Tire Pressure light gone crazy! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Tire Pressure light gone crazy!

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-13-2013, 06:30 PM   #1
LaceyD
2005 WK 

Tire Pressure light gone crazy!

I just bought a Grand Cherokee Limited 2005 from a used car lot yesterday. All was going great until I started hearing a chiming in the car and a message about my tires being low on pressure. I checked the PSI according to the door and the tires, and they seemed fine. To double check I took the car into Les Schwab and they said all the censors and and psi were fine. I then took it to the dealer and this is what they said:

"Confirmed Tire Pressure light on, found Code C1509 Right rear tire pressure module performance. Found no lin bus voltage to right rear trigger module. suspect wiring failure between sensor and skeem module."

??????

They summed it up to me that there was a break in the line somewhere and that they would have to find it and then they gave me an astronomical quote.

Is there anyway to get around this?! Cant I just disconnect the whole thing?! I can see/tell if my tires are low, I don't even need this feature. I've called a few other places and no one seems to know. Do I just pay for it? The constant chiming in my car is driving me insane!!

any advice would help, thanks!!!!

LaceyD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.