TJ Building For Students - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > TJ Building For Students

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-05-2013, 03:39 PM   #1
Lonewolf42
2000 TJ Wrangler 

TJ Building For Students

As of 08/06/12

2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ SE 2.5

Suspension/Wheels
Custom built mid arms by Hope Fabrications built out of old Fabtech lowers
JKS Uppers
4.5" Rubicon Express Couls
3/4" pucks in the front for the winch
35x12.5x15 Goodyear MTR's

Front End
Cherokee HP30
Super 30 kit
TNT 30 truss
ARB 30
Omix 4.88
Solid 30 Diff Cover
Currie Currectlync
Custom made trackbar

Rear End
Ford 8.8
Super 88 kit
TNT 8.8 truss
ARB 8.8
Omix 4.88
Solid 88 Diff Cover

Armor/Recovery
Trailready Sliders
Rubicon Rock Sliders
Smittybilt SRC front bumper
Smittybilt SRC rear bumper
Smittybilt XRC8 Winch
Hi-Lift

Engine
4.0 Throttle Body
Ebay throttle body spacer
Taurus electric fan
Home made snorkel/cold air

Electrical/Accessories/Other
York OBA
ARB Compressor
2 Daystar 100w
2 Harbor Freight Lights
KC Windshield Mounts
2 10" Polk Marine Grade subs
4 6" Polk Marine Grade speakers
Plether Bucket seats
Homemade overhead console
Line-X Tub and Fenders
Wilderness Rack
Quick Fists
Junkyard Explorer roof rails
Currie SYE
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________________

So i played football for Allegheny College in Meadville, PA my freshman year, then attended Portland State my sophmore year, and am now a senior at Oregon Tech studying Biomedical Informatics and Database Engineering.

This jeep has been put together on a pretty tight, patient budget, and has been put together almost entirely with craigslist. The only major parts that have been purchased brand new was my first lift kit and my most recent set of Goodyear MTRs. I know there is a lot of struggling students out there that are trying to juggle school, a job, and a jeep! Anyways hope you all enjoy!

At a young age the highlight of my day was my dad driving me around southern California in his brown 401 CJ-7. I wanted nothing more than to eventually have one when i became of age.

My first car however was my dads old company car I bought from Xerox. My parents had made a deal with me that if got straight A's for one full year they would help me buy my first car. Just the same as they had done for my dirtbikemIt wasn't a jeep but it was a reliable set of wheels to drive Not to mention being able to drag my bike around.

After about a year i sold the Truck and found this yellow 2.5 TJ on craigslist for just under 5 grand. It was missing a lot of the interior, didn't have any uppers,the soft top was moldy and holed up but the engine and body was clean. With only 70k, 2 owners, and no accidents i decided this was going to be the one.

Lonewolf42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2013, 07:41 PM   #2
Lonewolf42
2000 TJ Wrangler 

This is shortly after the rough country 2.5 lift and removing the front bumper caps, and painting the headlight rings. Also got a hold of some uppers.

Unread 08-05-2013, 08:17 PM   #3
Lonewolf42
2000 TJ Wrangler 

New fiberglass uppers and new sail cloth soft top.

Unread 08-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #4
Lonewolf42
2000 TJ Wrangler 

New 33inch BFG MTs, traded my trxus dune grapplers plus 125.00. Also bought some mounts to mount thee hilift to the front bumper along with some harbor freight d ring mounts. As well as a 3/4 inch puck added to the front and rear coils to get 3 1/4" lift.

Unread 08-05-2013, 08:27 PM   #5
Lonewolf42
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Found this hardtop on craigslist for 500.00. It was some wierd aftermarket one with rails and a sunroof. It felt kinda flimsy and didnt seem as solid as the factory one. I also wasn't really too big a fan of the windows. Once nice thing about was that it was carpeted. Sold it after about a week or so on my jeep for 1000, plus a light bar, an older soft top and some lights!

I ended up buying and selling a total of 5 hard tops some of them needing a little bit of work others needing none whatsoever like this one.

