Time to Reset... Razorback Rebuild - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Time to Reset... Razorback Rebuild

New Product Release: Flowmaster CA Legal Direct-Fit CatalyPartsHubDirect: Hella LED Lighting, HID Xenon, Headlamps, Hella Rallye 1000 Series 12-Volt/55-Watt Black Magic Halog

Unread 03-01-2012, 05:22 AM   #91
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Man that suck. I'm sorry to hear that.

midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2012, 05:24 AM   #92
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorback84
So my project just took a turn for the worse. Got an email from the guy that I was suppose to get the axles from that reads: "Hey man I got some bad news I was out of town this weekend my shop got robbed they took all my tools the axles and everything not bolted down. Sorry" I was suppose to pick them up in February, but with my job it got pushed back a until May. I had put a deposit down and he is saying that times are tough and he doesn't know if he can give me my money back, because I missed my pickup date. I'm kinda pissed
No product no money. He was ok with you changing the date. He got robbed not you. I would make him refund your money. You have a legal leg to stand on here so to speak.

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2012, 06:11 AM   #93
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siva283 View Post
No product no money. He was ok with you changing the date. He got robbed not you. I would make him refund your money. You have a legal leg to stand on here so to speak.
Good luck "making" him do anything.

That sucks to hear dude, although the pessimist in me thinks he's just scamming you and sold the axles to someone else. I'm always amazed at the timing of said burglaries and thefts.
Unread 03-01-2012, 06:14 AM   #94
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

If he's not willing to pay the DEPOSIT back, I'm not willing to believe that story.
Imped is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2012, 06:15 AM   #95
razorback84

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFuzz View Post
Good luck "making" him do anything.

That sucks to hear dude, although the pessimist in me thinks he's just scamming you and sold the axles to someone else. I'm always amazed at the timing of said burglaries and thefts.
Dude, you and me both. I think its a scam as well. I do know that if it was me, I would have made a homeowners insurance claim in a heartbeat and would have no problems giving someone their deposit back. I think it is a little fishy if you ask me.
79 Harley Lowrider
12 Caravelle Interceptor 232 Ski Boat

Build Thread

Razorback Rebuild
razorback84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2012, 07:13 AM   #96
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

So I got these axles for a smokin deal. Dude said I didn't even have to pay a deposit...

That sucks bro. But honestly, just keep looking. You've got time and you'll find another deal. I kept getting impatient in my build too while I was deployed. Wanting to order parts for the sake of ordering them. Just keep looking. It will work out.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2012, 08:03 AM   #97
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

That sucks....

Smells fishy.
Hendrix is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2012, 12:27 AM   #98
razorback84

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just got this email today

Hey man good news dumb asses tried to sell the axles to someone I work with. Went with cops today all my stuff still in van. I'm happy as hell getting everything back in a couple of days. Couple of local meth heads. So if your still up for it so am I if not I can try selling to someone else and then pay u back. Let me know
79 Harley Lowrider

Build Thread

Razorback Rebuild
Unread 03-02-2012, 02:21 AM   #99
razorback84

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like everything is going to go on as planned.
79 Harley Lowrider

Build Thread

Razorback Rebuild
Unread 03-02-2012, 05:22 AM   #100
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yay!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2012, 06:40 AM   #101
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

That's awesome. Glad it worked out for you Seth.
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2012, 06:46 AM   #102
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I take back my previous statement....maybe the dude is legit.
Imped is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2012, 08:25 AM   #103
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

So you're saying there's a chance!

I'll take back my previous statement once you have the axles on-hand.
Unread 03-02-2012, 11:39 AM   #104
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Thats good lets hope for the best.

quick question why the duracrap motor and not a tried and true cummins motor ram 2500 or so?
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #105
razorback84

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
Thats good lets hope for the best.

quick question why the duracrap motor and not a tried and true cummins motor ram 2500 or so?
Just not a Dodge fan. I do like Duramax better than Powerstoke, but for me the best package was a duramax with an allison tranny. Now if they had a Chevy body with a Cummins and Allison, that would be my dream truck.

I owned a 2001 Dodge Ram that I bought in 2002. It had like 9K miles on it when I bought it and I had to get the transmission replaced at 16K miles. And my Jeep has had transmission problems in the past as well. Plus since your a Dodge man than you can understand once you become loyal its over. LOL Kinda like me and Harleys. I don't think I could ever own a different bike.
79 Harley Lowrider

Build Thread

Razorback Rebuild

Tags
arkansas

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.