TJ from mall crawler to wheeler. - JeepForum.com

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 Old 03-28-2016, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
xxdabroxx
Dave's not here

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
TJ from mall crawler to wheeler/ DD (long term build thread)

I figure I might as well start a build thread as I can never seem to leave any of my vehicles alone and build threads are always fun to read.

I had to get rid of my last car to buy my TJ, which was a pretty hard decision for me as it was my inherited 2001 Pontiac Bonneville SSEI that was my grandmothers. It only had 41k miles on it and was in excellent shape. I figured I couldn't get rid of my truck as I need it for being a truck, hauling lumber or my motorcycle, etc. So in the end I had to let it go, I didn't like letting dog ride on the leather anyways so it mostly sat in the driveway.

My last picture of the Bonnie before I sold it. The guy who runs the Pontiac Bonneville Forum bought it and drove it back to Minnesota from my place in CA. Apparently rust free cars are hard to find where the white stuff falls on the ground.

I've wanted a Jeep since high school and never really had the ability to get one but I decided to make it happen this year. I scoured craigslist while searching the internet about everything Jeep I could find that would fall into my budget (didn't want to spend over $10k). I was a bit torn between an XJ, YJ, or a TJ. I knew that whatever it was I wanted it to have a manual transmission, I recently had the transmission rebuilt in my truck and the $1700 that took out of my pocket left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. I've also always had a thing for manuals, I think it comes from riding motorcycles and just never being happy with the factory shift points of any of my other auto's. After a while of searching I decided to narrow my search to the TJ and XJ as I figured if this is going to be a long term possession I really wanted to have the coil suspension for a little better ride quality.

I bought my 2001 TJ on Feb. 27th of this year, it was pretty well cared for and never really wheeled. I did later discover that it took a hit of some kind to the right front corner. It looks like the right front fender has been repaired/ replaced and repainted at some point. The slightly more clear turn signal tipped me off, then when I clay bar'd it and waxed it I could really tell. It also seemed to have just about every chrome bit they make. The PO took pretty good care of though and I believe it was almost always garage kept when not in use.

Build info as bought:

4.0l (stock, slow leaking rear main, no A/C), 120k miles
Manual trans
Dana 30 & 35 (open & open)
3.07 gear ratio
enough chrome to make a boat anchor
Bestop tire carrier
Aluminum trim/ armor
Pro comp 4" lift
Drop pitman arm
Stock track bar
1" transfer case drop
SYE kit
33x12.5x15 Pro comp mud terrains, only about 3k miles on them
Multiple soft tops
Tinted soft top windows
Bestop rack (for sale?)
KC lights
Unknown brand front bumper
Warn rear bumper

At my buddies house after buying it.

First time in my driveway. Found a loose front track bar and removed a bunch of chrome stuff while at my dads before taking it home. Pretty sure the bbq grate things that were over the tail lights would save the lights at the expense of the quarter panel. Even had chrome rings around the rubber bumpers on the hood. Blasphemy!

Then I replaced the pain in the *** locking hood latches that were on it. They had some 4 way key bs that would only work one way but there were 4 possible ways you could put them in.

I also plasti dipped the headlight trim, fender extension, door handles, windwing trim, and the aluminum "armor". Some of the dip is peeling now between the rocker guards and the fender extensions, I think I should've cut between that seam. I think it has flexed a bit and bubbled where the two parts join. It's pretty easy to touch up and no bare aluminum is showing yet so I'm not too worried about it. I figured I would throw that in there though for other people who may want to dip some parts.

Next thing to sort out was the heater. The PO thought it needed a heater core but after a little diagnosing, I found it was just the fan speed switch. It wasn't melted but something inside was broken. I replaced that and decided to make me a spot to put some more switches in the process.

My custom kydex panel double sided taped in its new home.

Next I got my cheapo amazon light bar installed in place of the original KC's. A million times brighter than they were, I'm really surprised at how bright this thing is. I think it is a 22" or so and cost about $38. I've washed the Jeep once since installing it and no water intrusion yet.

