Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Time to Reset... Razorback Rebuild

Tags
arkansas
14K views 110 replies 25 participants last post by  MrGipe 
#1 ·
So I'm really thinking about starting a build thread and re-building my Jeep now that I'm a single guy again and no wife to tell me no I can't spend the money. I'm really debating on which lift to go with, but I'm sure that you guys will help me spend my money. I do know one direction that I'm going with and that is the Jeep is no longer my daily driver which gives me a little bit more slack on where I can go from here.

So my Jeep is a 2006 Sport that I bought in Feb 2008. It had 18000 miles on it and I picked it up for roughly 16K and it was bone stock with a D35/30 combo (really wish I knew what I was looking for when I bought it) I just rolled over on 55K miles

As it sits now or the things I've done to it so far is put D44's front and rear (wrecked 05 Rubicon) 3.5 Rubicon express springs, Rokmen Control arms, Rokmen Tummy Tuck and engine skid, TNT tube fenders front and rear (extended opening for the rear), Rock hard front and rear bumpers, 35 BFG's and a few other nick-nacks

I'm really thinking about going with a TNT lift or an AEV lift (long arm) (I know I might get flamed for going to long arm) but I haven't made up my mind. I do know I'm wanting to add a rubicrawler, cage, onboard air, and possibly go to 36 or 37 inch tires.....

EDIT>>>> Well plans have changed a little bit. I picked up a set of Pro Rock 60's so it changed up a little bit. I am still going long arm, but instead of going with TNT I am planning on doing a 3/4 link with coilovers.

The day I bought her

First lift (Rough Country 2.5) on 33's

Final lift (before fenders)

During Fender install

As it sits right now

See less See more
#6 ·
I do want to shed a lot of weight. My jeep right now is so heavy with all the steel armor (sides and underneath) and go with some aluminum. I'm going to go with some beadlocks as well. I just haven't decided if I'm going to go with the Hutchinson Rock Monsters or the WE. Still completely undecided on which lift to go with though. And I've got 35 BFG's right now, but I'm thinking I'm going to switch back to Goodyear MTR's. Just paid for some onboard air tonight so those are the first of many parts coming this way.

#12 ·
Thought I'd give a break down of the parts I have and what I have in planned for future mods

As she sits now

Rubicon Express 3.5 springs
Rokmen adjustable control arms (all 8)
Rokmen Tummy Tuck and Engine Skid
Rokmen gas tank skid
Rubicon Dana 44's (front and rear)
Poison Spyder diff covers
A to Z sliders
Superwinch EPI 9.0S
Rockhard bumbers
TNT Tube Fenders (front and rear)
BFG KM2 35x12.5
crappy procomp wheels

Future Mods

TNT long arm with High Clearance belly pan front and rear stretch
King Coilovers
New Swaybar system (Anti-Rock purchased) (August 30th, 2011)
Viair OBA (purchased)(August 25th, 2011)
Atlas TCase
Highline Front Fenders (purchased) (TNT Highline Phantoms) (February 18th, 2012)
Highline Rear Fenders (purchased)(TNT Zyro's) (August 31st, 2011)
Genright Comp Gas Tank (purchased) (February 18th, 2012)
5.38 gears
Full roll cage (Scheduled for end of May 2012) (Custom Shop in Arkansas)
Mastercraft baja seats (purchased) (September 26th, 2011)
Goodyear MTR (40's) or
Pittbull Rocker (41.5's)
Raceline 17 inch Beadlocks
Hardtop for those Arkansas winters

ProRock 60's were purchased September 28th, 2011COLOR]

#18 ·
Thought I'd give a break down of the parts I have and what I have in planned for future mods

As she sits now

Rubicon Express 3.5 springs
Rokmen adjustable control arms (all 8)
Rokmen Tummy Tuck and Engine Skid
Rokmen gas tank skid
Rubicon Dana 44's (front and rear)
Poison Spyder diff covers
A to Z sliders
Superwinch EPI 9.0S
Rockhard bumbers
TNT Tube Fenders (front and rear)
BFG KM2 35x12.5
crappy procomp wheels

Future Mods

TNT long arm with High Clearance belly pan (not sure if I'm going 4 or 5.5)
New Swaybar system
Viair OBA (purchased)
Rubicon Transfer Case
JE Reel Drive shaft
Rubicrawler
Savvy Aluminumn gas tank skid
Superior axle shafts (front and rear)
5.13 gears
Full roll cage
Mastercraft baja seats
Goodyear MTR (35-37) (not sure on the size yet)
Hutchinson Rock Monster Beadlocks
Vanco Brake Kit
Hardtop for those Arkansas winters
i'd be thrilled to have the "now"

#15 ·
will be watching this.. :popCorn:

p.s. whats it like to be able to spend money however you wish without getting flamed? :ghost:
Its still fresh so I still feel like I should be trying to hide my spending lol, but I will say that its freaking awesome not worrying catching a load of crap for spending money on the Jeep or the Bikes

#16 ·
I think you should go about 8" of lift and 37's.

Or not.

I DO think you need some train horns to go with that sweet Viair setup though. ;)

And maybe 60's on 39's. I'd do a custom midarm and 5" coils. Highline fronts, Savvy Under Wares. Ideally.

#17 ·
A set of Train horns would be nice... and loud... lol Truth be told the only reason I bought that Viair from you is because of the sexy Orange paint. I had already decided that Orange was going to be the color of my cage lol so it really works out.

60's would be really nice, but I've done a little counting of the prices of the other parts I've listed and another axle swap just isn't going to make the cut, but I am going to swap shafts when I do the re-gear.

I've still got a little more research before I make the lift decision.

#21 ·
Ok so I have decided that I'm still going to do the long arm, but I'm going with the 4 inch and I'll be ordering a set of Hyline fronts. For the fronts I'll most likely go with TNT again, but not sure about the rears. I'm still trying to decide if I want to run a flare on the rear or not or if I want to go with TNT and get the "oversized" rears or if I want to go with their hyline with no flare?

#22 ·
Since its been about a little over a month since I've been home and my Jeep hasn't been started I ask my sister to start it up for me. Never thought in a million years that I would have 2 kids riding in my Jeep. Here is a picture of my little twin nieces enjoying their Jeep ride.

#26 ·
New Axle shafts and a truss is on the check list. I am still a little worried about it though.

I almost ordered a front and rear one. I figure this has been a expensive pay period with buying a new computer, making a double car payment and a plane ticket for the girl to come see me this weekend. Plus I did buy that Viair setup with this check as well

#25 ·
I still need one of those for the rear lol it would be nice to have one.

#27 ·
Ordered a set of TNT Hyline "Zyros" Rear Corners. My extended opening full corners will be coming off and a little more triming is in my future once I get back to Arkansas. My girlfriend will be sending me pictures of the parts once they start showing up to the house so I can post up here.

#29 ·
Well my contract (civilian contractor) is up in a year, but I'll be in and out of the state thoughout the year. Looks like I'll be back in Conway in the middle of Oct. If you are intersted in that winch I can pull it and meet up when I'm in town. I'm not going to be using it anytime soon..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.