TJ Rubi on 9s - Learning the hard way
About a year ago I got pulled into the Jeep world in a in a big way. I bought the Rubi in 2003 when it first came out, drove it as my primary for 5 years and then parked it so I could get a daily driver and build the Jeep on my own schedule.
It just never happened, I dove into my job, got married, got a house, got a few dogs....then in fall 2011 I discovered the silver lake sand dunes which was amazing. Time to revamp my 3.5" rubicon express lift that I installed on a college budget (at the time I wanted the more aggressive stance and cheap ground clearance)...it was riding like crap and controlling it on the dunes was chancy.
I started a long time ago with the 3.5" lift (which probably netted me about 4.5-5"), trail master polyurethane front lower control arms to set my caster (I had death wobble bad after the lift, these resolved it), drop pitman, drop stock TC skid, BDS shocks, and rear upper adjustables to set pinion angle.
My immediate response was to buy Rubicon express monotubes (valved and rebranded Bilstein 5100s), new stabilizer and new front hub assemblies. From here things just went downhill!
Table of contents (I will try to be good about filling this in but no guarantees):
p.1 - Dealing with my old rear shocks, body lift, tummy tuck, u-joints.
Hopefully I'll help somebody out the way that many of you helped me out.
My "hard way" build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.