Mock up of my switch panels. I bought (2) 3 switch panels from ottrataaawawwtatta or whatever their website is.

Traces of its Canadian heritage, my TJ really is a TJ as it started life in Canada. I have the DRL's and block heater to prove it, hahaha.

Finally got some plastic paint for the new trim piece and got it's panels installed. (not wired at this point)

Took the dog out for a little walk, no offroading yet.

Then the Jeep started getting expensive. I'm getting tired of the 3.07's with 33's and started ordering parts to swap the gears. Axle swaps are in the cards yet, but maybe someday. I'm starting with 4.56's with a truetrac in the rear and an E-locker in the front. I'm still in the process of the gear swap now so you're just about caught up with it's current state.

Starting the tear down at my dad's. I couldn't do the gears without him, he was a Chrysler Tech for many years. He was also the only local Viper tech, I got to go for a few rides in those before he left the automotive industry. I can tell you for sure, even the older Vipers were no joke. I remember tires spinning as he shifted into third getting on the highway and shortly thereafter seeing the speedometer climb above 120. Definitely get your heart pumping.

Borrowed a spreader

We got the rear end all buttoned up Saturday afternoon only to notice that we somehow installed the front pinion setup bearing in place of the new one. So after calling around town looking for a crush sleeve I decided to order another one along with a seal from Summit. (they have been really quick in shipping my parts, I got all the gears and lockers/ posi through them. I couldn't find any 4x4/ Jeep websites that could beat their prices either)

So on Easter Sunday I decided to work on the electrical a bit. I got my new fuse block mounted and got a game plan started for how I'm going to run all my wiring.

And with that you are about caught up to where it is today, more updates to come as I get more done.

(I also found a 2001 Canadian penny under the seat when Pulled it to mount the fuse block. )

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 03-29-2016, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
xxdabroxx
Dave's not here

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Got the front diff set up tonight, but it is still mocked up with the setup bearings. I should have my crush sleeve and seal tomorrow so we're going to put it back together so at least something will be done tomorrow. I would have had the parts Monday if it weren't for a snafu with the address. Summit took down suite D rather than B, I went to D and they didn't have my box (I blame Ontrac entirely for that part. I swear they hire people out of halfway houses around here). So I gave summit a call and the got me another set coming right away. Pretty quick being that I called they yesterday just after 5pm my time. I'll still have a lot of wiring to finish up over the rest of the week and weekend. I need to rewire my LED light bar, maybe add one in the rear since I have the lights and switch already as well as wire up the front E-Locker.

Cant wait to feel the difference between 3.07 and the 4.56's, should be a nice change. I'm sure it wont be too low as I've ran 4.88's with a spool in the Olds for quite a while on 28" tires, although it really only saw cruise nights and the track but fun gears none the less if you don't need to go over about 115.

No pictures tonight, but nothing new to show really.
post #3 of 37 Old 04-02-2016, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
xxdabroxx
Dave's not here

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
We got the gears finished up Thursday night and took Fri. night off. Started back into this morning and got the wiring all buttoned up. I started with the outside and worked my way in. Got the front locker wired in, I added some extra shrink tubing around the base where it comes out of the housing. I routed it up along the vent tube and along the front brake line then grounded it and the light bar at the existing screw ground.

Then I routed the wires from the locker and the light bar along the side of the hood. My dad even found an old loom mount that fit to keep it in one place. They run behind the battery and join the source of the fuse block I added in the cab where they enter the firewall.

Being that neither load is over half my switches capacity I forewent the relays. I used the 8-plex connectors that fit the ottrattawwatttata switches, for a minute I thought they weren't going to fit but they just need a lot of pressure. I suppose that's a good thing when it comes to electrical connectors. I'm using my rear light switch for my front locker right now. I'm going to swap the rockers when I order another switch. I don't have any rear lights installed yet.

Then we changed the oil in both the transfer case and the transmission. Average Joe tip, drill out the hole nearest the transfer case drain (unibits are great for this) and stuff a rag around the bottom of the transfer case and skid to keep the oil mess to a minimum.

