TJ Building For Students - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > TJ Building For Students

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 09-01-2013, 03:11 AM   #61
Lonewolf42
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_craig View Post
Talk about a score on those axles! Just curious, have you done anything about the front track bar yet?

The guy who did all the welding for my axles and later made my mid arms cut the track bar down about 4-6" and then filled with weld. I'll get a picture of it in a bit.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/tj-building-students-1558299/
Lonewolf42 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2014, 10:46 PM   #62
Lonewolf42
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Hey guys its been a crazy fall and winter term hence why i haven't had any updates in a while. Let me get you guys back up to speed!

Kyle_craig... Here is what the guy who put together my axles and later my mid arms ended up doing for me. He cut down the track bar, made a new mount for me. The only problem i had was i lost some the factory bolt and had a hard time finding one that fit snug enough. So i used what i had and had just a little tiny bit of play but it was enough to cause a pretty bad death wobble. I then drilled the trackbar out to 7/16ths and now no wobbles.

Unread 04-17-2014, 10:54 PM   #63
Lonewolf42
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Sold my 5 Toyos for 750 to a guy with a YJ for 700... Just waiting on the right tires, at the time i was between iroks and goodyear mtrs.

Unread 04-17-2014, 11:12 PM   #64
Lonewolf42
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I gave my self a week to try and find some tires on craigslist and almost pulled the trigger on some iroks but i didn't exactly like what i was reading a far as tread life and wear. So i decided to go with the MTRS however i couldnt find one decent set on craigslist...
So i went down to americas tire factory and they were having a big summer tire sale. So i they had a deal where you get a 100.00 rebate per 500.00 you spend then there was a goodyear rebate for 75.00 on top of it if you finance over 1000.00 they have you another 100 back when its paid off. So 4 35x12.5x15 mtrs and 4 black steel rims for a total of 1175 and put down 174. Paid them off a month later and ended up being into it 800.00 The Goodyear rebate came first after about a month, the America's tire ones came after about 4 months and me calling twice asking where they were at.
So after it was all said and done and finally got all my rebates back i was only in the tires 100.00.

Unread 04-17-2014, 11:32 PM   #65
Lonewolf42
2000 TJ Wrangler 

There are tons of little modifications i've done that im missing but here is my air setup for inflation and for the lockers. I decided to run an ARB compressor for the lockers and then i mounted the york on the AC mount with help from the same guy who welded my axles. He made a pretty sweet mount for it that is also adjustable for the tension on the belt.

The pulley is from Kilby and believe it or not was almost as much as the ARB compressor itself... the pulley after shipping was like 80 and some change i found the ARB compressor from a guy on craigslist brand new for 100 and then the york i found at a pick n pull during a memorial day sale for 25. I bought the hose, fittings, gauges, filters, etc at harbor freight for probably a total of 20-30 dollars. Then 20.00 for the ARB airlines and 15.00 for switches. I still need to clean up the wiring to the cab but under the hood is all good.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.