #1551 of 5952 Old 02-05-2013, 06:23 PM
bobthetj03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Did you clone yourself? Where do you find the time? LOL!

Bob's boring build:

White Jeep club member #2003

post #1552 of 5952 Old 02-05-2013, 07:06 PM
twinstickd20
1979 CJ7 

Well it looks like the headliner turned out nice

My Build Thread
post #1553 of 5952 Old 02-05-2013, 07:10 PM
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
My only recommendation, don't try and spray it all at once like it's set up to, you only have a 15 min window to spray. Even when I sprayed an F650 flatbed, it was too much for me to spray and still get good coverage where I wanted, that gun is a pain in the butt.

96 XJ:

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
01 XJ: Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
***** inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
post #1554 of 5952 Old 02-05-2013, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Work is very Slow, so I had about an 8 hr day to play with the Jeep today. I have a different kind of gun to shoot the bedliner with, so I hope it turns out nice. If only I had the frame at work I could be done with the Jeep in a week or so.

K.C.C.O.
Carpe Diem

post #1555 of 5952 Old 02-05-2013, 08:02 PM
twinstickd20
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
If only I had the frame at work I could be done with the Jeep in a week or so.
Get it rolling and we can make that happen

My Build Thread
post #1556 of 5952 Old 02-06-2013, 03:04 AM
mike_breaker_5
1994 YJ Wrangler 

been away from the forum for a bit. took me about 45 min to go through the stuff i missed since around x-mas.

all i gotta say is great attention to detail. this is going to be a one of a kind jeep that will surly be remembered across this forum for a long time to come.

Ratmonkey donation page. all proceeds will go to his family.

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.

post #1557 of 5952 Old 02-06-2013, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Got some stuff sitting all in one piece. Ready for my glass man to do his thing.

forumrunner_20130206_110617.jpg

K.C.C.O.
Carpe Diem

post #1558 of 5952 Old 02-06-2013, 11:11 AM
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Will the hinges remain black?

Follow me on Instagram @ Tarantula_TJ

post #1559 of 5952 Old 02-06-2013, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ
Will the hinges remain black?
Yeah, all the hinges are staying semi gloss black.

K.C.C.O.
Carpe Diem

post #1560 of 5952 Old 02-06-2013, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Assembled the body, just could not stand it anymore.
Attached Thumbnails
image-1820360599.jpg   image-3992902964.jpg  

K.C.C.O.
Carpe Diem

Tags
aev , brute , custom , homebrute tj truck , indyorv , rokmen , tnjeeps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.