Then we got it back on its wheels and took it for a test drive. No noticeable gear noise although it would be hard to hear over the sound of the tires. Speedo is now off in the opposite direction from before. 75 mph indicated is about 65 actual based on my phones gps. I don't really need first gear to leave a stop any more, it's only good for about 10mph but 5th works great now.

And coming up next I'll install this. My dad has had this thing around for years and it's never been installed. It's a Ramsey Pro 9000 I'm assuming built sometime in the 90's. It's never been out of the box. It was made in the USA so I'm assuming it should be pretty good quality. Seems like a nice piece. I'm glad to have it for sure.

Anyone have any experience with this winch?

(my phones camera is sucking big time. If anyone wants better pics of anything let me know and I'll use my real camera)
post #4 of 37 Old 04-05-2016, 05:45 PM
richeaus
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Good build thread so far! looks like your working with the Dana 35 well by not locking it but giving it a Truetrac. I'll have to see how it works for you. I can't decide between the Truetrac or a full on locker for my rear Dana 44. We get some snow and ice here in the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5 of 37 Old 04-05-2016, 11:52 PM
Lory
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Exciting, thanks for the effort I will be watching too.
post #6 of 37 Old 04-07-2016, 10:41 AM
zackcj7
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I had a Ramsey pro 9000 on my old CJ. Never gave me an issue and I had that Jeep 9 years. But the Ramsey Platinum I have now has had to have the motor rebuilt twice...
post #7 of 37 Old 04-08-2016, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
xxdabroxx
Dave's not here

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Friday Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by richeaus View Post
Good build thread so far! looks like your working with the Dana 35 well by not locking it but giving it a Truetrac. I'll have to see how it works for you. I can't decide between the Truetrac or a full on locker for my rear Dana 44. We get some snow and ice here in the winter.
Sounds like a selectable locker or track lock would be best for your situation, but I honestly have no experience with a Detroit locker so can't really comment on its ice manners. I tried out the truetrac yesterday on the way back from measuring a house, right tire in the dirt, left on the pavement, pulled away just fine with hardly any noticeable wheel spin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lory View Post
Exciting, thanks for the effort I will be watching too.
Thanks for stopping by and commenting, always welcome in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackcj7 View Post
I had a Ramsey pro 9000 on my old CJ. Never gave me an issue and I had that Jeep 9 years. But the Ramsey Platinum I have now has had to have the motor rebuilt twice...
That's good to hear, I figure it will be a pretty good winch. I didn't think Ramsey's cost as much as they do because you really only hear about Warn this and Warn that. Says right on the box made in the USA though and that usually means something, particularly 20+ years ago.

Short Update, no photos yet though:
Got me a "redneck hood ornament" as my dad called it. High lift extreme that my dad bought me is mounted to the hood as of Wed. Tell ya what, that thing is growing on me there. The mounts are really stout, if you shake the high lift it moves the whole Jeep and it doesn't budge at all on the mounts.

Also got my new head unit in the same night. The antenna cable was 3" too short so I've got another one on the way. Hoping it will get here soon even though I almost never listen to FM radio anymore. I just don't like leaving things half finished.

In other news:
I'm thinking about planning a trip to the Rubicon Trail at the end of August of this year. I think that should give me plenty of time to get anything else I need done to the Jeep and acquire the remainder of the necessary recovery gear. If I can put it together you're all more than welcome to join, I'm a complete noob and have no idea what I'm doing but that's what makes it an adventure right? I'm thinking of leaving central Cal the last Thursday of the month and camping that night at the start of the trail and hitting it Friday morning. Wheel Friday and Saturday, head home on Sunday. I may take the following Monday off for good measure but I haven't made any solid plans yet. I'll keep you guys updated if I go forward with it.

