Tj budget build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Tj budget build

Jeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdTeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.com

Unread 05-17-2014, 08:09 PM   #1
Mowgli25
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Tj budget build

My neighbor has a 2002 tj that be bought brand new in 2002. He told me one day he was thinking of selling it. I ended up picking it up from him for $3200. It has a soft top but has tons of holes in it. He is a teacher and the kids there kept cutting his windows. It also has a oil leak that I'm trying to chaise down. He said he got $1400 of ac work done a few months back but then is ended up with a leak somewhere else so the ac does not work right now. He put 31x10.5x15 tires with American racing rims. Here is the stock pictures as I got it.

Polished up the American racing a little. Still need a lot more!!! But they are better than what they where.

Painted the fenders and installed my rubicon wheels and tires after buying spacers. 32". Look Way better I think

Here is my oil leak I have no clue where is coming from

I also noticed that the front diff looks a little wet but no leak or drip. Is this normal? I thought it should be completely dry

Mowgli25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2014, 04:30 PM   #2
blitz134

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Jeep 4.0 leak oil from three main places. Valve cover gasket (look for oil up high on the back of the engine block). Rear main seal (where the crank shaft exits the back of the block) and the oil pan gasket.

Valve cover is easy to do. I recommend a FelPro permadry gasket.

The oil pan and rear main seal require some extra effort, but there are lots of write-ups on it.

$3200 is a great price for that Jeep. If I came across one for that price, I'd have some explaining to do when I got it back home. Even with high miles, the 4.0 is known to run a long time. I'd get a small lift to provide clearance for the 32s and a new softtop and you'll be good to go.

1990 YJ - Trying to sell - Previous Build
blitz134 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.