THOR - DD/Weekend Warrior - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > THOR - DD/Weekend Warrior

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 07-11-2012, 10:20 PM   #151
Kodiak17
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by djflyy View Post
Why are you pushing for aluminum so badly? If you're really that set on it, call your local metal place and ask them to put a radius bend in a sheet of 3/16 or 1/4" alum. Also, as far as the gas cap- I took a small chain and rivited it to the outer funnel surround, then to the cap itself. Now it's on a chain
Because I'm stubborn I might call a place tomorrow. And yes! I plan to do something just like that. Maybe I'll do a write up on it

My build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thor-dd-weekend-warrior-1348534/
Kodiak17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2012, 12:05 PM   #152
Kodiak17
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Ordered a pair of these, flasher relay, smaller backup lights, and an LED bulb for my dome light. Even better... I should have new meats by Monday.

Unread 07-16-2012, 05:44 PM   #153
Kodiak17
1998 TJ Wrangler 

KM2's are mounted. Ride a lot nicer than the worn a/t's. Absorb bumps much better as well. The shop aired them up to 40 psi, I feel that's too much. Need to get my bump stops set correctly too.

Discos are in too...

Unread 07-17-2012, 11:51 PM   #154
Kodiak17
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Turned 18 today, went wheeling to celebrate! The KM2's did great and the discos were fun to try out. Got my flasher relay in too. Hoping to pickup a front drive-shaft tomorrow. Here's a bunch of pics:

Unread 07-17-2012, 11:58 PM   #155
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Dear KoKo,

Happy Birthday.

- Dave

P.S. That TJ of yours would look awesome if it had more aluminum on it. What's the holdup?

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2012, 09:46 AM   #156
Kodiak17
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
Dear KoKo,

Happy Birthday.

- Dave

P.S. That TJ of yours would look awesome if it had more aluminum on it. What's the holdup?

Thank you fellow wasteland survivor! All funds went to tires I'll just use the scrap from your trunk for corner guards

Unread 07-22-2012, 04:47 PM   #157
Kodiak17
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Picked up a front-driveshaft, still need to get the last u-joint out. Excited to have 4wd back again! Been waiting on the tail lights too long, luckily I don't work tomorrow, so i'm picking them up directly from the post office in the morning. As for corner armor, I'm thinking about going with Warrior's aluminum version. They're rather cheap and may not be Savvy-quality, but they'll do what I'll need them too. Now to relax for the rest of the night.

Unread 07-24-2012, 09:34 AM   #158
Kodiak17
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Got a hold of my tail lights yesterday. Ran around for 2 hours to different hardware stores trying to find a 4 1/2" hole saw that would fit a 1/4" drill, as it turns out I have a 3/8" contrary to what one of the local hardware employee's told me. My ******* should've just looked. Anyways, it ended up being $40. Tried taking the cheap way out and used the jigsaw with a wood blade. Not such a good idea. So I bit the bullet and tried the hole-saw on the other side. Much nicer! I picked up a metal jig blade and cleaned up the mauled up hole. Once they fit, it was on to wiring. What a *****. I used Stu Olsen's site as reference, but somehow I was still having wiring problems. First the LED's wouldn't work with the headlights on, then the right blinker would turn on both blinkers. After rearranging wires I think I got it right. Getting back at it this morning.

Proof that they work!

Unread 07-24-2012, 04:06 PM   #159
Kodiak17
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Buttoned up today, turn signals and brake lights work. Unfortunately, my running lights don't, and thats a BIG problem driving at night. I also mounted up my spare, painted the rear bumper, and relocated the license plate. Pretty pissed about the lights not working perfectly. Just leaving it for now.

Unread 07-27-2012, 06:52 PM   #160
Kodiak17
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Got the shaft put together yesterday and crawled some rocks to try it out. Worked flawlessly until on the way back when a cap popped off at 50 mph. Gave me a scare, next time i'll make sure the snaprings are fully in.

Unread 07-30-2012, 12:01 AM   #161
8pitcher
1988 YJ Wrangler 

dude nice jeep. i wish i could do all that stuff to my JK but unfortunatly my mom prohibits that. anyway i got a CJ5 for building up and wheeling.
[URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #640[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2012, 12:10 AM   #162
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Those tail lights look awesome! I love the smoked background with clear lens. I went with Walmart cheapos, which don't get me wrong are amazing, but those would look so much cooler. Unfortunately, I am super picky about the light pattern on my rear lights so unless they come in the 6 outer 4 inner LED pattern they won't work for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2012, 01:35 AM   #163
Kodiak17
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
Those tail lights look awesome! I love the smoked background with clear lens. I went with Walmart cheapos, which don't get me wrong are amazing, but those would look so much cooler. Unfortunately, I am super picky about the light pattern on my rear lights so unless they come in the 6 outer 4 inner LED pattern they won't work for me.
Thanks! They're just a basic 14 diode design. These were probably made in the same chinese factory as your Walmart brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pitcher View Post
dude nice jeep. i wish i could do all that stuff to my JK but unfortunatly my mom prohibits that. anyway i got a CJ5 for building up and wheeling.
Thanks man, learn on the CJ and maybe you'll inherit the JK one day.

Unread 07-30-2012, 01:40 AM   #164
8pitcher
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak17

Thanks! They're just a basic 14 diode design. These were probably made in the same chinese factory as your Walmart brand.

Thanks man, learn on the CJ and maybe you'll inherit the JK one day.
The JK is mine no mods til college.
[URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #640[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2012, 01:50 AM   #165
Kodiak17
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pitcher View Post
The JK is mine no mods til college.
Right, misunderstood ya. Sell the JK to build the CJ

4 A.M. UPDATE: Drained the D35, painted the cover, curing over night. Figured out why my snap-rings are popping out in the front DS. After smashing on it to get the original u-joints out, I deformed the edges on some parts of the yoke. These deformations closed the gap in some parts of the snapring grooves. I'll open them up with the dremel. I really just want this front driveshaft in without vibes or clunks or explosions. Looking into the Rokmen trail corners. I have a feeling this build thread is taking a turn away from uber-light parts. Seems impractical when you look at the cost, especially as a college freshman.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.