Wants/ Need list:
(incomplete, subject to change, and open to suggestions)

Chromoly axles
- Front
- Rear
CB radio
DIY disconnects
Metalcloak front track bar
Upgraded tie rod
Adjustable rear control arms to get rid of TC drop
(currently have cam bolts, would that be enough to ditch the drop?)
Oil pan skid (thinking Metalcloak)
Rocker guards
Rear lights
Recovery strap
Spare U-joints
Snatch block
Shocks
Steering stabilizer
Tie down points for ice chest
Harness tie down for dog
Spiderweb shade
First aid kit
Fire extinguisher/ mount
Jumper pack
Change spark plugs
Check O2 sensors (120k miles they are probably due)
Air compressor/ CO2 tank adapter setup (I have CO2 tanks from paintball days)

I think that's all for now folks, again thanks for reading and feel free to comment.
post #8 of 37 Old 04-11-2016, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
xxdabroxx
Dave's not here

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Well not much was done to the TJ over the weekend but I did take the dog up to the mountains for a little hike. Went up to Camp Nelson and took a short hike on the Nelson trail, stopped at the soda springs and headed home. Took some pictures on the way back down HWY 190 since it was so pretty out. I also got my antenna extension in the mail this morning and got it installed before work started. Glad to have the stereo install done for now. Winch mount should get here around lunch time today so that install will be coming up soon.

Anyways, on to the pics (I really need to start taking my camera with me, cell phone is only so so):

And one of the Duke for good measure.

It's looking like I'm going to make the Rubicon trip happen, I started a facebook event today so if anyone would like to join PM me and I'll add you as a friend so I can invite you. You can also invite others to the event once you're in.
post #9 of 37 Old 04-12-2016, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
xxdabroxx
Dave's not here

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Shopping list:

Going to use this post for price research for future upgrades. Feel free to point me in the direction of better alternatives, also if anyone see's an incorrect part number in my list please let me know.

After looking into them a bit more I'm more and more afraid of the Pro Comp control arms. I've searched up and down but cant find a better replacement bushing for them that will have some flex. I've thought about changing one end to a Johnny Joint, but I just cant see spending the money on the crap arms that they are. Looks like I'll be saving up for a full set of metalcloak arms, they come in at just under a grand but I'll have to pay CA sales tax on them which blows plus shipping.

Chromoly axles
- Front Alloy USA (12152) $700 (Summit, ouch! didn't see that price tag coming)
- Rear 10 Factory (MG22138) $300 (Summit) Alloy USA (12200) $315 (Summit)
CB radio $230 (right channel radio kit)
DIY disconnects $10 (Done, need to come up with method of keeping sway bar out of the way)
Metalcloak front track bar $180
Upgraded tie rod: Currie $580 ZJ Tie rod: DS1312 $54, ES2079S $17, ES3096L $28 (amazon)
Adjustablecontrol arms to get rid of TC drop & crap procomp arms Full MC $960
Oil pan skid (thinking Metalcloak $120)
Rocker guards: Rock Hard $310 delivered, no coating. Ordered 05/2/16
Rear lights
Recovery strap $30-40
Spare U-joints
- Front axle Spicer 5-760X $30 ea. (amazon)
- Front driveshaft Spicer 5-1310x $20 ea (amazon) Center ball 404-0A $16 (action machine)
- Rear Driveshaft (unknown make, unknown u joints)
Snatch block
Shocks
-Front Rancho RS999255 $110 (amazon) RS55255 $51 (amazon)
- Rear Rancho RS999256 $110 (amazon) RS55256 $51 (amazon)
Steering stabilizer Monroe SC2928 $30 (amazon)
Tie down points for ice chest
Harness tie down for dog + grippier surface for him in the back
Spiderweb shade
First aid kit
Fire extinguisher/ mount
Jumper pack
Change spark plugs
Check O2 sensors (120k miles they are probably due, ehh got 15.8mpg after gear change prob. ok)
Air compressor/ CO2 tank adapter setup (I have CO2 tanks from paintball days)
post #10 of 37 Old 04-14-2016, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
xxdabroxx
Dave's not here

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Got these made up last night. Not the fanciest disconnects in the world but I think they will get the job done until I can swing an Antirock.