Unread 08-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #6
Lonewolf42
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Buying and selling a variety of jeep parts has been how most of this jeep is funded... Buying hardtops in the summer selling them in the winter, repainting them re-fiberglassing small surface fractures things like that.
Here is a picture with one of the hard tops i ended up keeping, we went to the junkyard and took the roof rails off of explorer cut them down to size and mounted them on the hard top sealing it with silicone. As well as the light bar with the painted covers. We had to cut the corners of the light bar to fit around the windshield mounts.
The Wilderness rack i picked up from a lady who had divorced her husband and was just getting rid of a bunch of his jeep stuff he left behind. Unfortunately it was missing the other mounts for the door and rear bumper but for 80 bucks we worked around it. When we got it was covered in house paint, but it cleaned up nice.
Painted the flares with a krylon black plastic paint... (i wouldn't recommend this paint again for the flares, i'll explain later)

Unread 08-07-2013, 02:51 PM   #7
Lonewolf42
2000 TJ Wrangler 

As cool as i thought it was to complain about not fitting into parking garages because of my lights i decided it was just more of a hassle...
Picked up some marine trailer LED lights off a semi truck site for like 20 dollars or so. I went with these because you didn't have to cut into the body, just three holes and self threading screws.
Got a class III hitch from a guy in Oregon City for 50.00
Traded the tan best top soft top i got in the other trade for the hardtop for a smittybilt src bumper. I went ahead and moved the lights down there as well.
I also sold my fiberglass uppers and bought some of the fabric ones with glass. The fiberglass was nice but it had started to get a few minor surface cracks underneath.

First time on Firebreak 5 at Tillamook State Forrest going down instead of up in the late fall. This is one of the more difficult and renown trails at TSF but in all honesty it has just gotten progressively easier each year. The other few are from Ceder Tree. I believe this is 2011.

Unread 08-08-2013, 01:55 PM   #8
Lonewolf42
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Here is a picture of just the explorer rails with the factory cross sections. I'll upload a better close up picture of how we sealed it and mounted it later.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/tj-building-students-1558299/
Unread 08-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #9
Lonewolf42
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Replaced my Rough Country 2.5" coils with Rubicon Express 4.5 coils.
Rancho Shocks.
Added a Smittybilt XRC 8 winch i bought on craigslist with the TJ plate for 200.
I left the 3/4 puck in the front to try and offset the weight of the winch.
Also welded Trail-Gear sliders up to the frame.

Unread 08-12-2013, 02:06 PM   #10
Lonewolf42
2000 TJ Wrangler 

At this point it was becoming incredibly expensive to drive. Averaging around 14-16 miles to the gallon. Commuting to school, to work, back home, and occasionally farther south to visit my parents was becoming a little bit of a burden. So i picked up this 97 Civic Del Sol SI from an older couple in Battleground Washington. 85k 1 owner no accidents and averaging around 30 when you get on it, and 33 ish when i drive like a normal human being. My parents borrowed it from me to drive down to LA twice and once down to Florence for their anniversary, averaging 36,37.

Unread 08-12-2013, 02:22 PM   #11
Lonewolf42
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Eventually sold my BFGS for 200 bought some Toyo MTs for 500 from a guy in Vancouver WA.
Bought two bucket seats from a guy in Salem for 125, the driver had a small tear.
Fire extinguisher mounts.
Also used some hose clamps, urethane hose, and moved a couple of the bars around to mount the rack with no top. It ended up working out perfect for many of our summer camping trips. I would check to make sure everything is tight during a pre-trip check, i also wouldnt recommend putting an excessive amount of wait up there. However its pretty sturdy.

Unread 08-12-2013, 02:31 PM   #12
Lonewolf42
2000 TJ Wrangler 

A buddy of mine from school works at a bed-liner shop and hooked it up with Bullet Liner on the tub and fenders.

Unread 08-12-2013, 02:37 PM   #13
Lonewolf42
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Getting back out at browns camp again over summer 2012...

Unread 08-12-2013, 02:38 PM   #14
Lonewolf42
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Below is going up firebreak 5 again where a few of the earlier pictures are from... The one below is a filter for a double black Airplane Hill.

Unread 08-12-2013, 02:43 PM   #15
Lonewolf42
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Me and my brother, (the one in the powerwheels jeep at the top) my buddy who works at the bed-liner shop, and my other buddy and his dads CJ-7.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.