Let me know if you guys have a good way of keeping the sway bar up and out of the way. I was thinking some velcro to hold the link to the bar, but the bar sags under its own weight.
post #11 of 37 Old 04-25-2016, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
xxdabroxx
Dave's not here

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Winch is installed

Over the weekend my dad and I got the winch installed. A quick look at the winch plate showed pretty clearly that the bumper would have to be moved out in order to make room enough for the plate. We could also tell that we were going to need to raise the winch plate up so that the roller fairlead would clear the bottom tube of the bumper.
Started by pulling the bumper and swaybar cover.

Then we cut the old bumper mounting tabs off after getting some baseline measurements.

After getting most of the powdercoating off the bumper where it would be getting welded we made the new extended tabs for the bumper and bolted them in place on the frame.

Then my dad tacked the bumper back in place. (he's a much better welder than I am, on a good day I can make a couple pieces of metal stick together. I did a little welding on the bumper but the majority was done by him.)

After getting the tabs welded in place and adjusted to fit we added some 1" strap to the sides to box in the mounts where we extended them. We had to add 1-1/8" so it has a little bit more stickout than before but not by much.

We also made some aluminum spacers to match the bolt spacing on the frame to get the fairlead some extra room. Although that alone was not enough room so we cut out the upper portion of the mounting plate where the cable comes through and redrilled the mounting holes for the fairlead.

After getting it to fit this far we found that the stock light tabs on the bumper wouldn't clear the clutch lever nor the plug in for the control lead, so off with their heads.

Then I made up a new mounting location for the control lead.

Then I noticed that the clutch lever contacted the fairlead. So it got a trim and some aluminum paint to try and match the galvanizing.

I don't have a good after picture of the fairlead but I basically just cut enough off to clear the knob.

Then it was on to remaking the light bar tabs. About the best stock he had laying around was some angle iron so I marked out some tabs and got them cut up.

Welded on and painted. (lots of waiting on paint to dry this weekend) Did I mention that this Ramsey Pro9000 is not light. LOL, it was on and off a lot this weekend.

And back together again one more time.

And after running the power cable down to the started and putting on the hook it is all done. Still needs the cable tightened up but the install is done.

I got my front locker switch in today so my front locker will be labeled correctly, and I have some recovery gear coming this week too. Planning on meeting a group from Wrangler Forum up at Hungry Valley on Sat. morning, it will be my first time in the dirt since buying the Jeep. I'm excited to get out and actually use it for what I bought it for.

I think that is all for now, next up will either be converting a DRZ 400 left hand side mirror to a doorless mirror or a full set of Savvy aluminum control arms. The pro craps scare me, I'd hate to break off a control arm bracket in the middle of nowhere.

Thanks for stopping by!
post #12 of 37 Old 05-02-2016, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
xxdabroxx
Dave's not here

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Over the weekend I went to a trail ride put together by IH8RDS at Hungry valley. We cruised around on some of the trails for a few hours, stopped for lunch, then continued on to play at the practice area. I had a great time with my dad and everyone who went. There was quite the array of vehicles there, from wranglers, to 4 runners, to a Porsche. Tell ya what I have a lot more respect for the Porsche, that thing went almost everywhere my TJ did, minus the pipes.

I learned that I definitely need a better way to keep the sway bar out of the way. I tried using giant zip ties to hold it up but it eventually rubbed a tire and broke the ties letting it hang free to rub some more. It wasn't really an issue but it was a nuisance. Anti-rock is definitely on my short list.

I got to play with my front locker a little bit and it seems to work great, I probably used it a lot more than I needed to. The Truetrac in the back worked flawlessly, I was really happy with it although I never had a rear tire come off the ground. Going up the steep part of Pronghorn trail I hit the front locker and crawled right up it, never slipped a tire. There was a steep narrow trail that we went up that I probably shouldn't have bothered with the front locker on, it made one turn a little tough to make. I nearly got stuck a couple of times on the pipes and could spin all 4 tires so the locker and trac lock combo seems to be doing good for now.

Loaded up on a borrowed trailer and ready to leave.

Stopped for lunch.

Stolen from IH8RDS.

I didn't take a lot of pictures while we were on the trail. I'll try and get more the next time I'm out.

Then yesterday I started working on converting my factory Suzuki DRZ mirror into a doorless mirror. I started by removing the cap and drilling off the old nut as I didn't have a socket that would fit in the recess.

But I didn't have a bolt that would fit so I had to wait until today, didn't want to make a trip to town for just that. At lunch I picked up some SS 1/4 20 socket head cap screws, I think it was 2-1/2" long, a couple washers, a couple nylon washers, and a SS lock nut. I had to drill out the old washers that surrounded the spring as they were metric.

And mounted up.

Then I painted the tailpipe as it was rusty and kinda ugly. I know it's a jeep and I'm not supposed to care, but I do.

And one with the Duke for good measure, pre mirror.

And tonight I ordered some unfinished rock sliders from Rock Hard. I'm excited to get those on, then I can drive over bigger stuff. Anti-Rock and the chromo rear axles are coming up soon though. Then it will probably be the upper control arms, and maybe an oil pan skid thrown in the mix somewhere along the way.

Thanks for reading, let me know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions.

-Dave
post #13 of 37 Old 05-16-2016, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
xxdabroxx
Dave's not here

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Getting Savvy

Over the weekend the Jeep got quite a few new parts thrown at it.

My dad gave me my Antirock birthday present early and we got it installed on Friday night. Then on Saturday we worked on the control arms, I bought the lowers and he got me the rear uppers so we could get rid of the transfer case drop. I was very impressed with the Savvy double adjustable arms, they worked out really well.

Started out on the front lowers and got them installed. My dad wasn't very happy with the slotted holes so he ended up ordering a set of the washers from Black Magic. Figure we will install them when we weld on the front control arm bracket skids.

Then we moved onto the back, everything went pretty well on the back other than it was kinda tricky getting a drill to fit up under the chassis to drill out the upper bracket holes. Ended up using an air angle drill my dad had, but we had to modify the drill bit to make it fit.

After we got the control arms in we started working on getting the transfer case drop out. One of the nuts inside the frame broke off so I'm running with 5 bolts for now. Anyone have a good fix for a broken off transfer case nut in the frame?

Ended up running about 2 deg in the rear driveshaft to get rid of the vibration. Had the lowers adjusted about as short as they go and the uppers were extended a bit to get there but I think it's all fine. One of these days I'll take the springs out and cycle the suspension to check the bump stops.

After getting that all sorted we started looking at what makes some of the clunking noises on the jeep. I think its mostly the shock bushings are worn out, but we also noticed the track bar moving again. We dropped it at the upper mount, decided that it doesn't have a tapered hole to match the stock track bar that is currently in it and again my dad ordered me a Metalcloak replacement out of frustration with the old one. I like it when he does that, sure does speed up the build process.

Not a lot of pictures of the action but I'll post a couple of after shots.

Then on Sunday I worked on modifying my bestop rack that came with the jeep to mount above the roll bar. I had to trim the longer of the 2 pipes and drill new holes. I also added some foam to the mounts because I don't have the roll bar padding. I wouldn't put a ton of weight on it but I'm sure it will work fine for light stuff.

That's all for now folks. Rock sliders should be here tomorrow. I'll try and get more pictures of the process but I think it's going to be pretty simple, clean, paint, mount.
MudPumpkin likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #14 of 37 Old 05-19-2016, 11:05 PM
SoKnoJeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

good looking thread man! i can't wait to start throwing some upgrades on mine.
xxdabroxx likes this.
post #15 of 37 Old 05-19-2016, 11:24 PM
329892 - Deactivated
2005 TJ Wrangler 

you will not be disappointed with a Ramsey Winch. One of the oldest names out there, they bought out Tulsa Winch... an even older name. And they build commercial winches for towing, oilfield.... world wide. Ramsey is a great winch.

This truck has 3 Tulsa Winches... a 30K#, 60K# and 100K#...
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.